Panasonic offering 1+2 years warranty for Televisions

Did you got the extended warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
i sent an email last night and got a reply via email confirming the extended warranty and they gave me a registration number which is to be used for future correspondence.

i hope they send me a letter as well.

hope this helps all of you.

above pic is the warranty that came in the box with installation coupon and 3 service coupons
pl see the pic - it says 3 years warranty.

i better email panasonic to confirm

my card says '1 yr service warranty' on the front side. may be i need to re-read the 'terms and conditions' section once more :p

yes you need to email them, because i had received a call from their CC at chennai about a month back, for 'customer feedback' queries, when i was told about the extended warranty card thing. upon emailing, you would simply receive the acknowledgement and your online registration no., and within 2-3 days, your extended warranty documentation. all this would be over in a jiffy !

i sent an email last night and got a reply via email confirming the extended warranty and they gave me a registration number which is to be used for future correspondence.

i hope they send me a letter as well.

hope this helps all of you.

congrats ! and yes, you would receive a letter too via courier pretty soon. they are quick ! :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
I emailed them and they replied back with a product registration number (just like nvk mentioned above). I asked again to clarify about warranty type and period, and they said it will be as per the warranty terms and conditions.

The terms and conditions on my card (in the pic posted earlier) are 3 year repair warranty for the product, with Panasonic service to decide on repair or replacement of parts. So I guess I am good.

They have not mentioned about sending any letter, but I'm going to note down the registration number on the warranty card, which should serve the purpose.

Here's the obverse of my warranty card:
warf.jpg

The terms pic posted earlier is the reverse.

damn ! my card reads '1 yr warranty' at exactly those places where '3 yrs' is shown in your pics. on the back side, where its specifically mentioned PLASMA TV on your card, mine reads LCD TV/CRT TV/PLASMA TV. if you have visited 'VT20 ownership thread', youmust be knowing what confusion panasonic had created with dealers and customers alike with respect to warranty card distribution. i presume am a victim of that same mess, hehe. good that i have my dear 'extended warranty' documents with me now :)

i hope you have taken the dealer-stamp on that warranty card (the pic-one) ?!

damn ! my card reads '1 yr warranty' at exactly those places where '3 yrs' is shown in your pics. on the back side, where its specifically mentioned PLASMA TV on your card, mine reads LCD TV/CRT TV/PLASMA TV. if you have visited 'VT20 ownership thread', youmust be knowing what confusion panasonic had created with dealers and customers alike with respect to warranty card distribution. i presume am a victim of that same mess, hehe. good that i have my dear 'extended warranty' documents with me now :)

i hope you have taken the dealer-stamp on that warranty card (the pic-one) ?!

Mate, I have also got the same card like yours mentioning 1 year warranty in the box. Additionally I was also given another Panasonic warranty card by Croma guys which mentions "Additional warranty of 2 years" over and above the 1 year default so effectively 1+2=3 years warranty.

I had sent the right side copy of the perforation to Panasonic as it was a "Business Reply Envelope" for confirmation of extended (2 years) warranty. However as I didn't get any confirmation from them hence also mailed to the helpdesk and got a pdf copy of confirmation of the extended warranty.

Guess its all on record now........:)

Mate, I have also got the same card like yours mentioning 1 year warranty in the box. Additionally I was also given another Panasonic warranty card by Croma guys which mentions "Additional warranty of 2 years" over and above the 1 year default so effectively 1+2=3 years warranty.

I had sent the right side copy of the perforation to Panasonic as it was a "Business Reply Envelope" for confirmation of extended (2 years) warranty. However as I didn't get any confirmation from them hence also mailed to the helpdesk and got a pdf copy of confirmation of the extended warranty.

Guess its all on record now........:)

so you finally got your copy from croma. even i had asked them to get one for me, but since i got extended warranty documents from panasonic, i didnt check with them. may be i will go now. panasonic CC exec. had once told me to send a copy of that card to them. may be should follow-up now.

I got TH-P42U30S from Panasonic brand shop Jaya nagar, Bangalore last month and I am fully satisfied with the performance till now. I got the one year warranty card with it and the people there told me to come after few days to come and collect the extended warranty card from them. It seems Panasonic people do not send the card directly any more. is it the case? I mailed them also they sent only screen pcapture of my product registration. Also when I bought I forgot to ask one question - usually TH-P42U30D will be sold here but this TH-P42U30S is a Singapore model it seems and it has Singapore plug too I am not sure why they are selling it here.

Anyone got extended warranty recently? How much is it? Should we send mail to customer care to get it? Any offer from panasonic for this new year?

Last edited:
I think you can buy 2-years extended warranty for 8-11K depending on models. Call their customer care and confirm.

Not sure if they're offering anything for New Year. They didn't offer anything on 25th.

Called in a Panasonic showroom today to enquire on their available Plasma range( got contact detail from Panasonic website ) and he had only one Plasma TV model in 50 inch size and himself mentioned that it has 3 year warranty. And its only on the Plasma. LED has 1 yr warranty. Since I am looking for 40-42 inch size on the max side, 50 would be an overkill. Dont clearly remember the price.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back