Onkyo AVR owners thread

The new 2019 line up of Onkyo AVRs have a new improved HDMI board. I think this will fix the HDMI issues .
Yes I too came to know from local onkyo dealer it's coming one month and onkyo ht-s3910 has sub pre out but comes with passive subwoofer

Hi Onkyo owners,

Can you please let me know the best settings for my receiver.

Which Crossover adjustment for each channel (40 ⁄ 50 ⁄ 60 ⁄ 70 ⁄ 80 ⁄ 90 ⁄ 100 ⁄ 120 ⁄ 150 ⁄ 180 ⁄ 200 Hz) should i use?

Receiver : onkyo tx-nr696

My speakers are as below.

Front Speakers (SKF-580 L/R)
Center Speaker (SKC-580)
Surround Speakers (SKR-580 L/R)
Surround Back Speakers (SKB-580 L/R)
Subwoofer (SKW-580)

Last edited:
Hi Onkyo owners,

Can you please let me know the best settings for my receiver.

Which Crossover adjustment for each channel (40 ⁄ 50 ⁄ 60 ⁄ 70 ⁄ 80 ⁄ 90 ⁄ 100 ⁄ 120 ⁄ 150 ⁄ 180 ⁄ 200 Hz) should i use?

Receiver : onkyo tx-nr696

My speakers are as below.

Front Speakers (SKF-580 L/R)
Center Speaker (SKC-580)
Surround Speakers (SKR-580 L/R)
Surround Back Speakers (SKB-580 L/R)
Subwoofer (SKW-580)

For the L/C/R, use 80 Hz crossover.. For SL/SR, experiment with 80/90/100/120..

Hi All,

I own Onkyo HTS-3300 htib, till few months it has been working without any issues but all of sudden no sound coming, when I contacted onkyo service center in hyderabad(at Ameerpet as per then this is only one authorised onkyo server center for Telangana & AP), they said it can't be repaired but when I googled I found that is is an issue with dts chip when it gets heated this issue comes up, I tried the suggested solution but it did not work.

Is this issue really can't be repaired, if it can be repaired could you please share service center/person contact details

Thanks In Advance

Same issue here with my AVR TX-SR309, have you got some remedies ? Such a pathetic experience with "Onkyo" I'm also trouble with Onkyo 6CD Changer DX-C390 !

I have onkyo TX-SR701 receiver..now the remote is not working.Light is not blinking in the remote when the keys are pressed(it was working before).Do I need to pair up the remote with the receiver(don’t remember how it was done initially as it was bought second hand few years back)..It doesn’t have Bluetooth or wifi functionalities so I think can’t use app for this..Where I can get a remote for this as the product is good and I want to use it..

I have onkyo TX-SR701 receiver..now the remote is not working.Light is not blinking in the remote when the keys are pressed(it was working before).Do I need to pair up the remote with the receiver(don’t remember how it was done initially as it was bought second hand few years back)..It doesn’t have Bluetooth or wifi functionalities so I think can’t use app for this..Where I can get a remote for this as the product is good and I want to use it..

Get the Harmony 650 Universal remote. Works with almost any receiver & other components & is a great remote. This price has fallen from 8K

Get the Harmony 650 Universal remote. Works with almost any receiver & other components & is a great remote. This price has fallen from 8K

Thanks for the suggestion.

I am using one in Dubai and one I have bought to India but still in box and not used. Have not decided on the speakers for India .

For some reason I am unable to hear the rear speakers on my Onkyo Tx-DS 676. I attached my rear speakers which I got from a friend a long time ago just yesterday and I cant seem to hear the rear speakers when I connect my set up with the TV. Any suggestions?

Any body who can suggest good bookshelfspeakers to pair with the Onkyo amp?
Assuming you have the budget, try B&W. Match made in heaven!
I have no business being here since I am not an Onkyo owner, however, I worked for Onkyo for 3 years in Bangalore, hence the suggestion.

Assuming you have the budget, try B&W. Match made in heaven!
I have no business being here since I am not an Onkyo owner, however, I worked for Onkyo for 3 years in Bangalore, hence the suggestion.
@Vinod.R B&W maybe a bit outside my budget. I'm looking for bookshelves with in 20k. Can you give me a few more suggestions? How do Wharfdales/Mission/Qacoustics go with them? My rear speaker and subs are Onkyo and I most listen to Metal and Rock and some retrowave (discoish 80's movie music)

@Vinod.R B&W maybe a bit outside my budget. I'm looking for bookshelves with in 20k. Can you give me a few more suggestions? How do Wharfdales/Mission/Qacoustics go with them? My rear speaker and subs are Onkyo and I most listen to Metal and Rock and some retrowave (discoish 80's movie music)
Unfortunately since metal and rock is your forte, B&W are going to be the best.
You can look used in forum for the speakers.
Missions, Wharfdales are good too in that order.
I have not heard Q Accousitics so can't say.
If you can, take your AVR and demo. That will help you decide.

Unfortunately since metal and rock is your forte, B&W are going to be the best.
You can look used in forum for the speakers.
Missions, Wharfdales are good too in that order.
I have not heard Q Accousitics so can't say.
If you can, take your AVR and demo. That will help you decide.
Really difficult to find a good place to demo in Bangalore. Lol some guys out right refuse or want to charge.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back