Panasonic PV8 deal at ezone

Hi all,

I have finally narrowed down to three models.

All the three models are 42 inch PLASMA s

LG PQ30 -- Rs 43,000

Panasonic PV8D --- Rs 48,000

Samsung B430 --- Rs 44,500

I dont think Samsung is great in plasma

I have read a lot of reviews of the above panasonic,
But is it really worth it for the extra 5k when compared to LG ???

I guess LG has a better customer service when compared to
panasonic in my town. Am not in the metros,

Pana PV8D Contrast ratio is 100,000 : 1
LG PQ30 Contrast ratio is 200,000 : 1

Is contrast ratio very important ?

Please help me to take a decision.

Bye,
doubleseven

Hi 77:

Welcome. Nothing comes even closer to Panasonic PV8 with respec to SD (set-top box) viewing. It's great 2008 year model TV, yeah old but it has been inducted to 'classic' range in my book.

Some salient features of PV8:

* Stunning SD PQ.
* Inky blacks.
* Rich colors.
* Sharp edges even for SD.
* Amazing depth in color and picture.
* DVD and upscaled PQ will make your jaw drop to the floor.

The only drawback in PV8 is the sound, its just average. I know nothing about LG plasma, but know about Samsung 450 model or something (plasma), excellent. It's all left to your eyes mate.

[IMO]
:)

Last edited:
while the pv8 was good last year in terms of VFM,this year there are better tvs out there.the other plasmas like LG have improved a lot,both the samsung and LG have superior SD performance,subjetively samsung as better colors.the panasonic PV8/80/x10 no longer have any edge in contrast,the lgs and samsung can give the same black levels and are more efficient.

adder, just adding to what you have mentioned...

Last week i visited the Adishwar showroom near my house, as i know the manager of the store there.

Was surprised when he told me, that the sales of LG plasma has gone up specially the 50" model , he did not have any display piece in store, but he told me, most people who were looking for a bigger LCD set but were not willing to spend so much on the same were going for the 50" LG plasma as it was cheaper and was serving the purpose.

This may be an indicator as to why the sales of LG plasmas are going up.
Maybe it is a VFM product at the given price range

Hi double7,

Not sure if you have a Reliance Digital outlet in Chennai or a Panasonic outlet. They will both agree to a lower than 48K rate for Panasonic PV8D. Bargain a bit and you can get it for anywhere between 40K and 44K.

I hope this helps!

Hi double7,

Not sure if you have a Reliance Digital outlet in Chennai or a Panasonic outlet. They will both agree to a lower than 48K rate for Panasonic PV8D. Bargain a bit and you can get it for anywhere between 40K and 44K.

I hope this helps!

I actually want the plasma in Madurai(500 km from chennai ). I feel that transporting the plasma is not a good idea so tryin to find dealers in madurai.
In madurai we dont have reliance digital outlet so that price of panasonic 42D is at the max 47k .

Is it worth to go for the LG or Samsung model ????

I have a Samsung A410 for few months. I am happy with the way it shows TataSky signal. Samsung might have launched newer models, which might have improved. Check them out with your own eyes before you finalise.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back