Panasonic offering 1+2 years warranty for Televisions

Did you got the extended warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
sales person in panasonic brand shop told me that only plasmas r having 3 yrs warranty.......not LCDs or LEDs........

Hi somantak_g,

All the Panasonic televisions are provided with 3 years warranty. I own Panasonic LCD. I already got the 3 years warranty.

So, don't worry.:)

Just email the customer care using the friend amol template and attach your purchase bill with it. I have given the amol's template here.

Dear Sir/Madam
I have purchaved a Panasonic <PLASMA/LED/TV model no> from <DEALER> on <DATE>. Attached is a copy of the bill.
Could you please register this product and provide me the 3 yr warranty?
Regards,
<YOURNAME>
Mobile : <CONTACT NO>

That's it. Panasonic care personnel very responsive and quick to reply any queries.

If its only for panel then its still OK but obviously getting for the entire TV is well worth it as the video processor is the first one to die in the flat panels. Make sure that is documented well when you receive the warranty.

Also I hope other manuf's start to offer this as well.

Can somebody post a scanned copy of the warranty document here, as there is still a doubt whether the extended 2 year warranty is for whole unit or the panel only.

thanks in advance

As was told by dealer and read, extended warranty is for panel only..which is not bad at all as panel costs 80-90% of set..

The warranty card I got says "3 year warranty" already. Do I need to get extended warranty?

The service guy who came to install (end oct) also told me it was 3 years full warranty.

Three yrs warranty.... That's gr8 but it's on all parts or only Panel.... I got info that 1 on all + 2 on just panel....?

Is it correct.....?

Today emailed them and they asked for soft copy of the bill , i took a picture of it and sent to them.

Theier reply as follows

hopefully i think i should get my warranty card soon. I have also raised the issue for FBr with ST30 , yet to get a reply from them

Have you got your warranty?

I got exactly same reply and wondering what next?

I got a 3 year repair warranty in the plasma box... but has a clause that says "at its sole discretion will repair or replace (defective) parts"

Is this what you guys have got via courier? Or does it say panel replacement specifically? Do I need to email them for the 1+2 warranty?

Here's the reverse of warranty card:
warr.jpg

Last edited:
I got a 3 year repair warranty in the plasma box... but has a clause that says "at its sole discretion will repair or replace (defective) parts"

Is this what you guys have got via courier? Or does it say panel replacement specifically? Do I need to email them for the 1+2 warranty?

Here's the reverse of warranty card:

What warranty duration does this card mention? If its 1 yr you need to email.

About repair/replace - yes panasonic will decide. Panels are replaced for dead/lit pixels because these defects cannot be repaired (AFAIK). Everything else that can be repaired would be repaired and thats the way it is for all warranties.

What warranty duration does this card mention? If its 1 yr you need to email.

About repair/replace - yes panasonic will decide. Panels are replaced for dead/lit pixels because these defects cannot be repaired (AFAIK). Everything else that can be repaired would be repaired and thats the way it is for all warranties.

Warranty duration on the card is 3 years.

@ echo77 - i received my warranty card y'day, but it doesnt look like yours. it seems to be the print-out of online registration (2 pages) document. did you post the image of the 1-yr service warranty card above (which has 3 service coupons attached to it) ?

@ echo77 - i received my warranty card y'day, but it doesnt look like yours. it seems to be the print-out of online registration (2 pages) document. did you post the image of the 1-yr service warranty card above (which has 3 service coupons attached to it) ?

Ditto here, received a printout copy of the online warranty which cites the warranty registration number.

above pic is the warranty that came in the box with installation coupon and 3 service coupons
pl see the pic - it says 3 years warranty.

i better email panasonic to confirm

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back