Onkyo NR616 - Edifier DA5000 Pro Speakers ?? Plz advice.

torrentkid

I own a Onlyo NR616 & have a budget of around Rs.10000. Does anyone else think that the DA5000 Pro are a good set of speakers or will the amp be under utilized ?

The Edifier is a multimedia powered / active speaker, it does not need an amplifier / AVR to be driven, you need to connect it to analog sources like a PC with 5.1 outputs or a DVD player.
Connecting the Edifier with an AVR is likely to blow the Edifier's sub, which also houses its inbuilt amplifier.

I can confidently say that onkyo will be underutilized.. and Edifier da5000 is mainly a PC speaker.
how come you have spent so much on a 7.2ch receiver and have low budget on speaker (if I am not wrong you have purchased it and not a gift).
The best suggestion you would get is to slowly built on by adding sub and 2 R/L speaker then center and later surround..
About the speaker i cannot comment much as I dont own it. but surely can tell it is not meant for the receiver.
I think you will have to increase your budget and can look for yamaha nsp40 package instead. but best option as I said is to built up slowly by adding which is good option looking for the future.

Last edited:
Haha.. @dpks: yes. I did buy them. but I shelled out all my savings on it. Currently i am left with only 10k. Let's say I like the option of slowly building it up.. What should I first buy? The front speakers.. Right?

1. What would be a good option if I am not looking for a package kind of deal.I can go for diff combinations as per your suggestion. Like what are the best set of FS, SS, sub and center?

2. How about totally avoiding the headache of gong through all the specs and buy either Boston xs 5.1, Polk rm6750, monoprice as8247 or wharfdale mcp 100?

The differs have an underpowered amp with no DSP. Just use the speakers if still on the market for them. Chassis construction of the satellites is great, too.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back