Philips 5996 - Region Error

psychotropic

there's something wrong with my Philips DVD player, on some discs it shows a region error.....these are all region coded for India, original DVDs bought or rented from bigflix.....it's damn irritating, anyone experienced this problem before? any workarounds or solutions?

there's something wrong with my Philips DVD player, on some discs it shows a region error.....these are all region coded for India, original DVDs bought or rented from bigflix.....it's damn irritating, anyone experienced this problem before? any workarounds or solutions?

hello !!! Not all DVDs from bigflix are regiod coded for India. I have seen quite a few DVDs in NTSC region 1, 3, 2 etc and I have been using the service for a little over 2 months now. I use a HTPC so - everything plays unless the disc is scratched beyond repair. Sometimes the old paste thing does not work too.

okay but one of them is an Indian DVD of Unbreakable that used to work perfectly on my Sony NS708, actually the SOny NS708 has never refused to play ANY disc.....this Philips has already done that with 3....

hello !!! Not all DVDs from bigflix are regiod coded for India. I have seen quite a few DVDs in NTSC region 1, 3, 2 etc and I have been using the service for a little over 2 months now. I use a HTPC so - everything plays unless the disc is scratched beyond repair. Sometimes the old paste thing does not work too.

The Philips 5996 sold in India is with the wrong region code. I'd bought mine from Ezone and they made it region free for me when I discovered it didnt play Indian discs. Its a straightforward process.

okay but one of them is an Indian DVD of Unbreakable that used to work perfectly on my Sony NS708, actually the SOny NS708 has never refused to play ANY disc.....this Philips has already done that with 3....

bhai just ask the place where you got it from, for the code for region hack....or google it. It will play 99% of disks (region coding wont matter)

known issue
just oogle it -you'll find a remote hack....
same issue my bro had and a friend ....and sorted!!

hey jai, did you have to take it back to e-zone?

The Philips 5996 sold in India is with the wrong region code. I'd bought mine from Ezone and they made it region free for me when I discovered it didnt play Indian discs. Its a straightforward process.

I took it back to them because the shop is practically next to my house. In retrospect, the problem could've been dealt with on the phone as well.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back