Panel warranty

waris

Hi dear friends,
I am almost decided on Samsung Frame 65 inch TV. however looking at bad experience of other FMs I contacted Samsung Customer care regarding warranty conditions of TV Panel eg . dead pixels, color banding and color bleeding.
Two different executives gave two different answers. First said everything is covered in 2 year panel warranty. The second executive though outright denied any warranty on these defects.He kept on copy pasting below text-

Additional information
Type of service - Repair service carried by Samsung authorized service center engineer at customer's place.
Additional information : Free Installation / Demo (models above 24 inches) applicable within 6 months from purchase date (only once). Warranty applicable from customer purchase date
Accessories (remote, 3D glasses etc) - 12 months exchange warranty

He aksed me to call a number for guidance on next steps. when I said that this doesn't answer my question he closed the chat without my consent.

This is a very fishy behavior on part of Samsung executive. If this is the support before sale ,I wonder what should I expect after sales .

If their service is as bad as it is reported or how they stammer, go for TCL 65", 725 which is fairly well rated and has Dolby Vision and atmos below 80k. Samsung or the big three have only service level mind comfort factor, if it is not there TCL can be bought instead.

To the best of my knowledge, they don't cover DSE (don't even consider it as a defect in the first place)/Light Bleeding (depends) under warranty. Dead Pixel is very rare in LCD though.

Edit:- This thread has a pretty interesting discussion on People's experience with Samsung over DSE.

Last edited:
If their service is as bad as it is reported or how they stammer, go for TCL 65", 725 which is fairly well rated and has Dolby Vision and atmos below 80k. Samsung or the big three have only service level mind comfort factor, if it is not there TCL can be bought instead.
There line up is very confusing. Specwise Frame has 500-600 nits with 5000:1 contrast ratio. C725 is specced at 330nits. That's too low I think.

To the best of my knowledge, they don't cover DSE (don't even consider it as a defect in the first place)/Light Bleeding (depends) under warranty. Dead Pixel is very rare in LCD though.

Edit:- This thread has a pretty interesting discussion on People's experience with Samsung over DSE.

3 times replacement for DSE,how lucky.In india the way customer executive was answering , they may not entertain even one replacement.

There line up is very confusing. Specwise Frame has 500-600 nits with 5000:1 contrast ratio. C725 is specced at 330nits. That's too low I think.
500-600 with no DV and 330 with Dolby Vision? All those are not accurate numbers and QLEDs can't be without brightness. Ofcourse I can't talk for others but I would go for TCL as it also has voice commanding facility. A TV I did not shortlist just because of potential customer service issues later. If the bigger boy Samsung is not going to offer much help in this regards, TCL can be selected maybe for the limited choices available in budget range.

500-600 with no DV and 330 with Dolby Vision? All those are not accurate numbers and QLEDs can't be without brightness. Ofcourse I can't talk for others but I would go for TCL as it also has voice commanding facility. A TV I did not shortlist just because of potential customer service issues later. If the bigger boy Samsung is not going to offer much help in this regards, TCL can be selected maybe for the limited choices available in budget range.
This model is costing 99k on Amazon. It's a 60Hz panel and no local/frame dimming. 330nits is from Vietnam website. TCL US models ,even 6 series are far better. Actually I am not keen on going with local models and focusing on international models that are tested by RTINGS or similar reviewers.

This model is costing 99k on Amazon. It's a 60Hz panel and no local/frame dimming. 330nits is from Vietnam website. TCL US models ,even 6 series are far better. Actually I am not keen on going with local models and focusing on international models that are tested by RTINGS or similar reviewers.
Go for frame 2021 or TCL c825. I have seen c825 myself and It had good display quality with 1000 nits.

whats your budget and typical usage?Last years Frame tv was better.This year its not so great.Dont buy 330nits tv.its pure garbage.you can check MI QLED 75.it will be in the range of frame 65 inch.

Go for frame 2021 or TCL c825. I have seen c825 myself and It had good display quality with 1000 nits.
whats your budget and typical usage?Last years Frame tv was better.This year its not so great.Dont buy 330nits tv.its pure garbage.you can check MI QLED 75.it will be in the range of frame 65 inch
@vikrantxtrad For the price of TCL C825 Sony x9000h is also available. My budget is 1 lac . I was pushing it to get frame 65. But 1.5 lacs I am not too sure off.
@Rane-2020 I am looking for the TV to last alteast 5-7 years. Will MI TV be reliable?

I would suggest you to stay away from TCL unless the specific model you plan to buy has decent level of brightness. I own/owned TVs from several brands, TCL is the worst among them. The brightness level is horribly low (~300nits). You may not notice it while watching SDR content but any HDR content is like watching a blank screen. The whole HDR/HDR10/DV support by TCL is a sham.

The Q1 is many light years ahead of TCL in the brightness game.

@vikrantxtrad For the price of TCL C825 Sony x9000h is also available. My budget is 1 lac . I was pushing it to get frame 65. But 1.5 lacs I am not too sure off.
@Rane-2020 I am looking for the TV to last alteast 5-7 years. Will MI TV be reliable?
x900h is also great TV. Better than Frame and TCl imo. If you are ok with 65, then go for Sony. I bought MI QLED 75 for vfm it provides, better pq and brightness than even x900h.
Can't comment on reliability, only time will tell.

Sony 9000h in Tata cliq is full of discounts and offers. You could save big by opting for emi and pre-closing that to reduce a big chunk of margin money. Many forumers know how to do that. Sony 9000h being FALD without wide angle filter is sheer contrast beauty.

x900h is also great TV. Better than Frame and TCl imo. If you are ok with 65, then go for Sony. I bought MI QLED 75 for vfm it provides, better pq and brightness than even x900h.
Can't comment on reliability, only time will tell.
I have Denon x2400 with ARC ,HDR10 and DV. Will there be any compatibility issues .
Will the MI TV pass atmos signal via ARC. Also if I use Firestick as a source on AVR Will the TV be able to get DV,HDR10 signals.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back