Plz help me select the best TV out of these models

What is the screen size you are eyeing? Please specify your requirement in detail and the budget? Have you seen any of the models you mentioned in action. Do a first hand comparision of all the models and short list. We can advice after you finalize your list. Also always visit your nearby shops and bargain hard.

I can go for any screen size between 39 to 42 inch, budget can be stretched to Rs 45000 but the TV should have excellent audio and video qulaity

Hi

I see a suite of brands and models. Have you window shopped? If not time to go and visit a Vijay Sales / E Zone / Croma See the models you have shortlisted.

Most important in any TV, check the connectivity options. There should be HDMI, Composite Video, AV , PC input etc...This helps incase a certain input port gets spoiled in the long run....next is sound quality. a TV with front speakers would help as then you need not amplifier your TV everytime. USB port which can read all formats helps to watch movies late at night without putting the AVR on.

Online reviews on the internet suggest a lifespan of 3-5 years for any LED TV and Plasmas lasts a bit longer. This is all technical suggestions I have given....the most important is viewing.....that's the reason for window shopping.

Watch the screen in all angels, 45 degrees etc....see Discovery / Nat Geo channels which show water nature at its best. Remember all these shops / showrooms use a HD connection thru settop box....you may not be using the same at home...unless you subscribe to one!

Similarly look at all other shortlisted brands and then take what appeals to you in terms of performance, connectivity and ofcourse budget....I did a good 2-3 months research on the net, read reviews and finally settled for the Toshiba PU series which had all the possible things anyone would want in a TV. Vijay Sales was selling for 5-8% less than MRP, I got it for almost 25% less from my local TV dealer with the same 3 years warranty.

Hope this helps

Go for the LG 42PN4500. Good PQ and will be in your budget too. You can also go for Toshiba LED as they come with 3-years warranty.

But don't Plasmas give more problems like screen burning? Heard plasmas need extra protection. What should be the points we need to take care of if we own a plasma. Plz help me with that. Thanks

But don't Plasmas give more problems like screen burning? Heard plasmas need extra protection. What should be the points we need to take care of if we own a plasma. Plz help me with that. Thanks

You may also consider Samsung 43F4900 plasma for around 45K odd....

My brother owns an 42 LG plasma TV for the past 4 years & i haven't seen burn-in & Image retention problems with it so far.....

If you are looking for led go for philips.The picture quality is at par with other brands and needs little bit of calibration.

Thank You sooo much for ur responses guys. Each of ur reply is very precious for me.

Which is the better one between the two plasmas mentioned above, i want excellent audio and video quality?

Regarding Philips LED TV, ys i has one DDB 32 Inch LED, they do have good picture and audio quality. I agree

Go for Panasonic .we have hd ready plasma and its doing a great job.The pic quality is superb but sound is on lowerside

No bro, i can't compromise on sound quality. I want excellent sound and video

I am not very sure if you can get excellent sound quality from any flat panel TV..

Lemme give you one more tip here.... Most of the flat panel TV's can decode Dolby digital....But only few can decode DTS (All samsung models & few other LG models)...

I think Philips & LG that you have listed above will not be able to decode DTS sound tracks.....

Moreover, LG 42PT560R is an old model & am not sure abt it aval in India....

LG 42PN4500 has only 1 HDMI input & can't decode DTS....

Am not sure if i suggested this model earlier for your post.... Conisder Samsung 43F4900 Plasma.... It has 2 HDMI inputs & can decode both Dolby & DTS....

E6D Price is above Rs 50000, i can't afford it. Plz help me select from the models posted in post 12. Also what do u think about this tv it backlit Haier 40M600 40 Inches Full HD Back Lit LED Television - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Guys plz help me make a choice between these models, have to take a decision today. Also if u have any good 40 or 42 inch model between Rs 35-45000 then do let me know. I want excellent audio and video

No bro, i can't compromise on sound quality. I want excellent sound and video

gone are the days when the crt tv's used to boast multiple speakers and subwoofers for the sound far better than flat panels..

with the growth of moe complexed and complicated flat panel very less space is left for speakers to deliver sound quality to the level we desire. most of the flat panels will have average SQ in terms of quality and loudness( if that is what you meant).

also 45k is a a decent budget but definitely a good budget in terms of Flat tv's in general. my suggestions will be to look for best PQ and VFM tv. sound can be improved with a 2k pc based 2.1 speaker set.

TV primary purpose is for viewing. just my personal opinion.

Hi

The Toshiba I use reads 28 movie formats via USB and has Dolby decoders...the Dolby logo comes on display when I play Dolby content.....it is better value for money as it is backed with 3 years warranty...

Have used Philips 32PFL6577 DDB LED TV , it ha excellent sound , its so loud and clear with awesome bass. Only thing letting me think not to buy this model is that its an old model. Infact in the 42 inch model i am getting 2 year videocon d2h subscription also free.

What say guys? Should i buy this or any other TV? Ur opinion is seriously needed

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back