Panasonic PV8 deal at ezone

Since no Plasma owners including the pro-plasma fans (madbullram, moserw etc.) have responded to this, is it safe to assume that 'occasionally' burn in of Tata Sky, Big TV etc. logos' is still a possible issue?

I have already answered this query on another thread. Burn in is no longer an issue with the latest generation of plasmas. I have Tata Sky on the PV8 and it works just great and no problems whatsoever even with leaving the TV on when I fall asleep.

Coming to reflection, it's an issue for any screen, CRTs, LCDs, and Plasmas. I've always used thick curtains and also never really open the windows so I have kind of a dark room and also a dust free environment (well not 100%), but it is pretty good with using the vacuum cleaner every once in a while. What I am saying is TV or movie watching should be done in ideally lit or semi-dark rooms. Bright light anyway will reflect from every type of screen. LCDs are the worst. Plasmas when compared to LCDs fare better. Rather than comparing whether Plasmas/LCDs/CRTs are better with reflective screens just get some dark, thick curtains and your problem is solved.

Still to answer your question (hopefully satisfactorily) CRTs do fare better than Plasmas where reflection from the screen is concerned. But the solution is get thick and dark curtains and you're all set for enjoying your new PV8 hopefully...

Well in most of the Sammy's you get burn in protection options, like mine has pixel shift , never faced any burn in issues in the last 2 years of ownership of my Q9.

Since no Plasma owners including the pro-plasma fans (madbullram, moserw etc.) have responded to this, is it safe to assume that 'occasionally' burn in of Tata Sky, Big TV etc. logos' is still a possible issue?

Sorry mate, took a lazy 3 days. Well the brun-in is seen for a negligible time after switching off, but not when swapping channels or anything. Wont be really worried after the 100hrs.

42 too High!!
Try for 40!!!
Welcome to wonderworld of electronic pricing!!

( please check other posts!)

and I was quoted 47K as the lowest prices among EZone, Croma, Adishwar...Adishwar was the lowest at
Adishwar - 47000
Croma - 50500
Ezone - 49800

Looks like I missed an opportunity to buy at a good price :sad:

Cromas Pricing is awful they are never ready to negotiate either. Try the brand showroom at Sony world signal koramangala he quoted 46500 dint even bargain so i thk he would reduce the price further.

Spar also at times gives really good deals

Well talk to Nirajan at Devi international ,he may be able to offer it at the lowest price around 44k after negotiation, u can tell him you are from the forum and the members have directed you to him ...

Actually Adishwar at Outer Ring Road (Marthahalli) was open for negotiation. I called them and they quoted 47K, but later said that they are ready to negotiate but for that they asked me to come down to their store. I was unable to go...got stuck in some other work...

40k is absolute limit, I can't spend anything more on a TV right now. If a couple of us Bangalore members want the pv8 then maybe we can talk to some dealer and try working out a good deal?

Guys,
Would recommend you to get in touch with Nirajan at Devi international, i am sure he will be able to offer a better price than the one you are getting.

u can get in touch with him on 9900341973

Hi,

I went to Devi int. 10 days back. The counter sales man quoted 47 k for pv8. He refused to reduce the price and then I spoke to the Manager, he was willing to give it for 46.5 k. My request to reduce the price still further was turned down.

Did you talk to Nirajan? I have provided his specific no . Please get in touch with him and inform him you are calling from the Forum, as lot of members including myself have bought tv's from him.

Ask him to give you the special price reserved for forum members.

Do update us on the findings.

very bad experience with E zone..buy only if you can take the product along with you when you walk out of the store..
Not just in Bangalore, but across India, E Zone has gained quite a reputation..read more at EZONE - BANGALORE Reviews - MouthShut.com
OR simply do a Google on E Zone

I finally got my set delivered by Unilet the same day of purchase

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back