Pioneer BDP-180

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fm's Did anyone Try Playing Video Song Specifically MKV in BDP 180 ? Is that working fine?
:-( Its not working in my Player, Though the Films with MKV Format are playing Ok.

Hi, is this a region free player ? If not, can it be converted ?

There was an option discussed some time back on the forum which was suitable for Panasonic players though it was not a very simple process. See if you can find it. I remember FM just4kix posting about it.

Fm's Did anyone Try Playing Video Song Specifically MKV in BDP 180 ? Is that working fine?
:-( Its not working in my Player, Though the Films with MKV Format are playing Ok.

I don't think it should be a question of song or film. Your MKV song video maybe encoded in certain format/ version which may not be playable in Pioneer.
But certain other media players maybe able to play the same.

I have come across some MKV films which do not play in my BDP-450 but plays well in old NMT player...

Awfully slow indeed! My decade old Sony DVP-NS50P responds 4 times faster.

Remote is very average and also to play MP3 or USB one need to turn on the TV. I have connected it as HDMI-CEC so auto starts TV when CD/USB is interested

Remote is very average and also to play MP3 or USB one need to turn on the TV. I have connected it as HDMI-CEC so auto starts TV when CD/USB is interested

I agree. The problem is with the time-lag coupled with poor usability when it comes to playing media from USB.

I have actually connected RCA audio and HDMi ports to my AVR, but HDMi takes precedence everytime I turn on the device. And yes, the TV and AVR turn on and off, when I power on the BDP.

I found the the HDMi cable bundled with the player to be of very inferior quality! Guess this must be the case with all?!

On a positive note, Blu Ray movies sound awesome, although I only have 2 speakers paired with my Onkyo 608.

What about the operation noise while watching a BluRay movie, during silent scenes?
I'm looking for a particularly silent device.

(I'm not talking about the noise during the initial spin-up of the disk)

Thanks!

The BDP Seems, Is not much sensitive operation wise by the Quality of Audio and video is good.

Upscalling is really awesome and the Movies are treat (Stero-Set up Only)

Anyone knows How to Disable Audio in HDMI ?There is an option in the Initial setup menu but seems its grayed Out :-(

Hi!

The Pioneer BDP-180 Blu-ray player is not region free and it is meaningless to go for conversion as the warranty of the product will be void.

All the Blu-ray discs sold commercially whether manufactured in India or outside are made compatible with all the regions as they are not only sold locally but also in international market. Only few Blu-ray or DVD discs which are made for regional use and don't have international market maybe made for that particular region only where it is going to get sold.

Regards,
S-GRID The Tech Hub.

Hello Jignesh,

Is the player that you are selling on amazon is region B or region C. Can you offer any discount?

I recently got the Pioneer BDP-180 from htstore (htstore.in) in Bangalore for 14.5k. I surely didn't like the remote & also the fact that it takes annoyingly long time to power on till you can actually start playing a disc. Other than that, I found it to be a great player especially for DVDs & BDs.

Now that Netflix is available in India, I'd be very curious to try their streaming services. Since Pioneer has done away with Netflix app since the BDP-160, I guess the only option is to play it on my mobile and mirror the screen using Miracast.

Any other ideas??

Hello Everyone,

Today I got the pioneer BDP-180 from Amazon.My primary purpose for buying this was listening to music.
I connected it to my Sony 48 inches led and Norge 1000
amp (by disabling Audio out from HDMI.)

Here are my initial impressions.

PROS
1.The Audio quality is good.I could listen to new sounds and clarity of sound improved compared to listening through Audio out from my TV or from my Sony DVD player.
2.picture quality is good especially upscaling.
3.Network connectivity options are good.Now I can listen to YouTube music without turning on my TV, by controlling through mobile.Of course there is no Netflix.

CONS
1.The build quality is average.

2.You need some patience to use remote
3.The user interface could have been better.

But overall I am highly satisfied with this player,as I bought it with full knowledge of its shortcomings in advance.

If you are buying this for music as I did,then I highly recommend this.Specially If you don't want to go for high end DAC s or CD players. You won't be disappointed.

A few updates:

Installed the iControl app on my mobile and it worked like a charm. In fact, the response was better than with the remote controller. :clapping:

Tried to stream a offlined YouTube video over Direct WiFi, but that did not work as my Moto X was connected to the BDP and hence the offlined videos did not show up. :eek:

The one place the BDP gets stuck consistently is when checking for updates, the only solution being a hard power off & on. Hopefully, Pioneer delivers an upgrade to the firmware & software in the near future (including Netflix, if that isn't hoping for too much)

A few updates:

Installed the iControl app on my mobile and it worked like a charm. In fact, the response was better than with the remote controller. :clapping:

May I ask you which app you are referring to here ?
& what all it can control ?

Icontroll app can be used to control Pioneer BDP, Receiver etc, its available in google play store and other majors as well

For iOS also there are many apps available from pioneer and all does the basic functions smoothly for my BDP450. I tried 3 or 4 apps and presently using icontrolav5 by Pioneer whereas there are many more like icontrolapp, icontrolav, icontrolav2, icontrolav2012, icontrolav2013. List of all compatiable BDP, AVR and other equipment model numbers are provided in the apps details itself. Pls check your model number before downloading the apps.

When I say basic functions for my BDP450, all the following are included apart from usual play,stop, pause,forward ,fast forward, backward etc..

power off, Home, Audio, subtitle, display, top menu, pop up/menu, home , return and Up- down-right-left direction touch sensors are available.

SOO COOL THAN THE PHYSICAL REMOTE ( need for power on)

Rgds

Hi BDP-180 Users,

As mentioned earlier I am very much interested in this player. Can you people please share the review how the DVDs up-scaling in this and also other features of this player?

In Bengaluru it's quiet difficult to get this player so, if you people can share the dealers details of your cities it will be very helpful.

Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back