Pioneer 428XG vs Panasonic TH-42PV7

nitingoyal

Pioneer 428XG vs Panasonic TH-42PV80

Hi

price of pioneer 428XG is almost double that of panasonic TH-42PV7.
most of my viewing is is tata sky ,no games no dvd's nor any blue-ray's.
so will it be worth to spend that much extra on pioneer plasma

Last edited:
Nitin

Buddy

You are comparing one Best Quality Product
And one, one among the Top Quality VFM product...

So the answer in that sense is not possible at all...

Yes but, if only Tata Sky is considered here...then its not useful for next 2-3 years to invest in Pioneer...
And even Panasonic - 42PV70H...has 1080p...

As per the news, Tata Sky is planning some Digi Box, with Full HD PQ...
so lets hope for the best...

Anyways, Nitin you have mentioned, 42PV7H, did you mean 42PV70H...

Buddy, 42PV7H is not good in quality...there is hardly a difference of 5-6K between both...but quality wise both have lot of difference...

I prefer you to go in for TH-42PV70H...or if you can invest a bit more than go in for TH-42PV700H, the first Full HD model in 42" Plasma in India...

hi Mridul

I thought the only difference between 42PV7H and 42PV70H is the number of HDMI inputs, as 42PV7H has 1 HDMI and 42PV70H has 2 HDMI inputs. what else is the dofference between these 2 models?

hi Mridul

I thought the only difference between 42PV7H and 42PV70H is the number of HDMI inputs, as 42PV7H has 1 HDMI and 42PV70H has 2 HDMI inputs. what else is the dofference between these 2 models?

Bro

for one HDMI Input no one will have two models...of same size...

Basically thats there Corporate Model...
They have pretty good margin in that...so its easy for them to push in corporate market...

Compare both of them simultaneously (i hope the spelling is right...???)
then you will come to know...

what is the difference between these two models.
compareindia shows HDMI as the only difference

• The 42PV70 has a 15-pin D-sub "PC Input" whereas PV7 does not.
  • PV70 has 15,000:1 contrast ratio, PV7 , only 8,000:1
  • 2 HDMI Vs 1 HDMI
  • 3x component in vs. 1x component in.

In my opinion though, it's better you wait for the new 2008 PV80 series launching shortly in India. They have much better specs, features and connectivity like 3x HDMI 1.3a, G11 display panel, improved contrast ratio, 24fps playback to name a few.

So Nitin which one did you finally go for ?
I agree while the Pioneer is twice the cost of the Panasonic it really is miles better. My heart too is set on the Pioneer ! Have to find a way to stretch the budget.

I am getting the Panasonic 42 TH PV80 for Rs 60-65k and the Pioneer 428 XG for Rs105 k.
what do you advise ?

Sanjit

i bought pioneer...but there is a problem with pioneer plasmas, fast scrolling text (cnbc, ndtv profit) is not clear at all.

The Pioneer is in a completely difference performance class compared to the Panasonics... be it black levels, calibration options, post processing of both HD/SD content. Essentially you get what you pay for. I intend to get the Pioneer shortly. Its one brilliant TV.

Nitin,
That's the first time I have heard anything negative on the Pioneer 428XG. I did not notice this problem when I viewed a demo of Tata sky feed in the store. I will check out again. But is it something to do with the settings ?
By the way how much did you buy it for ? I have had some doubts about after sales service, especially as I have heard that Pioneer India does not support the sales & service of TVs - they only officially do the car audio equipment. The service on the plasma is offered by the importers / dealer.
Any views on this.
I am hoping the prices on this set will drop. i checked prices in Singapore last week where it was still SGD 3,000 (approx Rs 90k)

sanjit

Hi Sanjit

I also found out this problem (on Tata Sky) only after buying the set. when asked, I was told that this problem was worse in 7 series kuros. but still there is some problem left in 8 series. buy panasonic does not have any such problem.
which dealer are you talking to ...

Hi Nitin,

For the Panasonic I have checked with the Pansonic Brand shops in Delhi, who have the best deals. For the Pioneer, I have so far checked with Rhythm Corner, South Ex and a couple of shops in Khan Market.
Still feel the Pioneer 428 is better. Anyway, I think I will wait till the Times AV Expo to be held between 5 to 7 Sep and then decide.

Sanjit

that sounds very strange...plasmas are generally a lot better at tracking motion including scrolling text....my samsung does a good job with the tickers on the news channels.....do play around with your settings.....i'm sure this can be rectified....

i bought pioneer...but there is a problem with pioneer plasmas, fast scrolling text (cnbc, ndtv profit) is not clear at all.

Finally, made the decision ! Should be getting the Pioneer PDP 428 XG. Will give a feedback once done. Shall also upgrade the DVD player to the Pioneer DV610. Total cost incl DVD player is Rs 103K.
Plan to use these with my existing AV reciever - Yamaha RXV530 and my old set of 5.1 Telome speakers that have done reasonably good service for the last 5 years. Should work - if not, then shall look at a Denon AVR 1909 or the Onkyo TX-SR606 and speakers - dunno as yet. Any advise ?

Sanjit

Sanjit
Before you jump in and purchase the Pioneer,

Try and audition the Panasonic PV8 once , reviews state that at it's current price, it's an excellent buy,

once u audition the same , you will have more clarity in making the purchase,

It is costing around 60k currently:)

Hi, you need to change the setting by going into home menu and under the options select drive mode as 2. the drive mode option is after the video patter.

My name is suresh and i am the distributor for pioneer in s.india. Contact 080-41529090

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back