please need help with HD20 pj

totto444

Hi guys,

Hope I can get some help on this.

Bought my HD20 1 year ago.
Last week, I started noticing a weakening picture quality, particularly in dark movie scenes where quality of the picture is very bad , and in bright scenes where the white is just very intense. (no solution even with calibration tuning)

So I thought maybe it was lamp life issue (had 1200 hrs), so I replaced the lamp with a new one, and still same issue.

After sometime I realized that the above noted weak quality picture begins after 10-15 minutes after I run the pj.

Yesterday, I noticed that when I first start the pj, the on/stby green light starts normal (flashing at warm up), and after that, goes completely off for the rest of the session.

What is going on with my pj?

please please help.......

Guys,

I just notice via trial and error that when I activate 'High altitude mode' (which puts the fans speed at max all the time), my picture problems completely go away!!

However, the on/standby lamp remains off during my sessions.

Can anyone help after today's update?

Seems to be a heating problem where the PJ is giving itself a less load by projecting duller pictures so that too much heat is not generated. You should get the PJ serviced.

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback venkatcr.

Found people with similar problems with details comments posted elsewhere on how to open it up and give the cw a thorough cleaning.

Planning to do that soon.

Will post comments when done.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back