Pioneer HTP 33 with vsx 322k?

gauthamnaidu

Hello I went out buying a pioneer HTP 33..the unit consisted of a vsx 322 amp along with rs 33tb speakers and rs 33sw.. I have the following questions.. Someone who's aware could help me..

1. The vsx 32 has been supplied saying that's what comes with rs 33..but after a little bit research I found that vsx 33 has to be supplied.. Is that true..

2. Also in the vsx 32 the online manual Pdf says 4 hdmi in and one out.. The model delivered has only two hdmi in.. Is that right.. I stay in India and the model has some other language.. (el sonido del trueno) should I send it back?

3. Should I opt for vsx 33 Over 32?

4. I have a Samsung 51 inch 3d plasma.. Will I have a problem if I connect my 3d bluray to the amp.. As in will I get a proper full hd 3d picture without any problem.. I read in a few problems regarding 3d rendering using the pioneer amp. Both vsx 32 and 33 support 3d..

5. I'm new here and to the home theater network.. Pls don't intimidate me with hitech jargon.. I'm a poor dentist.. I won't understand them.. Thanks in advance :)

Hi Gautham. I recently have returned back to Bengaluru, and I too am intrested in buying Pioneer HTP RS 32/ 33/ 42. From where did you buy yours and at which price?

Hello.. I bought it at reliance digital.. Which one are u looking for.. I paid 37k for a rs 33 along with a 3d bluray from Samsung.. Mainly because I had done a lot other purchases and was in good terms with the store manager.. Check your luck..

Finally got the Vsx 323 with the RS 33.. Pretty happy...Im new to the setup..if anyone in coimbatore is aware of how to do it..please help me... im trying to fiddle with it and get a decent sound for all setups... but with a little guidance it could be a timesaver...

Finally got the Vsx 323 with the RS 33.. Pretty happy...Im new to the setup..if anyone in coimbatore is aware of how to do it..please help me... im trying to fiddle with it and get a decent sound for all setups... but with a little guidance it could be a timesaver...

Congrats on your purchase....wait for some forum members who own the Pioneer AVR to give you guidance...

Thanks elangoas... Waiting waiting... :)

What have you tried tweaking in your AVR so far?

Few things that i do when i get the any AVR is...

Speaker settings - Large (Or) Small, crossover to subwoofer, speaker settings in db with a range of usually -10db to +10db...

Then you may have standby function, HDMI passthru fuction, HDMI-CEC setting...

Ofcourse the autoclibaration of speakers if you need them..

I havent heard of any of these.. Cross over? :-(

No worries...Google it & you will get many results...See if you can understand, else we are here to help you :thumbsup:

Crossover is a setting in every AVR that interferes in a Frequency response (20Hz - 20Khz) of a speaker..

If your speaker can handle Freq as low as 40Hz (Read the mnual/specifications) then it is said to be LARGE...

If your speakers can't handle Freq <100Hz, then it is said to be SMALL.

In the case above, you would set the crossover settings in your AVR as 100Hz... So that AVR routes all the freq < 100Hz to subwoofer (.1)

No worries...Google it & you will get many results...See if you can understand, else we are here to help you :thumbsup:

Crossover is a setting in every AVR that interferes in a Frequency response (20Hz - 20Khz) of a speaker..

If your speaker can handle Freq as low as 40Hz (Read the mnual/specifications) then it is said to be LARGE...

If your speakers can't handle Freq <100Hz, then it is said to be SMALL.

In the case above, you would set the crossover settings in your AVR as 100Hz... So that AVR routes all the freq < 100Hz to subwoofer (.1)

It's a humble setup... And it's my living room.. I have those two plain walls behind the chairs where I watch from.. Is it bad? Sound reflection? And I'm planning to buy recliners soon.. Will that change the sound if it tweak the speaker positioning now..

It's a humble setup... And it's my living room.. I have those two plain walls behind the chairs where I watch from.. Is it bad? Sound reflection? And I'm planning to buy recliners soon.. Will that change the sound if it tweak the speaker positioning now..

Nice & clean setup...:thumbsup: You done a good Job. :clapping:

Try to move the FS a lil close to each other & toe in.. so it will be slightly angled @ your listening position...

Move the surround speakers a little behind from where it is (towards the door)... You are done...

Am not that knowledgeable in terms of room acoustics...Other FM could chip in here for help...

Using a carpet in a good size hall should improve sound...

But don't worry abt reflections.... Juz enjoy your movie :eek:hyeah:

Thanks a lot.. Are you from Coimbatore? I will do the said changes.. Went to pick up a carpet.. Don't find a nice one.. Will pick up soon.. Any idea how costly are the optical to a link cables.. For 2 metres.. I saw one in reliance digital in fun mall for 800..Band ridge... Is it good?

Thanks a lot.. Are you from Coimbatore? I will do the said changes.. Went to pick up a carpet.. Don't find a nice one.. Will pick up soon.. Any idea how costly are the optical to a link cables.. For 2 metres.. I saw one in reliance digital in fun mall for 800..Band ridge... Is it good?

I am from Tiruvallur (45 Kms away from Chennai)...Try the speaker placement & see if you can find improvement.....

Am sorry didn't understand Optical to a link cables.. Did you mean Digital Optical cable ?

The standard length that you get from any brand is 1.5 meters... I haven't used a bandridge cables so far...I use MX cables (they cost me 400Rs in chennai)...

I am from Tiruvallur (45 Kms away from Chennai)...Try the speaker placement & see if you can find improvement.....

Am sorry didn't understand Optical to a link cables.. Did you mean Digital Optical cable ?

The standard length that you get from any brand is 1.5 meters... I haven't used a bandridge cables so far...I use MX cables (they cost me 400Rs in chennai)...

Sorry.. It was toslink.. Digital optical audio out.. Phone auto correct... Thanks man... :)

Ok... Why are you using Optical connection cable ?

I think your AVR & TV should have HDMI with ARC (Auto Return Channel)... That should do...

No boss.. The new Samsung Plasma came with only optical output.. No 3.5mm or stereo out.. The reason I'm looking for using the tv out is.. When u play a movie on the Usb in tv.. I won't get an output in the amp since no output is connected.. And most importantly.. My wife doesn't want to do all this.. So i need to connect the stb directly to the tv so she can use the tv with its sound.. Instead of switching the amp on.. Ippadi sila Pala prachanaigal... :-D

No boss.. The new Samsung Plasma came with only optical output.. No 3.5mm or stereo out.. The reason I'm looking for using the tv out is.. When u play a movie on the Usb in tv.. I won't get an output in the amp since no output is connected.. And most importantly.. My wife doesn't want to do all this.. So i need to connect the stb directly to the tv so she can use the tv with its sound.. Instead of switching the amp on.. Ippadi sila Pala prachanaigal... :-D

Ok... Understand your limitations..

Ok... Understand your limitations..

7u9epura.jpg
yjaza2a5.jpg

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back