Plz help me select the best TV out of these models

^
Lets first shortlist again from above choice.
What i am seeing is, i think you have not yet decided whether you want to go for plasma or LED. because both have their own merits & demerits. you have to decide based on your requirements.

AFAIK plasmas look dull in bright light or well lit area wherein LEDs wins over in this. but, as most of u all know plasmas have best PQ with contrast, black level, etc IF you watch it in low to medium light area. so first look ur area where u want to keep this tv and decide plasma or led.

secondly, it seems that you are planning to buy it from online shopping. if yes, personally i wont suggest to do so (however finally its ur own decision). if you are not buying online, then i have not seen any posts regarding your window shopping, PQ quanlity u like, price, etc. and generally there is a 10-15k diff between online sites and local stores.

anyhw you have decided or deciding, make a wise decision and spend in best choice of ur hard earned money.

Thanks for replying bro

I am fine with LED or Plasma as long as i can get great picture and audio quality. But as you said that Plasma will create issue in well lit room so i guess its better that i strike it off my list.

Regarding buying online , well bro if i am getting handsome discount shouldn't i consider the online option?

Toshiba has very poor Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 10000:1 so i have decided not to buy it

Half of the specs mentioned by manufacturers are overhyped. Don't be fooled by just the dynamic contrast ratio. Demo it, do a head to head comparison with other brands with super high dynamic cunt ratio.

Dear Members,

Plz help me out. I need to make a choice latest by today or tomorrow. If you have any better choices then do list them out. Budget is Rs. 40000 for a 40 or 42 inch tv

Plz help me guys, need ur advice

My Choice would be Samsung 43F4900 Plasma around 44K... Itz an HD Ready resolution, but can support 1920 x 1080 i, play most of the movie formats And more importantly can decode both DTS & Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks.... + You get 2 pairs of 3D Glasses....

No bro, my budget can't exceed Rs. 40000 plus i don't want 3D TV. Simply want good audio and video quality

No bro, my budget can't exceed Rs. 40000 plus i don't want 3D TV. Simply want good audio and video quality

Try negotiating.. If you get close to your budget, you would be lucky....

There is already a thread on this model in this forum.. Read thru & you will get a rough idea...

I wouldnt pick the LG Plasma for few reasons....

- They cannot decode DTS soundtracks from Blu Ray Rips....
- They have only 1 HDMI Input... 2 HDMI inputs are always good * will handu handy in future when you add components later...

Of the two models you have listed, Samsung 43F4900 is good....

But if you are sure that you will not be playing Blu ray rips with DTS soundtracks on your TV, then LG is a good option....

Please check the model once with Blu ray rips to decide on the audio quality & then buy the TV....

I also vote for the Samsung 43F4900 since it's 3D and has 2 HDMIs which is a big deal if you use 2 devices with your TV. It can also decode DTS and Dolby+ but sound is not a big deal on flat panels.

But if your budget is tight and you won't need multiple HDMIs, then go for LG 42PN4500. It's PQ is similar to Samsung F4900 may be little better but it has 1 HDMI and no DTS decoder, you'll have Dolby Digital though.

Dear Mmebers, pl gie ur responses. I am totally confused. Need ur opinion, which 40 or 42 inch tv with 40000 Rs can give good picture and audio quality?

Dear Mmebers, pl gie ur responses. I am totally confused. Need ur opinion, which 40 or 42 inch tv with 40000 Rs can give good picture and audio quality?

I don't think asking the same question again would get a different response.
Have a friend who bought the 43f4900 and is using the same from last 8 months and very happy with it, he bought it for 43k.

Try and see what's the best price you can get for this model. If it's still above 40k, would advise to delay your purchase get a budget of 43k and buy for the same as you don't buy TV's every day and this model is good for the features it offers in the longer run.

so you got 2 options, negotiate and see whats the best price you can get. Or to save more and then buy this after a few months if it is currently not fitting your budget. But it is a good buy.

I don't think you should compromise on the tv model for just a 3k cost. if you buy the tv on 0% finance the difference amount would be hardly 375 per month for 8 months.

That's my 2 cents, rest it is up to you what you wish to do.

Where are you located ? Yesterday, I was in a Vijay Sales shop in Pune and saw an ONIDA 50" TV - with surprisngly very good Pic quality/ 2 HDMI etc for 50K. Perhaps you can check out a physical store for these models - Are you buying online for reasons of price or location ?

Prices should have dropped with the cut in excise, or maybe you could wait for a week or two when some new models MAY appear.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back