Onkyo s3400 or yamaha yht-294

Kailash

Hello can any one help buying HT system witch one is good? in my city both haven't any dealer and no demo can any guide witch one is good? need 60% movie and 40% music my budget is 25k.

Onkyo anyday for movies but your range is very narrow. Why don't you travel to a city nearby and audition, after all 2-3K will be worth the effort and you will understand what each of them has to offer.

P.S.: It is 8-9%% of you are wanting to spend.

Onkyo anyday for movies but your range is very narrow. Why don't you travel to a city nearby and audition, after all 2-3K will be worth the effort and you will understand what each of them has to offer.

Onkyo 3400 anytime....

for movies onkyo

I repeat !! Onkyo anyday...:yahoo: for a ht package..! :)

Onkyo has a gr8 AVR; But as an HTiB package; I'd prefer YHT294. This is after lots of auditions. BTW, there is YHT296 on it's way.

Hi

This is my first post on the forum, though I have been going through many related threads & posts.
I too am looking for an entry level HT system in the ~30K range, and have auditioned Onkyo, Yamaha, JBL etc [apart from things like Bose, Klipsch + Marantz - see the audacity!! By the way I loved those Klipsch 500 HDT driven by Marantz at Cinebels...hope to build a decent setup block by block one day, like my car setup :licklips: ].

For the time being, I have shortlisted the following -

• Onkyo 3400 (Rs.30K incl Sony BD player thrown in)
  • Onkyo 308 + 528 (33K without BD player)
  • Yamaha YHT 296 (~30K without BD player) &
  • Denon 1312 (~31K without BD player)
I will use the setup to watch HD movies & regular TV viewing (60-70% time) and also Audio CDs & USB mp3 (30-40% time).

Could the experts tell me which would be a better option (in terms of decent SQ, reliability, service support in bangalore etc)?

Thanking you in advance... & look forward to your valuable inputs.

warm regards
Prakash C K

Thank you for the prompt replies.
I was told by MW, Domlur that Denon lacks service support. Hope that wont be the case.
Will update regarding purchase & installation, ASAP.
Thanks once again.

Denon is bundling 1312 AVR with BA 5.1 speaker package in US market, christened 1312BA. Asian markets have Denon's own 5.1 speaker package. Hope to audition it as soon as the dealer gets it arranged.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back