Plz help me select the best TV out of these models

Dear Members

Just answer this query. All the plasmas i have listed having 1024*768 resolution and not Full HD while LED's are Full HD having 1920*1080 resolution. Heard that in 42 inch screen it makes a lot of difference so with which should i go for LED or Plasma. This is the one thing haunting me the most. Plz reply

bro, IMHO it does matters. Generally upto 32" both HD ready & FHD look same and more than that size it can be visible (even it differs from tv to tv), its better to see for yourself directly.

Earlier you had taken off plasmas from your list (in ur #23 post) when i had told that they look dull in bright light areas and to decide based on your area where you are going to put n watch this new tv. plasmas are having best PQ which u can enjoy only if viewed in low-med lighting areas. even u have bright light area u could control light with good curtains and enjoy the best PQ of plasmas. Think again.

It seems you want go for online purchasing due to price factor. if so, its ur decision and what i suggest is decide 2 models of your choice and get FHD contents with you and visit your local shops and have demo of the same models and observe their interior lighting while comparing with your house. Finally, YOU can only decide by your seeing yourself what is best for YOU! who knows the 1024x768 may look great for you over 1920x1080 in led. Whatever we say here might help u a little only.

Have Patience! plan well, don't get frustrated or confused by these technical things, believe ur eyes n ears, use knowledge u got here, and lastly you have to compromise a little either with price or any small requirement/quality. its better if possible extend ur budget a little and get the Best One thinking for next 5years. All the best for ur purchase! :)

Thanks for the response bro! Don't have time to visit stores, would be nice if someone can answer my question about resolution here

Thanks for the response bro! Don't have time to visit stores, would be nice if someone can answer my question about resolution here

I had a demo of the Sammy 43E4900 last year. It has a total screen resolution matrix of 1024x768. Believe me it was better than all the FHD LED at that range of 40K. The color rendition of a plasma is unbelievable and you will not experience any judder in the picture. If you want to experience CRT level color reproduction in a flat panel then plasma is the way to go for sure.

From my experience I can tell there is no visible difference between 720p and 1080p until you go too close to the screen or read a small font text. Go plasma and enjoy viewing

Plasmas are like CRT TVs on a slim frame. Colors are great, no judder, colors look natural. Only problem is they don't look as bright as LEDs, so they look kinda washed out.

I beg to differ on that one. By bright, if you mean oversaturation then yes, plasmas lack that. Plasma will give you very natural accurate color and excellent detail that LED can't. Also no bleeding, excellent viewing angle unlike LED. And you can always adjust the settings to your likeness.

Drawbacks of plasma : More power consumption, Heavier, Chances of Image Retention and Burn-in.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back