onkyo 3300 or denon 1610 + plok audio 6750

trumanusa

Hi,

Please let me know which one would be better
1)onkyo 3300 - 25k
2)denon 1610, polk auido 6750 - 36k.

Please let me know if it is worth spending 11k more for denon.

Need your help for suggesting to a friend.

-Regards
Hemanth R

With Onkyo,spk supplied is not of best Q.amp 3300 looks good though.Again if you like demo of 3300 its worth as it has HDMI1.4 with 3D capabliities.

I'm in a similar dilemma, but HDMI 1.4 etc are not really features I'm looking for right now... So, I'll be inlined towards either a Denon or Onkyo AVR, along with tower speakers...

Hi,

Please let me know which one would be better
1)onkyo 3300 - 25k
2)denon 1610, polk auido 6750 - 36k.

Please let me know if it is worth spending 11k more for denon.

Need your help for suggesting to a friend.

-Regards
Hemanth R

Denon+polk is better than onkyo HTiB and definitely worth extra 11K..

Denon 1610 is better receiver than onkyo HTiB.. and it is way ahead of onkyo 3300 for music..
polk 6750 has powered subwoofer, this is also a plus point..

HDMI 1.4 in onkyo3300 are useless till you get a 3Dtv..

Buy Onkyo only if your usage is only movies and budget is limited.
Else denon+polk at 36K is excellent deal and worth every penny..

Denon 1610 and Polk Audio RM 6750 5.1 set - both together for 36k? Sounds like a steal. When I enquired here in ProFX Chennai about 2 weeks back or so, the 1610 was quoted at 23k for the silver one and 26k for the black one, while the RM 6750 5.1 set was quoted as 26k (MRP 29,990).

If you're getting both together for a total of 36k, it is an amazing deal. Definitely better to go in for this combo rather than the Onkyo 3300 HTIB.

Jeez ... maybe I should have checked out this combo as well before picking up my Yamaha RX-V 459 receiver from a friend for 10k. Now I am thinking of picking up Wharfedale MovieStar 70+ 5.1 set (slightly used) for 23k. This brings my total to 33k. Looking at your deal on the Denon-Polk combo, looks like I could have gone for that deal instead - would have got both the receiver and speakers brand new. Oh well maybe next time :sad:

---Venkat

Denon+polk is better than onkyo HTiB and definitely worth extra 11K..

Denon 1610 is better receiver than onkyo HTiB.. and it is way ahead of onkyo 3300 for music..
polk 6750 has powered subwoofer, this is also a plus point..

HDMI 1.4 in onkyo3300 are useless till you get a 3Dtv..

Buy Onkyo only if your usage is only movies and budget is limited.
Else denon+polk at 36K is excellent deal and worth every penny..

i'd give the same feedback. also you need a 3d bd player and afiak, most players have 2 hdmi outs. just for such a eventuality - connect directly to 3dtv on on one port and HD audio on the other

Okay....Thanks a ton for the inputs. My friend would be getting 1610(black) from singapore for 16k and polks for 20k from griha vaibhava in bangalore. i think griha vaibhva quotes are cheaper then anybody else in bangalore. correct me if i am wrong.

u can contact mr binny (mob - 9845427789) from griha vaibhava. he is very helpful.

-Hemanth R

Trumanusa:

The Denon 1610 from S'pore at 16k is a superb price, albeit you'd have no warranty on the receiver. I checked with ProFX here in Chennai about 2 hrs back and they gave me a best price of 26k for the just RM 6750 5.1 speaker package, and 40k for the Denon 1610 with the RM 6750 speakers as a package.

Considering the overall difference is only 4k, it may be better to get the receiver and speaker package from ProFX since you'd get a warranty for the AV receiver. Please do check with ProFX Bangalore as you do get good offers there too. Who knows ... they may beat the 40k price too.

---Venkat

Venkat ..... take it easy.

Trust me, Wharf 70+ would beat a Polk 6750 hollow ........ Yes, Polks are good for movies (better bass), no doubt. But, whence considering for music too, Polks take a sound beating.

As told to you earlier, compare the build quality of THIS Wharf. Bigger, heavier and solid MDF construction with ash coloured aluminium facia ...... do I need to say more?

I too went through your confused state while on the buying spree ... SO, give both units a "hear" first .... and trust only YOUR ears and not MY big, inexperienced mouth ;).

Venkat ..... take it easy.

Trust me, Wharf 70+ would beat a Polk 6750 hollow ........ Yes, Polks are good for movies (better bass), no doubt. But, whence considering for music too, Polks take a sound beating.

As told to you earlier, compare the build quality of THIS Wharf. Bigger, heavier and solid MDF construction with ash coloured aluminium facia ...... do I need to say more?

I too went through your confused state while on the buying spree ... SO, give both units a "hear" first .... and trust only YOUR ears and not MY big, inexperienced mouth ;).

Hey thanks man. Yeah it is really confusing. Esp between 23k and 26k ... quite close. The Polk RM6750 satellites are quite small compared to the MS 70+ speakers. Will definitely check out both.

Hey Hemanth

R u gonna wait till I post back here with my impressions/buying decision? I will be surely checking out the Wharfedale MovieStar 70+ set on Sat and if I am happy with it may just pick it up. Polk ... well it has just now come up and costs 3k more. 23k itself is a stretch for me at this time due to other commitments. So I am trying to get the best I can within this budget. I had initially planned for 20k.

If you can spend more on your speakers (as you are getting your AVR for only 16k), I would also suggest that you check out the MovieStar 70+. Here a brand new set of these costs 30k (MRP 33k). This will take your total expenditure to 46k.

However it all finally depends on which ones we like when we demo them. Technically specs wise, the MovieStar 70+ does seem to be superior to the Polk Audio RM 6750.

Shall definitely keep you guys updated on my demo impressions / buying decision.

---Venkat

Thanks venkat. i will check out the demo and then decide. Even i am tied up in spending. So was looking at polks.

-Hemanth R

Hey thanks man. Yeah it is really confusing. Esp between 23k and 26k ... quite close. The Polk RM6750 satellites are quite small compared to the MS 70+ speakers. Will definitely check out both.

Will Wharf MS70 will cause any compatibility issue with 1610 as they are 4 ohm spkrs where A/V 1610 supports 6 & 8 ohms for 75W & 110W respectively?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back