please help deciding!

nidhin916

I am looking for a good set of speakers which would be able to reproduce the true sound, nothing more:D
But the tricky bit is my budget, as usual its tight:rolleyes:
I have shortlisted a few sets, which I think would be good, my room is quite small so very high power and all is not that necessary, and I am a bass lover. Heres my list and please dont ask me to extend the budjet beyond 15k, moreover I would like to know that what exactly make Onkyo HT series so good? Is it the audio quality or is it the connectivity and other options?
The list
Philips DVD Home Theater HTS5530
Philips DVD Home Theater HTS5520
Logitec Z906 5.1

I will be using the system with my PC or iPOD so it need not be a HT;)

You are not clear!
Are you looking for speakers for 15K? Or a complete home theater 5.1 setup with DVD player and AMP?
If complete home theater,
Then why have you asked for "..a good set of speakers.."?
If Speakers only,
Then why have you listed home theater package like Philips HTS5530?

Please be more clear and help us to help you. Thanks. :)

I just neeed a good set of speakers:), but a home theater would be able to do the job of a speaker too......I think. That's why I have listed both.

I am new to all this so don't understand much about these things, does having a separate amplifier make any difference, is it any better?
I wont be connecting the speakers to my TV and I don't need the ability to play DVD, BR discs, so its not exactly necessary for it to be a HT, but their presence wont make much of a difference either, that's what I think.:mad:

The HTS 5530/5520 has coaxial in, so before investing check that you can connect your PC to HTS through Coaxial for a 5.1 output.

Z906 should be more suited and easier to connect since it is built for PC use. While the HTS5530/5520 has more RMS than logitech.

But sound is subjective. Audition and decide.

Do you absolutely want a 5.1 system?

Last edited:
At the budget you are looking for, audition some of the systems and buy one that sounds good to you. Ideally you should look into 2.1 speaker system from Logitech for starters.

I am looking for a good set of speakers which would be able to reproduce the true sound, nothing more:D
But the tricky bit is my budget, as usual its tight:rolleyes:
I have shortlisted a few sets, which I think would be good, my room is quite small so very high power and all is not that necessary, and I am a bass lover. Heres my list and please dont ask me to extend the budjet beyond 15k, moreover I would like to know that what exactly make Onkyo HT series so good? Is it the audio quality or is it the connectivity and other options?
The list
Philips DVD Home Theater HTS5530
Philips DVD Home Theater HTS5520
Logitec Z906 5.1

I will be using the system with my PC or iPOD so it need not be a HT;)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back