Phone with high reliability and long battery life/ talk time

anm

My Blackberry is dead. Need a new phone. I thought a lot about what I need, and it seems all I need is phone and sms. Everything else is not that important.
Any phone that can last 2-3 days without a recharge, looks good and has a decent camera, has very good reception, doesn't drop calls, and can last 3 years? It may be a smartphone but that is not the must.
What happened to all the good phones?

Look at the extreme budget range from SAMSUNG ... possess one, as my one and only ... make/receive calls ... send/receive SMSes .... hardly take any pics .. think the model is Samsung Duos, not sure as nothing written.

Battery last for 4 days with light calls ...... otherwise huuuuuuuuge talk-time. Don't even carry the charger on 3 day trips.

Last edited:
Smartphones are resource hungry and not smarter in that area. Nokia sets, though not my cup of tea, especially e71 may serve you well

Sent from LG 2x

Stick to Blackberry if you want good battery life. Any touch screen phone will last only for max one and half a day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I gave up trying to find a smartphone with a properly sized battery. You have two options.

1. Buy an over-sized battery and a new back with a lump in it to hold the battery.

2. Buy two additional OEM batteries and a car charger. Carting about the two additional batteries assures you will always have a stiff battery with you. There is an operating system penalty because you need to turn the phone off then on again. You cannot leave the phone on a charger to swap batteries. (this is my choice)

I doubt you will find a durable phone to last three years. The industry moves forward too quickly, so most people change every year. The manufacturers calculate MTBF to be little more than that. Handsets like the Apple only cost about US$ 50 to produce, so selling you a new one is good profits for them.

Do people look at the SAR when buying a cell phone. Its a number that indicates how much your brain gets fried by the radiation that the cell generates:).

Whopping 2300mAH in Iball : claimed 18Hour talktime (normal cells have 4-5hours)
600Hours backup on standby : 25 days on one charge !...hmm i hope 15day will awesomely good

Long-B261 Shaan : iBallmobiles

funny innovations
OLive AAA cell phone ..... if u travel to remote places :) ..u can pop in AAA battery any time
Olive's AAA-battery powered mobile phone launched with Airtel < Mobile Phones < PC World India News < PC World.in

Most of those are not stylish ............
if you wanna keep smart cell phone keep USB power bank for charge on the move : like iOCTOPUS 3200mAh mini USB power bank for iphone Black berry/HTC/Sony Ericsson/Samsung//Nokia/PSP/GPS/Smart phone products, buy iOCTOPUS 3200mAh mini USB power bank for iphone Black berry/HTC/Sony Ericsson/Samsung//Nokia/PSP/GPS/Smart phone products f

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back