Please advise HTIB (A/V reciever) under 25K, in New Delhi.

Aryan

Hi All,
I wanted to buy HTIB for years but never had the money, I am a music buff not so much a movie lover. I am encouraged by ONKYO HT - SR600's price but not the performance therefore have increased my budget with great difficulty, to 25K from 20K.
Could someone please advise a good HTIB (A/V reciever,speakers) especially in New Delhi under 25K.
Appreciate a response.
Thanks,
Aryan.

Hi Aryan,

If you are a music buff and not so much a movie lover, why do you want to go for a HTIB?
I am sure, no HTIB in this price range would sound musical enough to you. Consider spending on a stereo amp and speakers. They would sound good for movies too (but won't give you the rear channels).

Buying everything (receiver + 6 speakers) together would lead to spreading your budget too thin, and you would end up getting all low-end stuff.
It might be better to buy good equipment, one piece at a time, rather than buying everything together.

Thanks,
Sharad

I am a music buff not so much a movie lover.

Hello Aryan,

Since you are a music buff, I would suggest Onkyo CS-515 CD Receiver System. This one will definitely come in your budget and is a stellar performer.

I personally auditioned Denon D-F102, Sony CMT-SPZ90DB along with CS-515. I read about TEAC CR-H255 but dint hear it. Finally selected the onkyo for my bedroom setup.

Trust me, you wont be disappointed!

But still if you are interested in an HTIB in this budget, then i guess the onkyo you mentioned will fit the bill.

On a completly different note, you can even consider some award winning mass market products like Samsung HT-XQ100 or Sony DAV-DZ151KB. Again, these are strictly for your HTIB purpose, not somthing anyone suggests here often. You would be making a huge compromise on Music for space and convenience or perhaps style (?!)

All the best.

Hello Aryan,

Since you are a music buff, I would suggest Onkyo CS-515 CD Receiver System. This one will definitely come in your budget and is a stellar performer.

I personally auditioned Denon D-F102, Sony CMT-SPZ90DB along with CS-515. I read about TEAC CR-H255 but dint hear it. Finally selected the onkyo for my bedroom setup.

Trust me, you wont be disappointed!

But still if you are interested in an HTIB in this budget, then i guess the onkyo you mentioned will fit the bill.

On a completly different note, you can even consider some award winning mass market products like Samsung HT-XQ100 or Sony DAV-DZ151KB. Again, these are strictly for your HTIB purpose, not somthing anyone suggests here often. You would be making a huge compromise on Music for space and convenience or perhaps style (?!)

All the best.

Hi friend, Thanks for taking out time to respond and give such honest advise.
I am wanting to buy an HTIB coz it would be with AV reciever which seems essential to get optimum performace from speakers. I did actually consider samsung and sony models that u suggested, loved sony but did not go for it as did not have the AV reciever.
I am sure a sensible man would definitely go for Onkyo CS-515 for running music but for someone like me who wants to invest in a system that is one in all, Onkyo CS-515 seems too basic, i mean it cannot be upgraded where as Onkyo HT-sr600 has a bit of all, not the best of music sound though, not even movie sound for that matter. It just meets the requirement.
Plus, u know money is also a big consideration here, I would not be in a position to buy another system or upgrade to anyother for a long time to come, therefore cannot afford to go completely wrong on this one.
Sharad has advised to build the sys. , well, I have been considering on buying Floorstanding speakers with AV Reciever which i think would meet my music and movie needs, what say ? But i think, its impossible to get such setup in my budget.
Appreciate your advise.
Thanks again,
Aryan.

Hi Aryan,
Consider spending on a stereo amp and speakers. They would sound good for movies too (but won't give you the rear channels).

Hey Sharad,
thanks for the advise.
I do actually nurture the idea of going for floorstandin speakers along with AV reciever, I will check for stereo amp now. I think floorstanding speakers are only good option when considering stereo setup, they look good, sound good but the price, exorbitant! what say? do u know of some setup in my price range ?

I do appreciate your time and response.
Thanks,
Aryan.

Aryan,

Glad if I could be of some help to you. We all need to start somewhere. So welcome friend, to the world of sonic nirvana.:cool:

In your budget, things are going to be a bit tough as we are talking about serious audio here. I suggest you have a look at the entry level models from-

Speakers:

a) Sonus range from Sonodyne
b) Diamond 8s from Wharfedale
c) Mordaunt Short 902i

AVR:

a) Sonodyne
b) Yamaha
c) Onkyo

Like Sharad mentioned, you can start with a decent pair of fronts (need not be floorstands, you can try good bookshelfs as well) and slowly add the compnents one by one as and when your budget permits.

All the best.

Aryan,

Glad if I could be of some help to you. We all need to start somewhere. So welcome friend, to the world of sonic nirvana.:cool:

In your budget, things are going to be a bit tough as we are talking about serious audio here. I suggest you have a look at the entry level models from-

Speakers:

a) Sonus range from Sonodyne
b) Diamond 8s from Wharfedale
c) Mordaunt Short 902i

AVR:

a) Sonodyne
b) Yamaha
c) Onkyo

Like Sharad mentioned, you can start with a decent pair of fronts (need not be floorstands, you can try good bookshelfs as well) and slowly add the compnents one by one as and when your budget permits.

