Pana TH-P42X30D switches off after few minutes

raam

Need help from Panasonic plasma TV owners:

After about 9 years, my pana-42X30D started to show signs of withering. It all started with the picture getting noisy along with crackling sound (later identified it is actually noise form the speakers) from the TV and then switches off. After which a red led started blinking. Have called up the pana service people and an engineer has visited the same day ( have to commend their promptness). Initially he thought the speakers are creating a short-circuit ( after counting the number of blinks) due to which the TV is switching off. He disconnected the speakers and when checked the found TV started working properly. But after a certain period it went off. He said that if this behavior persists then the main (mother/ AV board) board might have gone faulty and it seems spares of this model are no more available with Panasonic. As I do not want to part with my pana yet, need help from experienced members here.

Esteemed members of this forum please suggest me on:
1. Can we find some one who can attempt to inspect the board at component level and repair it? ( is it worth?)
2. Any idea about availability of the components for this model?
3. (If it becomes inevitable) A new TV that can comfortably take place of pana-plasma without pinching my pocket to a great extent?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Raam,
I have the same panasonic plasma TH-P42X30D with a standby problem. I am also trying for an alternative board but no success in Bangalore. I am based in Kerala.
If you can PM me your phone no, we can discuss further action that can be done..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back