Out of circulation for 3 weeks

GeorgeO

Folks

I will be out of the country from tonight with limited access to internet and so participation will be uncertain until I am back home in the second week of June.

Cheers

Enjoy your trip George :) Will await to hear of your trip when you get back home.

Regards

Hi Folks

Back from the US, back from the US, back from the USSR!

Had some fun, did a side trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico,( great place with super beaches-did some jet skiing, sampled some rum) and brought back a bunch of toys from NY-Optoma HD 20,(no problem with customs last night at BIAL), Scanspeak drivers for my new MTM build, a bunch of crossover parts( heavy stuff), some DVDs, etc.

Oh and some DF stuff a bottle of Caol Ila( pronounced Call Lila), 12 yr old,and some McClelland 1.75 lt single malt. So can look forward to a few wee drams to get over the jet lag..

Visiting PR opens one's eyes to how powerful and long lasting Spanish influence was in that part of the world.Viewed from the prism of history as taught from the prism of Anglo eyes, where Warren Hastings and Robert Clive were portrayed as saviours of India, and Raleigh and Drake as swashbuckling sailors of fortune, the reality was a bit different when looked at from the other side!

Hi Folks

Back from the US, back from the US, back from the USSR!

Had some fun, did a side trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico,( great place with super beaches-did some jet skiing, sampled some rum) and brought back a bunch of toys from NY-Optoma HD 20,(no problem with customs last night at BIAL), Scanspeak drivers for my new MTM build, a bunch of crossover parts( heavy stuff), some DVDs, etc.

Oh and some DF stuff a bottle of Caol Ila( pronounced Call Lila), 12 yr old,and some McClelland 1.75 lt single malt. So can look forward to a few wee drams to get over the jet lag..

Visiting PR opens one's eyes to how powerful and long lasting Spanish influence was in that part of the world.Viewed from the prism of history as taught from the prism of Anglo eyes, where Warren Hastings and Robert Clive were portrayed as saviours of India, and Raleigh and Drake as swashbuckling sailors of fortune, the reality was a bit different when looked at from the other side!

Great to see you back George ! Traveling opens ones mind like nothing else can. Saving money for some meaningful ones :)

Best of luck with the MTM build. Apart from a good crossover design (overall design), the cabinet design is extremely important especially with scanspeaks. The usual carpentry stuff will not do. These drivers are extremely powerful and can induce micro / macro intrusions into your overall sound making the sound hazy/muddy very easily. I have some firsthand experience with some homebrewed designs with these drivers.

If done right, very few speakers can touch the scanspeaks.

Thanks Vinny

Phil Bamberg is a guru, his design skills are legendary, so I know this is going to work well. Its being mated to an Anthem 40wpc EL 34 pp power amp.

I have no doubt that the new speakers will scale new heights, but need to get some pending work out of the way before starting work on this project. The design calls for pretty complicated enclosures. Having done something similar with a SS stand mounted design( designed by another guru) many years ago, which came out very well, I plan to follow the design faithfully and not try and monkey tricks. The crossover parts were really heavy(14ga Solen PL inductors).

Agree about travelling. This is my second trip to the Caribbean this past year, and it is indeed very pretty. Bacardi has their largest distillery located here-the PR government gave Diageo some huge incentives to locate their plan there-probably similar to what Modi gave the Tatas for the Nano plant!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back