PJ Lamp life (Hours):Where have u reached?

mandeep

I just want to know the amount of hours put on projectors owned by members here?

Has anyone surpassed the expected lifespan.

I have 280 hours on my projector Optoma HD70 DLP. Its rated 3000 hours on eco mode & 2000 on non eco mode. Has anyone gone past the rated life(hours).

Kindly post the settings you use:-
I have:
contrast at 70%
brightness at 50%
Image AI : off
Brilliant colour :9

Does using high brightness in eco mode affect lamp life and using high brightness setting on DVD player and low brightness on PJ increase lamp life.

My PJ is ceiling mounted, do you put any dust cover on it, while its not in use.Is there any need for a dust cover?

Do we have some sort of grey market (for low cost) PJ replacement lamps here in india?

i have the HD65 ceiling mounted ,my settings are quiet similar to yours, its abt 200hrs old in 2 yrs so i suppose @ approx 100hrs/year and estimated lamp life of 2000 its a long way to go if taken care of well (while turning off)

my older PJ Toshiba(TLP 50) had done 1400Hr in abt 6 yrs of usage without an issue and its still working fine with my friend @ 1600hrs
only issue with toshiba was it being LCD the filter needs to be cleaned regularly @ 50-60 hrs otherwise image of dust collection wud appear on the screen and image wud degrade

Ours being DLP i guess its service free

is there a high brightness setting in Eco mode , i have set it in standard in eco mode .
abt second question i doubt it increases lamp life
if the PJ is in a dedicated dust free zone and used reularly i dont cover the PJ but do clean the top sometimes and cover the PJ if its not going to be used for sometime.

regarding bulbs its cheaper to source from US thro any frnd returning

Last edited:
On my Panasonic Pt AE 1000 I have done close to 700 hours in 2 years, I am using my Pj in Eco mode with Normal mode settings and further tweaking in Brightness and Contrast settings. I usually close the lens with the supplied cover after watching a movie.
About the replacement lamps its better that you source it from US and ask a friend or relative to bring it with him or her otherwise you buy it locally in India itself as its not recommended to get it via mail due to the damage factor.

i have the HD65 ceiling mounted ,my settings are quiet similar to yours

Have you calibrated the PJ , i am having trouble setting the values for RGB GAIN AND BAIS.

avsforum guys recommend low values for brilliant color (not more than 3) ans say truvivid should be at zero for HD70.

just crossed 1500 Hrs. on Panasonic AX200U in 2yrs.

Never on Ecomode in view of flicker problem reported by some users. No problems to-date.

gvr

My PJ (Poor Joke) lamp is always shining :eek:hyeah:!! It never runs out, and the colours are ahem (pardon me if I sound boastful) .. always brilliant! :rolleyes::)

Cheers

Last edited:
OT: Mandeep bhai, how has your HT come up? Do update us on that thread you started. Tried calling you. Has your number changed?

benq 511+MP on eco mode, 260 hrs. in 18 mths +
all settings standard.
for a not so filthy rich guy like me, the best way to get the best out of my flame thrower is to use really good source material. cant go on buying every dvd/blu ray(anyone does that???) and libraries contain all kinda qualities in stock.
i usually watch latest flicks in theater and use the pj for classics and eccentric stuffs.
that said, what i use for screen is a brand new flex base that was totally blacked out on the reverse side.
gives great pics and costed me 400 rs for 7*10 feet sizer.;)

Last edited:
OT: Mandeep bhai, how has your HT come up? Do update us on that thread you started. Tried calling you. Has your number changed?

hello bro' santhol2

Yes, i have changed my mobile number recently, sorry for the inconvenience.

I have finished by HT room construction (conversion should be more appropriate). Its a tough job to do, but i am glad its over now.

There are a few minor issues left though,will post the pics soon & would like to have valuable inputs to resolve those minor issues.

I have kept the projector at standard settings, as i would not care to go for the economical mode etc because for me that penny saving is not worth it. I will rather save my projector bulb life in a better way by putting the projector off when there is some other work to catch up with, i have seen cases where people keep the projector on, even while they have stopped the movie for some reasons.

It is very true that one can not keep buying movies at the drop of a hat especially if one watches a lot of movies, one can talk about the great quality of blue ray but the downloaded files of above 4gb 720p are also very good and in my case a library just does not work as i refuse to be time bound in watching the movie while if there are faults with the movie quality then i have had it and then what happens when suddenly i need a movie?

In my case i would never go to a theatre when i have spent so much money in making my own theatre, it is just that i will require patience till the movie is out and these days it is out within 2 months while earlier the wait was way above 4 months.

V.

benq 511+MP on eco mode, 260 hrs. in 18 mths +
all settings standard.
for a not so filthy rich guy like me, the best way to get the best out of my flame thrower is to use really good source material. cant go on buying every dvd/blu ray(anyone does that???) and libraries contain all kinda qualities in stock.
i usually watch latest flicks in theater and use the pj for classics and eccentric stuffs.
that said, what i use for screen is a brand new flex base that was totally blacked out on the reverse side.
gives great pics and costed me 400 rs for 7*10 feet sizer.;)

Have you calibrated the PJ , i am having trouble setting the values for RGB GAIN AND BAIS.

avsforum guys recommend low values for brilliant color (not more than 3) ans say truvivid should be at zero for HD70.

have set the 65 @ these values which i picked up from one of the review ,and the pic looks good
User Mode
contrast= -4
brightness= 2
gain R= 5
G=0
B=2
Bias R= -3
G=0
B=0

if set to Bright mode
contrast=-4
brightness=0
gain R=5
g=0
b=-2
Bias R=-1
g=0
b=0

have set the 65 @ these values which i picked up from one of the review ,and the pic looks good
User Mode
contrast= -4
brightness= 2
gain R= 5
G=0
B=2
Bias R= -3
G=0
B=0

if set to Bright mode
contrast=-4
brightness=0
gain R=5
g=0
b=-2
Bias R=-1
g=0
b=0

with these settings i have the true vivid and brilliant color set to 0

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back