Panasonic PV8 deal at ezone

Picked one up this Sunday 22nd Feb for 42k.
Was tagged 46k. Offered 42 for the TV and stuck to it.

This was at Vijay Sales in Mumbai.

Picked one up this Sunday 22nd Feb for 42k.
Was tagged 46k. Offered 42 for the TV and stuck to it.

This was at Vijay Sales in Mumbai.
And they still surely made a profit.

Makes me wonder about the margins on these TVs !
Brand shop at Kolkata is selling it for 50K under exchange with 29" TV !

I have checked in Noida ezone , they dont have it even :-( ,

Any one can suggest me where i can approach in Noida or Delhi NCR any specific showroom where i can get reasonable discount .

Thanks for help .

Checked up the price in EZone Koramangala, Bangalore. 42PV8 is 52,990. I asked twice to confirm and I got the same answer :eek:

Checked up the price in EZone Koramangala, Bangalore. 42PV8 is 52,990. I asked twice to confirm and I got the same answer :eek:

52,990 for a PV8 is an atrocious price.
Bought PV80 a month ago for 49,250. How can a older discontinued model be sold more than a newer one.

The ezone people are not reliable at all

Bought PV80 a month ago for 49,250. How can a older discontinued model be sold more than a newer one.

The ezone people are not reliable at all

The import date on the package is Jan09.

How can a older discontinued model be sold more than a newer one.

OT..I disagree with the above quote. PV8 is not a discontinued model, rather it is just a lower version than PV80D.Still in production and most preferred than PV80D

Hi Guys ,

Today i checked again PV8 ,

PV8 @ ezone noida = 48 K ,
when i asked them its at lower prices at kolkata ezone @ 41/42 K ( as per this blog ), he asked to book there and they will get deliver over here.
Is it possible ... ?

At Reliance Digital its @ 45 K under any exchange of TV .

PV8 @ ezone noida = 48 K ,
when i asked them its at lower prices at kolkata ezone @ 41/42 K ( as per this blog )
The 42k price was during the ezone sale during end Jan. That too after bargaining. Marked price was 44.25K.
The same Ezone kolkata now has a marked price of 49.9K.

OT..I disagree with the above quote. PV8 is not a discontinued model, rather it is just a lower version than PV80D.Still in production and most preferred than PV80D

I have been to the panasonic brand shop, the latest series that is launched worldwide is the 800 , full hd models, PY850 is already available locally and 42" full hd version will be available shortly.

Pv8 is a discontinued model and whatever balance stocks are being sold out.

PV80 is a newer model and a revised version of Pv 8.

You will never get a new and latest model at the prices we are getting the Pv8 today. when it was launched new the prices were above 60k

The package and PV8 says 'Made in Singapore'.

I thought it was Made in Japan.

I have been to the panasonic brand shop, the latest series that is launched worldwide is the 800 , full hd models, PY850 is already available locally and 42" full hd version will be available shortly.

You will never get a new and latest model at the prices we are getting the Pv8 today. when it was launched new the prices were above 60k

PV800 is full HD and above 1 Lakh :(

While it's true that the PV8/80 are on their way out, both are 2008 models and were launched together. PV80 is not a revised version. It is also available at low prices - around 5K more than the corresp PV8 price.

While it's true that the PV8/80 are on their way out, both are 2008 models and were launched together. PV80 is not a revised version. It is also available at low prices - around 5K more than the corresp PV8 price.
Absolutely!
PV8 & PV80 were launched at the same time, sometime around April last year i.e. Apr 2008. Both are identical, only difference being a few extra bells & whistles thrown in PV80.
And anyway, what is the point in spending 1 lakh+ on Full HD model, when it makes no difference watching the TV at a distance beyond 6-7 ft?

Absolutely!
And anyway, what is the point in spending 1 lakh+ on Full HD model, when it makes no difference watching the TV at a distance beyond 6-7 ft?

BIG POINT, its called snob value and flaunt value, you can tell people yours Full HD and 90% ignorant ones would be like WOW :D

Agreed and understood that full HD does not make visible difference for the 4o odd inches panels and viewing distance of 6+ feet

But are there other features which are available in Full HD only panels, like motionflow, 100Hz, backlight etc. Basically as the panel becomes more expensive a number of additionals become available and Full HD is one of them, Am I right in this assessment and if yes, then are the other features useful or remain a gimmick.

Best Regards,

Dancccc

Full HD is always the best option. HD Ready comes into the picture only because of the cost factor. I have played the PS3 on a Full HD Sony LCD and I can tell you there is nothing that even comes close to the PQ and I have not even seen a Full HD Plasma except in the showrooms. If its financially viable and affordable then Full HD is the way to go, but only thing is with the way prices are coming down it makes more sense to wait a while.

Full HD is always the best option. HD Ready comes into the picture only because of the cost factor. I have played the PS3 on a Full HD Sony LCD and I can tell you there is nothing that even comes close to the PQ and I have not even seen a Full HD Plasma except in the showrooms. If its financially viable and affordable then Full HD is the way to go, but only thing is with the way prices are coming down it makes more sense to wait a while.

I have extensively played PS3 and XBox in 42 plasma HD Ready and Full HD (both Pana) models. At 9 feet distance, we could not make out any difference in the PQ.

But when we did the same thing in LCD and we sat at 4 feet, we did appreciable difference. Again at 9 feet, not much a difference.

This is plain practical eye view of mine keeping aside all technical jargon :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back