Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Review

plz help me
i am unable to register
FirmwareInfo.com • User Control Panel • Register

getting following error

The field Panasonic Blu-ray device model name contains invalid data.
The field Panasonic Blu-ray device MAC address contains invalid data.

i have connected BD with wire and got mac address, nd mine is usa model
dmp-bdt220p

Complete device model name: DMP-BDT220P
MAC address for the wired ethernet port: *IN CAPITAL LETTERS*

Thanks

hi I need to buy a 3d blu ray player , I just want to know does panasonic bdt220 supports playback of 3d mkv\dts files through USB

Few issues :

1. I connected my External hard drive to the player and it doesnt recognize it at all. It takes 10-15 tries (insert - take out - insert) to detect.

Why is that ? Is this common ? My old Samsung BD Player used to detect it instantly.

2. Lets say, I have a movie with a sub title file on the hard drive . The movie plays fine , but the subtitle says, NONE or OFF . Why ?
The file already exists with the same title and name as the movie file.

I have found certain files to be in-compatible with this player.

MKV files with DTS-HDMA as the audio codec cannot be played via the USB and can only be played if burned on a Blu-ray disc.

Few issues :

2. Lets say, I have a movie with a sub title file on the hard drive . The movie plays fine , but the subtitle says, NONE or OFF . Why ?
The file already exists with the same title and name as the movie file.

Same problem with me, subtitle support is inconsistent :( for some files it plays, for some it doesn't ( same extension for all the related file types ). wondering why ?:(

For those who:

- want to avoid ordering from Amazon.com (110V/60Hz model)
AND
- not wanting to have the hassle of 230V=>110V adapter
AND
- not very comfortable with making it free via firmware update and the idiosyncrosies associated with that website

THEN

there is another choice...

Order it from TPS - www.tps.uk.com - panasonic - Blu-ray Players -. The model 220EB and its better elder sibling 320B are both listed at 199. This will work out more expensive but at least you are going to have piece of mind.

Please be aware that if the Manufacturer release future firmware updates, and you wish to keep your unit up to date, then we can provide MultiRegion firmware updates for a fee. Do not update the product with UK firmware if you want to use all of the features offered within the MultiRegion Firmware.

For those who:

- want to avoid ordering from Amazon.com (110V/60Hz model)
AND
- not wanting to have the hassle of 230V=>110V adapter
AND
- not very comfortable with making it free via firmware update and the idiosyncrosies associated with that website

THEN

there is another choice...

Order it from TPS - www.tps.uk.com - panasonic - Blu-ray Players -. The model 220EB and its better elder sibling 320B are both listed at 199. This will work out more expensive but at least you are going to have piece of mind.

Weird, its not not listed on Amazon UK as well.
And the one, which is listed says Multi Region DVD playback. :eek:

Ah, so this is not official, and modded ones. Not sure, if iShop ships from UK too. Will ask them. Many of my friends were looking for the same.

But Im facing few problems with the player like subtitles and USB drive :(

iShop ships from UK also. I have a US as well as UK (and India) drop box addresses.

I also confirm that player does not support the subtitles in mkv or at least I haven't figured a way to display them.

iShop ships from UK also. I have a US as well as UK (and India) drop box addresses.

I also confirm that player does not support the subtitles in mkv or at least I haven't figured a way to display them.

Ishop doesnot have operations in UK as of now.

Kix- you must be having a dropbox address of Aramex Shopnship and not Ishop.

BTW, the 199 GBP UK option of moded Pana palyer is costlier than the Toshiba BDX3200 which I think still is available at just over 100 GBP, and does not require any mod, just need a free firmware upgrade to make it region free.

I thought PPOBOX and iShop are two different entities. In any case there is no mention of the UK option at iShop main site. Or am I missing something?

BTW, it is good for someone ordering special item which the opriginal shipper don't deliver directly to India. Else, I think it is not really cheap, considering that you need to pay VAT (20%) and the shipping charges from UK to India plus duties. I think it does not make much economic sense specially in case of the DVD/ BDs/ Books compared to direct shipping.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back