Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Review

@deepaksood, when buying the adapter ensure that you buy the one with the transformer and not the electronic one. The electronic converter will fry the AC to DC converter circuit.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

@deepaksood, when buying the adapter ensure that you buy the one with the transformer and not the electronic one. The electronic converter will fry the AC to DC converter circuit.

Any model no or link to a particular model. Thnx!!

Taking a cue from this thread I got this player from Amazon.uk thr SNS.Player costed 124 pounds ,shipping and customs Rs5.2K.I got the player delivered to me in flat 6 days.Enjoying ,thanks folks.

Thats a great price.. Is there an offer on?

How is that? Have you used their service?
My cost on Amazon was 5500 + shipping 3033 + customs 2067.

Just wondering where they work out cheaper, thanks!!

The breakup is like this

Cost of BDP- 89*55=4895/-
Shipping for 5 lb about 1700/-
Customs = 1500/-

Total 8100/-

Also they I think Ishop gives a Rs 500/- special incentive/ discount for the first purchase (you need to request for a quote and mention that it is first time). I hope the scheme is still on. In that case it 7600/-. Nonetheless you got a good player now think about enjoying it rather than the lost opportunity. ;)

Goodsound,

Please let me know where you got this from? I am based in Vile Parle (E). Will be helpful to get it locally than to get it from abroad..

Ash

Chembur. Right now I don't remember the exact add: Send me PM as reminder.

I agree with you but the additional info is useful if/when I need to bring down any additional stuff and also for other people on the forum who plan to use the same route.
I guess the main difference here is the shipping wherein S&S charged 3033.
Customs duty charged was 2062.

Anyways thanks again!! :)
The breakup is like this

Cost of BDP- 89*55=4895/-
Shipping for 5 lb about 1700/-
Customs = 1500/-

Total 8100/-

Also they I think Ishop gives a Rs 500/- special incentive/ discount for the first purchase (you need to request for a quote and mention that it is first time). I hope the scheme is still on. In that case it 7600/-. Nonetheless you got a good player now think about enjoying it rather than the lost opportunity. ;)

The offbeat region free technique suggested by soamz as ...

1) when region lock message is displayed, press STOP to display BDP default blue screen
2) press "1" and "OK" quickly one after another
3) BD starts playing

This does not work all the time. I tried with "French Kiss" region A and it would not work in spite of numerous (about 20) tries with various types of delays between "1" and "OK". I had to change the region code manually by the standard method before disc stated playing. So basically, it boils down to chance.

Hi All,

I have some video songs (.mp4, .mkv formats) copied into USB. But when I try to play on BDT-220 it plays only one video song, and then displays the list, again I have to select the next song and it plays only single song.

How can I make all the video songs to play without selecting one by one in BDT-220???.

Do I need to convert all video files into DVD or any other movie format. Please help on this.

-ben

Hi All,

I have some video songs (.mp4, .mkv formats) copied into USB. But when I try to play on BDT-220 it plays only one video song, and then displays the list, again I have to select the next song and it plays only single song.

How can I make all the video songs to play without selecting one by one in BDT-220???.

Do I need to convert all video files into DVD or any other movie format. Please help on this.

-ben
I face the problem too. Unfortunately, it seems that is the way it is. It cannot play the whole folder or a playlist. If you find a solution, please do post.

Forgot to add - burning them to CD or DVD (data mode) will not make any difference. It stills plays one file at a time.

Hi JK,

Then the only solution is to combine all the video songs using video joiner and play that single big file.

-ben
Hmmm. That is not an ideal solution. What if you wanted to play the 3rd track or the 10th track? I believe that BDP, while doing a great job of being able to play multiple file formats, is not best suited to play contents from data discs or HDD/USB. That is where a media player excels.

Hmmm. That is not an ideal solution. What if you wanted to play the 3rd track or the 10th track? I believe that BDP, while doing a great job of being able to play multiple file formats, is not best suited to play contents from data discs or HDD/USB. That is where a media player excels.

Yes...True... I guess its a matter of software fix to scan through the files in USB/HDD while playing video songs. I have seen car media players which support video songs, plays all the contents one by one after finishing without manual selection.

Can we raise a fix for this issue in firmware or Panasonic site ?

-ben

I have enquired alomost all panasonic brandshop, they say BDT220 is not available and may be available after April 4 but with revised price(Probabaly more) Where can I get this player in Chennai? What is the price?

I have enquired alomost all panasonic brandshop, they say BDT220 is not available and may be available after April 4 but with revised price(Probabaly more) Where can I get this player in Chennai? What is the price?
Why don't you import via Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk?

Why don't you import via Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk?

I tried to ship but it says : 'We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order'. I dont know what is the problem. Also not willing to buy an adapter for 110 to 220 v converter.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back