All the best.

Ya, sure I would be going out this Friday to one of the best showrooms in Delhi and see if they have all the brands that i can choose from.
I think I should get a decent stereo setup in my budget.
Problem in India is that there is no mid range quality products in the market. Even Sonodyne does not seem to offer quality products in the mid segement, as if average Indian does not appreciate good product and can do with average stuff, sad situation man ! Anyway hope this Friday I get lucky.

Cheers :)
Aryan.

Aryan,

I agree with the recommendations from unleash_me. These are the best value to money brands; and are good in their own right.

You can go for a book shelf speaker for now and add a sub-woofer later on.
If you have any mini system that you are using for music, you could use it for the rear channels, as most of the budget DVD players offer 5.1 channel out.

You might also want to look for some used stuff. There are people who would be ready to sell good equipment at a great price, as they are bitten by the upgrade bug.

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi, If this is your first 5.1 system then I would highly recommend you to audition Onkyo's HT-SR600 package.It is impressive in 5.1 mode for movies,musically its good for the price that your paying.I think its the best deal you can get for a 5.1 receiver & 5.1 Speaker combo at this price point.

The AV receiver that comes with this package has great potential and can deliver better sound if you upgrade the speakers.So my suggestion would be to get this package and then get some better speakers when you have the $ to do so.The AV Receiver rated at 120 W RMS per channel is powerful enough to power good floor standers.

Yamaha also has a 5.1 receiver & 5.1 Speaker combo for Rs 22,990 but I cannot comment on the sound quality as I have not heard this setup in action.Package model - Yamaha YHT-185.If your in Delhi then you can check them out at Trinity Sound & Vision - PH No - 26215222

Nishanth

Last edited:
Hi, If this is your first 5.1 system then I would highly recommend you to audition Onkyo's HT-SR600 package.It is impressive in 5.1 mode for movies,musically its good for the price that your paying.I think its the best deal you can get for a 5.1 receiver & 5.1 Speaker combo at this price point.

The AV receiver that comes with this package has great potential and can deliver better sound if you upgrade the speakers.So my suggestion would be to get this package and then get some better speakers when you have the $ to do so.The AV Receiver rated at 120 W RMS per channel is powerful enough to power good floor standers.

Yamaha also has a 5.1 receiver & 5.1 Speaker combo for Rs 22,990 but I cannot comment on the sound quality as I have not heard this setup in action.Package model - Yamaha YHT-185.If your in Delhi then you can check them out at Trinity Sound & Vision - PH No - 26215222

Nishanth

Thanks Nishanth, this is very useful information. I am actually goin to Trinity Sound and Vision this Friday and will audition Yamaha YHT -185.
I am looking forward to this Friday ! This Yamaha is quite in my budget, lets see if its sounds good.

Thanks,
Aryan.

Hi all,

Thank you very much for the valuable advise that you have all given to help me buy the best that i can get.

I have bought the ht-sr600 for the reciever that it offers and intend to add floorstanders to it after some time.

I just experienced the sr600 for a hour or so yet, therefore can't say much but one thing is quite evident that it is a reasonably good system as far as watching movies is concerned. For music, well its ordinary, while playing the music cd the sub does not make any sound atall, could it be due to the fact that the music is in a cd and not dvd ?

So friends, I own a HOME THEATER now and its a good feeling for sure. I think its quite addictive, i mean i allreay am planning of getting floorstanders for music and also thinking of how and when would I upgrade the system.

I will keep comming back here for more advise, so see you guys later.

Cheers,
Aryan.

hey aryan,

croma is selling a 5.0 yamaha setup for 28k. it has yamaha AVR HTR 6030, 2 floorstanders YHT8390, two bookshelf and center speaker. a good deal for the money asked.

Vivek

hey aryan,

croma is selling a 5.0 yamaha setup for 28k. it has yamaha AVR HTR 6030, 2 floorstanders YHT8390, two bookshelf and center speaker. a good deal for the money asked.

Vivek

Thanks Vivek, I have just invested in a HTIB so cannot just straight away invest on floorstanders right now, but very nice of you bring to my notice an oppurtunity.

Cheers,
Aryan.

Hi All,
I wanted to buy HTIB for years but never had the money, I am a music buff not so much a movie lover. I am encouraged by ONKYO HT - SR600's price but not the performance therefore have increased my budget with great difficulty, to 25K from 20K.
Could someone please advise a good HTIB (A/V reciever,speakers) especially in New Delhi under 25K.
Appreciate a response.
Thanks,
Aryan.

Haven't read the whole thread. Apologize if I am repeating somebody.

Visit Reliance Digital at Shipra Mall. I saw a Harman Kardon/JBL 5.1 system for 25k.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back