OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Given pandemic situation, the supply chain is affected and people are not eager to spend too.
The imported TVs will be costlier while the indian made ones will be cheaper as an effect.
I think all OLEDs are imports. Not very sure though.
All OLED panels are imported, as only Korea and now China have LGD factories making those, but TV assembly is in India.

5 % on open cell or whatever which is only one of the components that go into a TV. Shouldn't cause a big increase in the price.
Open cell is the panel which is pretty much the entire cost of a TV. The rest of the components (power supply, PCB, speakers, SoC, back plastic etc) are pretty cheap on a TV due to commoditization. There won't be a lot of difference in those components between a 65" OLED and a 32" LCD TV.

Open cell is the panel which is pretty much the entire cost of a TV. The rest of the components (power supply, PCB, speakers, SoC, back plastic etc) are pretty cheap on a TV due to commoditization. There won't be a lot of difference in those components between a 65" OLED and a 32" LCD TV.
Still though, considering the margins and everything, it's safe to assume panel won't cost more than 60% of the retail price, right? So 5% duty is just 3% increase in the retail price. Not gonna affect anyone's purchasing decision.

Still though, considering the margins and everything, it's safe to assume panel won't cost more than 60% of the retail price, right? So 5% duty is just 3% increase in the retail price. Not gonna affect anyone's purchasing decision.
That depends on the TV. For a 50k TV, it won't be more than 70% since those components should cost around 15k or so.

However, for a TV which costs 2 lac to manufacture, those components don't increase in price linearly. It maybe becomes 20k instead of 15k (even 2 lac TVs use the same plastic, same shitty Mediatek SoC, similar power delivery. The only increase is the extra processor). So in those cases your panel will be close to 90% of the overall cost of manufacturing.

Even being conservative, it should be 80% of the manufacturing cost easily. Rest of the components are worse and cheaper than your average ₹15k smartphone.

this says impact should not be more than 250rs.

That's stupid government logic. Read the article further as the government assumes a garbage-tier ₹5000 42" panel as their estimation lol.

Obviously a 65" OLED panel costs an order of magnitude more. The government will ignore that because it doesn't suit their narrative.

That's stupid government logic. Read the article further as the government assumes a garbage-tier ₹5000 42" panel as their estimation lol.

Obviously a 65" OLED panel costs an order of magnitude more. The government will ignore that because it doesn't suit their narrative.
yeah you are correct.This can increase the price by 5-6K on a 65 OLED.

That depends on the TV. For a 50k TV, it won't be more than 70% since those components should cost around 15k or so.

However, for a TV which costs 2 lac to manufacture, those components don't increase in price linearly. It maybe becomes 20k instead of 15k (even 2 lac TVs use the same plastic, same shitty Mediatek SoC, similar power delivery. The only increase is the extra processor). So in those cases your panel will be close to 90% of the overall cost of manufacturing.

Even being conservative, it should be 80% of the manufacturing cost easily. Rest of the components are worse and cheaper than your average ₹15k smartphone.
Just out of curiosity,If the parts are so cheap.why other tv manufacturers are not giving 4 HDMI 2.1 ports and features VRR,EARC etc.i thought it was because of the cost factor.

Just out of curiosity,If the parts are so cheap.why other tv manufacturers are not giving 4 HDMI 2.1 ports and features VRR,EARC etc.i thought it was because of the cost factor.
If it was the cost factor, lg C9 wouldn't be the cheapest oled even with all those feature while all other expensive oleds dont have that. Or why x900h has HDMI 2.1 but the more expensive x950H doesn't.

It's mostly the firmware and software side things that take time and effort to get sorted out. You see that even on the CX it didn't work with RTX 3080 and required a firmware fix.1 month ago there wasn't a single device with HDMI 2.1 out, so there was no need to put it in your TV. Also, TVs are designed long before they're made and are out in the market. The 2020 lineup of TVs were mostly designed and tested in 2019 Q1/Q2. Back then HDMI 2.1 was difficult to get certified.

Next year you'll see almost all the brands offering HDMI 2.1 with their midrange and high end TVs since PS5 is out now.

80% of manufacturing cost is what I assumed which would translate to ~60% of the retail price so 3k-4k increase if they decide to pass on the entire cost. Basically it makes the purchase a little more expensive but is not gonna change anyone's decision.

80% of manufacturing cost is what I assumed which would translate to ~60% of the retail price so 3k-4k increase if they decide to pass on the entire cost. Basically it makes the purchase a little more expensive but is not gonna change anyone's decision.
True. However, x increase in manufacturing cost translates to more than x increase in selling cost. The dealer margins work in percentages for example. So say 60% of a 65" C9(1.8 lakhs) is the panel, that is 108000, a 5% increase would be 5400. However, for that 5400 increase in cost, LG would charge 8-10k more. That also translates to how much the prices have increased.

Yes, it still won't matter to the buying decision, since it 1.8 v/s 1.9 lakhs doesn't really matter that much. But it's not a trivial cost increase like the 250 rupee govt. is leading misleading you to believe.

Guys sorry for OT , but I need some help. Today I got my TV installed, in about my tv section, it says , " Total Power On Time" 410hrs :( .. What does it mean? Is it Just "Power" On or display On? I asked my installation guy to check if it's display unit or not but he said it isn't because there's no sign of dusts on the film or no air bubbles on the film. Should I worry about it?
Thanks.

PS:- If possible can someone point me towards any thread about OTs on OLED? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20201004_174150_595.jpg
    IMG_20201004_174150_595.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Guys sorry for OT , but I need some help. Today I got my TV installed, in about my tv section, it says , " Total Power On Time" 410hrs :( .. What does it mean? Is it Just "Power" On or display On? I asked my installation guy to check if it's display unit or not but he said it isn't because there's no sign of dusts on the film or no air bubbles on the film. Should I worry about it?
Thanks.

PS:- If possible can someone point me towards any thread about OTs on OLED? Thanks.
This is used. Happened to me as well but mine was 342 hours. The show room manager replaced it immediately with no questions asked. Time on should be 0 period. No dust, bubbles blah blah is BS. Check below page

Thanks.

Used set. Return it. Probably been on display for a while. Power on time means the amount of time TV has been powered on.

Check uniformity first though. If it's good, maybe talk to dealer and see if you can get 10-15k money back instead.

Used set. Return it. Probably been on display for a while. Power on time means the amount of time TV has been powered on.

Check uniformity first though. If it's good, maybe talk to dealer and see if you can get 10-15k money back instead.
Yeah also confirm the manufacture date. Based on that calculate the total hours of use per day.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back