Plz help with optimizing the setup...

Imrahn

So, finally purchased a plasma for the main hall and all hell broke loose with setting it up.Given below is my intended setup and plz guide me to achieve the best in it.

Have my gaming/HT PC upstairs and have been using it all these days as download rig as well.In order to reduce the usage of the HDDs , i have decided to go for a dedicated download rig with minimal storage(say 80gb) and will be periodically uploading its files to the HTPC upstairs, so that it remains the entertainment hub.

The HTPC in turn will be connected to the main hall plasma via an HD media player like Xtreamer Pro or PlayOn HD, so that i can browse and playback the files from the HTPC.The downside of this plan is that the HTPC has to be turned ON if i want to play movies downstairs(not a deal breaker though).

I have provided a rough sketch of the intended setup below and would appreciate all ur valuable inputs on whether the setup can be optimized better.Have budget constraints as well and would be accomplishing this step by step.

avsetup.jpg

Thanx and regards

I don't get it. How many PC's do you plan to have exactly? And why do you need them if you already have/are planning for a media player?

You need one computer (which you already have) a 2/4 TB HDD inside the playon/xtreamer and you're set.

Use the media player as a download rig. Just use the PC you have to save the torrent files you have to your media player and it will have a torrent client that will download your files.

Advantages of having a media player as a download rig:
1. consumes much less power than a PC.
2. Is much smaller.
3. More cost-effective.
4. You won't need to turn on BOTH the media player AND the PC to play files on your plasma.

When you run out of space just add eTrayz/similiar to your network.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back