paint recommendation

piyush608

Hello guys
I need advise on gray screen paint for my room cum ht ....
I was having white wash in my apartment so I decided to chip in with false ceiling with concealed 5.1 wire and HDMI cable ....
Now I am; planning to paint one of my wall to be used as screen..
Please suggest which colour should I go for.please be specific
My projector is optoma h180x and I can make my room relatively dark as well.
I got the pop on the wall then sand papered and a coat of primer for now..also suggest wall preparation to get the best result.
I tried to find sherwin Williams pro classic paint given on DIY pjcentral website but couldn't find the same ..so plz suggest which shade should I go for in Asian paints or dulux or any other avbl in India market..
I will be going with dark brown on rest of screen wall..a little less dark brown on other wall..and cream colour on roof.

It would be better if you can provide the room size. Also the colors on other walls. I am using a self made screen with a gray mix paint called "Winter Moon" from Asian paints. And results are excellent for my liking. I am using an Optoma HD131xe for projection.

There is one paint from dulux by the name of super smooth i gues. Go for the pearl white colour and ull be done.

screen goo is best if, budget is not a problem..
for normal wall paint..remember it will eat lumen if not white,if you are confindent about ur projector output lumen..than go for gray..otherwise stick to white
matte/ultra matte..etc type..pure refrence white finding is a pain..try to find it..
surface preparation..plaster of paris is neat..take pro help..

Instead of plaster of paris (POP), go for gypsum plaster, its more affordable and gives much better smoothness and finish than POP. Can be applied directly on the bricks no other plaster(cement based) is required. And then you can get it painted. Painted walls are always better than screen material as it can be repainted after it gets dirty at a very low cost but the screen has to be replaced.

Went with Asian paint winter moon as output lumens of my projector are good. Used matt finish .done my best to keep wall smooth and even..will be installing the equipment today.hoping to get good result.

if you are confident that you can waste some lumen,this gray shade will will give you very nice colours,dont worry.
please post end result

One more question ..
I have placed the projector upside down on a shelf on rear wall..
Shelf is properly leveled using water leveler..same is done with screen..
Still when I placed the PJ on the shelf. there is little adjustment still required
.but as the projector is upside down there are no level screws to do the same..please help how it can be done

One more question ..
I have placed the projector upside down on a shelf on rear wall..
Shelf is properly leveled using water leveler..same is done with screen..
Still when I placed the PJ on the shelf. there is little adjustment still required
.but as the projector is upside down there are no level screws to do the same..please help how it can be done

Why the projector is put upside down? :) You can always place it the normal way and correct the error using the screws. Image can be inverted from the PJ menu.

I think top edge of screen should be in line with projector lense when the projector is mounted or kept on high shelf....or bottom edge should be in line with lense when kept at table top..correct me if I am wrong

Please post pictures of your wall screen...do add a black border, this helps in contrast and light spilling out.

Hi all,

I am still stuck with wall as my projector screen. Day-before-yesterday I tried Asian Paints "Royal Luxury Emulsion", colour=winter moon (colour code 8258); Nothing very exciting, but acceptable picuture. In any case, preferable to many screens available in India.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back