Oppo BDP-83 .... - bluray disc player

I own a Oppo DVD player and amazed at its price and quality . We should really give this a try on BR player . Any one has a idea on what price is this available in International market and in India

Hi friends ... today I've recd my Oppo BDP-83 and Hard Mod kit from JVB Digitals :yahoo:
Ohhh ... :sad: but I've not recd my LCD TV .... the Sony people told I've to wait for another 10 days ... :indifferent14:
shashi

Hi

I have a Oppo BDP-83 in which I have installed the mod kit bought at Amazon and eBay respectively. Its been about 2 months now and its really a great machine and very fast. The pictures and sound is truly amazing. Even after paying duties and courier charges, it was well worth compared to the overpriced quotes that I got for players in Mumbai.

Regards,

PM

You may want to surf a bit ; the BD 83 can be picked up for around $585. While this guy while reliable ( a couple of members here have purchased from him) - he flies off the handle if you show him a lower quote!
:lol:
jb

Just spend 50 bucks to call Oppo directly if they will ship to India. I purchased recently using Indian Credit Card but to US destination. They might actually agree to it.

Cheers

Just spend 50 bucks to call Oppo directly if they will ship to India. I purchased recently using Indian Credit Card but to US destination. They might actually agree to it.

Cheers

OK,earlier they refused to ship to India.

am in the US to attend my nephew's wedding. Have ordered the Oppo BD83 from amazon.com. will order the hardware mod kit after returning to India on Apr.17th.

Does any one know which of the available mods is Best?
giddavr

am in the US to attend my nephew's wedding. Have ordered the Oppo BD83 from amazon.com. will order the hardware mod kit after returning to India on Apr.17th.

Does any one know which of the available mods is Best?
giddavr
Check out the one at 3G-SDI Blu-ray Player, Online Dvd Player Store, Blu-Ray Dvd Players
Is being used by ashishkesarwani quite successfully.
Is a painless procedure too-just swapping the original cable with the modded one-no soldering etc.
You'll find what you require @HifiVision>AV Sources>DVD Players/Hard Disc Recorder>First impressions review of oppo bdp 83, page 2, post#12.

anybody who has experience of playing BDRIPs (720p/1080p) downloaded from internet written on dual layer discs (8gb) or standard 4gb on this BD Player or any other player, please share..
i am confused between WDTV and BD Player in terms of PQ for h264 format..
i don't see a huge market for BDs for the next 6 months, so wd prefer rips until BD purchases some down to Rs 200-300 or rentals to 25..
I wd prefer BD player anytime over the WDTV if they are equal in terms of PQ.
most rips are encoded with AAC/AC3/DTS. AC3/DTS are fine, but what about AAC, does this BDPlayer support conversion from AAC to AC3?

@kamal, what is the player, that u have posted .. the link opens up "http://www.jvbdigital.nl/jvb.asp" which has lots and lots of players..

Last edited:
sounds pretty ok. If you are getting delivered from a local dealer, with bill and warranty it is great! Will save some hassles of getting it through friends or 20north etc. I can buy a $500 thing at this price.

Is price of Oppo BD83 as Rs.28,283.65 good?

If you are getting a new piece in India looks good. I paid 23500 Rs. in the US and am getting a colleague to get it. So if you dont have any options to get it this seems like a small premium as shipping/handling/customer would make it close to 37k when you buy from 20North or such sites.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back