Please share your experience with Kitchen chimney

I have faber Chimney last 6 years! Now it started stopping by overheating and restart again after some time. AMC sucks as they are reluctant to open main motor unit.

Om, have you figured out how to clean/service the fan/motor
of a Faber chimney? Pl post pics, if any.

Om, have you figured out how to clean/service the fan/motor

of a Faber chimney? Pl post pics, if any.

No, not cleaned yet, i just removed gunk from thermostat. These guys don't want to work, but want full 500 rs for cleaning SS baffle only. But it is on my list to do.

Hi ,

My Experience with Faber Chimney is the worst . The Service center does not know how to install it.

The Chimney I bought from Faber was a Trato With Glass Hood , the Glass hood broke one day while was the Chimney was off . This chimney was not installed properly but I was asked to pay a very high amount for the Glass and they did not agree to the fact that the installation could have caused this issue .

The Chimney had to reinstalled within a span of 15 days and then the noise level was low , but we do not know if during the installation process there was enough pressure put on the glass which could have caused damage to the Glass leading to breakage after few months of operation.

Recommend not to buy any Faber Product due to Poor Lousy Service .

Thanks ,
Sumen.

hi Guys,

I need help with understanding something..

i used to use a Straight Line Chimney earlier.. (looks like a slab.. rectangle )
but now most of the 1000m3/hr chimneys are Hood Chimneys (looks like a pyramid kinda..) which are definately quite bigger ..

i wanted to know.. if a hood chimney would fit in place of a straight line chimney.. as the hole in the wall for exhaust was made only for straight.
if i assume correctly the motor hole for hood chimey is higher.. and so the entire chimney would sit lower to accomodate the exhaust outlet ..??

Hood chimneys typically require a 4 inch hole for the suction tube to let the smoke/gases out.

Been using Faber Glassy model for past 8 years now and its working without a hitch. We are family of 6 so you can imagine the cooking and oil. I am extremely happy with Faber. One thing I learned is, how long your chimney is trouble is free is dependent on how clean you keep it. We have an AMC where once in 3 months the Chimney is cleaned by them and once a year they clean the inside completly. This is FABER AMC. We ensure we remind them and get them to come.

This ensure there is not too much stress on the motor. If you dont clean, you are putting too much stress on the motor and eventually its going to fail. Baffle filters are awesome, just need to clean regularly then its easy!

@madnullram, we have problem that nobody cleaning motor or fan. They just clean SS baffle, and scrub inside little here and there, demand 500Rs. When confronted, they say thats only they can do. So it means I pay for cleaning which we already know and do ourselves regularity. So I stopped them calling. Service contract number is provided at Faber promotional booth in events repeatedly.

I tried to diy cleaning of fan and motor, but it was hard to reach,
and gave up that attempt. Did not try again.
Previous occupant never cleaned it, so I spent long time to
clean the stainless baffles etc.
The apt also has Faber FH 40 AMD hob. I would never recommend
it. Old normal gas stove are better, imo.

At one relative's place, Cooker busted into it. I saw him to remove chimney on floor. Then spray some solvent to dissolve oil layer. Used shaving blade like scrubber to take out layers which were collected on scrap newspaper. Then motor and fan opened and cleaned. So it was top to bottom. And it was 3/4 of day including cleaning floor. He was handsomely paid 2.5K.

Ok, here is one update. Our Faber SS Glassy 650 motor started troubling. It seems jammed with oil stuff of almost 8.5years. Only baffles are cleaned regularly. We purchased this from Kitchen Showroom for ?12.5K. Now guys don't want to clean it but insisting on changing motor at cost of ?8.5K. Or suggesting me new chimney models from Faber. I just refused that suggestion, and told them I would not buy any Faber product in future.
Now job lying with me, local wireman will remove motor and I will clean it , overhaul it and assemble back.
Shame Faber service.

Sent from my E6 using Tapatalk

Hi members,

Our kitchen chimney suction motor died. Looking for a new chimney, preferably split type.
Any of you having knowledge about the same, pl share.

On searching, found only one split model.

BTW this is the chimney we are using for the past 6 years.

Last edited:
Old type exhaust fans are much more suited for our kitchens given the frying and cooking that gets done . I just ripped off a chimney from Glenn and replaced it with an exhaust fan after their quote for a 4 speed fan switch .
The AMC for the "peace of mind " that needs to be paid is simply not worth it . If the cost of the product + AMC is calculated for 3 years it makes more sense to keep replacing the product .
Water filters , washing machines , chimneys , air conditioners etc. What is the point of paying 2X the price for a brand name and spending 25% annually in maintaining it rather than buy a low priced product with similar features and throwing it away once they fail after their warranty life ?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back