Onkyo AVR owners thread

I will be soon pairing up wharfedale diamond 122s with Onkyo 636.
I have brought my entire set-up from abroad and now need to buy the speaker wires from Delhi.
Need to know what are the specifics that i need to keep in mind for the wiring.

Till now i have only been to one dealer, and checked the Bandridge wire. I was offered a 16 gauge wire, costing around 100/mtr. Is this ok or should i consider something else.

Looking forward for some valuable advise on choosing the right wiring.

Last edited:
I have brought my entire set-up from abroad and now need to buy the speaker wires from Delhi.
Need to know what are the specifics that i need to keep in mind for the wiring.

Till now i have only been to one dealer, and checked the Bandridge wire. I was offered a 16 gauge wire, costing around 100/mtr. Is this ok or should i consider something else.

Looking forward for some valuable advise on choosing the right wiring.

Congrats on your purchase... Appreciate if you could share the cost of the individual components..

Yes..16 gauge is fine...

Thanks.. I will soon open up a new thread with all the details once I setup my system.. :) .. Going for Atmos setup..

If its from U.S., then check the AVR voltage input.If 110V then,use a step down converter.

Onkyo have come-up with some new AVR.. TX-RZ710, TX-RZ810, TX-RZ1100 and TX-RZ3100

They seem to feature DAC from Asahi Kasei AK4458
Toroidal transformers
Improved Accu EQ calibration

Some good reviews too on the net...

I love these macho looks of the new AVR :eek:hyeah:

Anyone here took demo of Onkyo TX RZ series ?

http://www.intl.onkyo.com/products/av_components/av_receivers/index.html

im_open.jpg

Last edited:
Please let me know, is there my speaker is under power ? actually i have zero knowledge about this ! My Onkyo TX-SR309 Power and speaker description as below, Please help me to understand the power description, is this setup is recommended or not ?

AV Power (Onkyo TX-SR309)

Front L/R -
120 W/Ch(6 ?, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 channel driven, JEITA)
100 W/Ch(6 ?, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 channel driven, IEC)
65 W/Ch (8 ?, 20 Hz20 kHz, 0.7%,2 channels driven, FTC)​

Center -
120 W(6 ?, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 channel driven, JEITA)
100 W(6 ?, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 channel driven, IEC)
65 W (8 ?, 20 Hz20 kHz, 0.7%,2 channels driven, FTC)​

Dynamic Power -
160 W (3 ?, Front)
125 W (4 ?, Front)
85 W (8 ?, Front)
THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise)
0.08% (20 Hz20 kHz, Half power)
Damping Factor 60 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 ?)

Input Sensitivity and Impedance - 200 mV/47 k? (Line)
Rated RCA Output Level and Impedance - 200 mV/2.2 k? (Rec out)
Maximum RCA Output Level and Impedance - 2.0 V/2.2 k? (Rec out)
Frequency Response - 20 Hz50 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (DSP bypass)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio - 100 dB (Line, IHF-A)
Speaker Impedance - 6 ?16 ?​

Speaker Power (Taga Harmony 606 V3)

Design - 3way, crossover points 500Hz 3.8kHz
High-Frequency Driver - 25mm (1"), TWG faceplate
Mid range Driver - 133mm (5.25")
Bass Driver - 2 x 165mm (6.5")
Recommended Amplifier Power - (20-120W)
Frequency Response - (40Hz-25KHz)
Impedance - 6 ohm
Sensitivity - 90 dB​

I am having an issue with Onkyo Tx313; not able to connect via hdmi & there is no video out put. Now, only able to connect via AV input.No issue for audio out but no video at all. Any advice ins this regard?

Last edited:
Want to select between Onkyo Tx- 575e and Onkyo Tx - NR 676e. In general how is the performance of Onkyo .?
Is it reliable?I'm a new aspirant . And any help would be appreciated

Want to select between Onkyo Tx- 575e and Onkyo Tx - NR 676e. In general how is the performance of Onkyo .?
Is it reliable?I'm a new aspirant . And any help would be appreciated
Have owned an Onkyo before my current Yamaha. Reliability is an issue with Onkyo and repairs are not cheap either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

i have been using Onkyo 636 since 2014. no issues so far. Pretty much satisfied with the performance.Though it overheats with long usage, but no impact to the performance and i guess overheating issue must be there with other Avrs as well..

Ok..thank you... Onkyo is having very attractive prices abroabroad..is is ok to buy from UK ?

Yes you can buy from UK..Just use it for couple of months here to iron out manufacturing defect possibility.I would suggest check it ebay for some time and you will definitely get some deals .
if you want to take amp back to India than take it as check in baggage otherwise you will end up paying lot of custom as custom people are really weird in estimating price.
I have taken couple of onkyo,front speakers and sub-woofer back to India and there was no issue at all and even i dont need to pay the custom as Delhi airport custom people were nice handling these things.Just message me if you need more details.

Have owned an Onkyo before my current Yamaha. Reliability is an issue with Onkyo and repairs are not cheap either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I echo that. Reliability seems to be a BIG issue with Onkyo. Avoid it, as far as you can.

I used to own AVR R-518 ...after using for 4 years or so it developed recurring issues with a Right channel audio where they had to replace a few transistors several times. so I finally upgraded to TX NR-545, last year ... and guess what, I have come across even a bigger issue.

Last week it got damaged after switching HDMI cable from normal HDMI port to HDMI ARC port on TV (SONY). Onkyo technician mentioned that one of the Main board Chips has been damaged. They cannot change this Chip alone as it has been permanently soldered to the main board. I have been asked to shell out Rs. 22K+ to replace the entire main board just for one chip. :mad:

I am surprised Onkyo does not have a good protection circuitry to avoid damage to such critical and expensive components / main board.
A circuit design where entire motherboard has to be replaced for an issue with a single Chip.

I did owned a Denon quite some time ago (in US). It was a good reliable AVR with excellent audio fidelity.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I own Onkyo HTS-3300 htib, till few months it has been working without any issues but all of sudden no sound coming, when I contacted onkyo service center in hyderabad(at Ameerpet as per then this is only one authorised onkyo server center for Telangana & AP), they said it can't be repaired but when I googled I found that is is an issue with dts chip when it gets heated this issue comes up, I tried the suggested solution but it did not work.

Is this issue really can't be repaired, if it can be repaired could you please share service center/person contact details

Thanks In Advance

Bumping this thread, as there seems to be not many members with Onkyo AVR..

When reading some article on EQ on Audioholics, it was mentioned that Onkyo has improved version of Accu EQ Advanced, which applies EQ only to part of the frequencies

About Accu EQ & Advanced capabilities - https://www.intl.onkyo.com/accueq/index.html

RuOncoG.jpg

From Onkyo website

AccuEQ Advance uses a technique called partial-band equalization to remove standing waves without affecting your speaker voicing. The harmonic characteristics that give “life” to music are found in the ultra-high frequency range. Partial-band equalization corrects frequency response below a certain point, leaving high-order harmonics untouched. Your speakers are free to reproduce the emotion of the recording without standing waves compromising sound quality before it reaches your ears.

The new 2019 line up of Onkyo AVRs have a new improved HDMI board. I think this will fix the HDMI issues .

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back