Pixel on bluray

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

So I can't understand why the blu ray disc I used,brand new, has a pixelated video. My downloaded movies I play off my HDD look better on the tv than this blu ray. I got it off amazon. Is it because I have a cheap 5k Philips BDP? Or some settings I'm missing? I have a Videocon 55" tv and the resolution is set to auto by default.

Thanks. Would appreciate any help.

It was an old Cameron Diaz movie from early 2000 I think.

I thought all blu rays were the same :-( bought it off amazon.

It was an old Cameron Diaz movie from early 2000 I think.

I thought all blu rays were the same :-( bought it off amazon.

A simple case of a non bluray movie in bluray format on a bluray disk. Very common with old movies. Try a newer movie which had an original bluray released. Benchmark disks to be had in my opinion opinion are Avatar and MadMax.

MaSh

Oh really mash?? Is that possible? I'll try with some newer blu ray again in a couple of days,out of Mumbai now.

Thanks quixand,I'll post details as soon as I'm back in Mumbai.

96839e105a7131e45d9d5c757478878b.jpg

The player is a philips BDP2190 player, costs about 5k.

Can you share us a snapshot of the TV screen with the bluray played on it?
We cant simply blame the cds and players all the time...

I haven't checked the other ones I got from Amazon, I'll probably do so tomorrow, but I know for a fact that the movies I play off my USB, downloaded ones, are of way better quality than this blu ray.

In fact even my 100 rupee blu ray rip discs are better than this.

BTW, what is hdmi pass through? Anything to do with the video quality? And people suggest that the avr shud do the work video and audio.... How can I check that in my settings?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

You should first check other BluRay discs. Other sources are working fine so it is most likely an issue with a setting on the BD player.

Ideally you want to Bitstream everything to your AVR.

Also I can't find any BluRay (video) reviews of that movie on BluRay.com which is very weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally even original bluray discs have slighter pixels visible on the tv screen which will be hidden if you use projector...But in TV, it will be visible only if you watch in closer distance. And this happens only on original bluray discs with MKV formats.

So as people mentioned try playing different bluray discs and test it again.

I haven't checked the other ones I got from Amazon, I'll probably do so tomorrow, but I know for a fact that the movies I play off my USB, downloaded ones, are of way better quality than this blu ray.

In fact even my 100 rupee blu ray rip discs are better than this.

BTW, what is hdmi pass through? Anything to do with the video quality? And people suggest that the avr shud do the work video and audio.... How can I check that in my settings?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Standby pass through is the capability of the receiver to pass on video and audio signal as is to the display when in stand by mode. Has nothing to do with quality of either video or audio. And yes, all sources should be configured to bit stream all signals to the receiver for processing /decoding, unless and until your source is a better processor than the receiver. In your case, you should bit stream to receiver.

MaSh

I can't find an option on bitstream on the AVR neither the BDP......

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back