Picture freeze/blackout on AIRTEL HD

jimmy_tulip

I am facing frequent picture freeze and backout on my AIRTEL HD connection. My connection is new one (1 month) and per service guys, its pointing to new satelite.
Sometimes it lasts upto 5 min.

I will eventually call the customer care guys, but need some information on what is the reason for the same.

The customer care guys are really dumb, so need to do some research first.
I had called them few times for similiar problem, and they always say that it is not the problem with AIRTEL , but its the transmission from the parent channel company.

I dont believe them as SetMax and StarWorld (and many other), face the same problem and as far as I know, they belong to differnt company.

Hi Jimmy,

can u provide your setup details ? (TV, connection, cables used) etc...

TV: LG 42" LE 5300
Connection from Dish (Common for entire building - approx 20 connections) to STB : by Normal coaxial cable (standard used for Airtel connnections)
STB to TV : HDMI cable provided by Airtel

Check if this issue happens when you play DVD on your TV with DVD player. If that plays well then Its for sure something wrong with the Airtel set top box. Probably your set top box is a defective one. Ask them to replace it with a new one.

If in the new one also you see the issue then they need to fix this issue in their firmware.

Check if this issue happens when you play DVD on your TV with DVD player. If that plays well then Its for sure something wrong with the Airtel set top box. Probably your set top box is a defective one. Ask them to replace it with a new one.

If in the new one also you see the issue then they need to fix this issue in their firmware.

DVD player runs fine, USB drive runs fine, not only that few other channels also work fine.

"Few other channels works fine"
You mean to say you are only seeing this issue with some channels in AIRTEL HD and some channels work fine ?

If that is the case then its for sure issue with AIRTEL HD.

Now since DVD player works fine, you dont have to wait for anything, raise a query/case in Customer care, tell them specifically that you are not seeing this blackout issue with your DVD player. Then they will get clear picture that the issue with their set top box only.

What is the number you are seeing on signal strength option? Is it above 180 and moving up.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back