Plz Suggest a Good Amplifier and two speakers

Manjog

Hi there,
I am looking for a good AV receiver and to begin with 2.0 floor speakers.
Requirement is for good rock music and later upgrade the system to a 5.1 Home theatre system for movies as well. Budget is around Rs 75K for receiver and 2 floor speakers. Wish to buy from Bangalore. Pl help me by suggesting a good combo within my budget and the place from where i can buy.

Hi:

Welcome, have a great time.

Said that, have you clicked the 'search' button lately ? - if not, please click it right away.

:)

If movies than go for a good receiver and start off with just 2 floor standers. Have a look at Marantz SR6004....

Wooden_welcome.gif
to the forum.

Hi Guys,
afj: The system would be used initially for music and later upgrade it to a 5.1/7.1 HT so I would like to go for a good receiver and 2 floor speakers to begin with. Subsequent to full fledged HT system predominant usage would be for music.
newnikonian: What speakers would sound good with Marantz-6004?. Any idea from where i can buy a marantz in Bangalore. And what would be the appx cost.

Hi Guys,
afj: The system would be used initially for music and later upgrade it to a 5.1/7.1 HT so I would like to go for a good receiver and 2 floor speakers to begin with. Subsequent to full fledged HT system predominant usage would be for music.
newnikonian: What speakers would sound good with Marantz-6004?. Any idea from where i can buy a marantz in Bangalore. And what would be the appx cost.

the receivers that are good for music are the likes of the nads and the cambridge. but they're expensive. stay away from harman kardon. good for movies but crap on music. though thats a personal opinion. you could look at denon and marantz for the amp. im not a personal fan of yamahas. feels a little muddy in its presentation. the onkyo is also good for music

if youre going for a 5.1 which includes a sub, then you wont need floorstanders. good bookshelves will suffice. but its up to you. for speakers you should check the monitor audio bronze series, kef iq series and the wharfedales. theres also a taiwan brand called usher which has excellent reviews considering the price point.

get a good dvd player to go with it. marantz and oppo come to mind. the nads and cambridge are pretty good as well though i've got no clue on the pricing. but you can always do this purchase later if you;ve got something to fill in for now. make sure you use good quality cables

Last edited:
pls get a decent 2 channel amp and 2 speakers. avrs tend to get outdated on features pretty soon. Use analog out of cdp, dvdp etc initially to hear the sound of movies.

Hi Guys,

pls get a decent 2 channel amp and 2 speakers. avrs tend to get outdated on features pretty soon. Use analog out of cdp, dvdp etc initially to hear the sound of movies.

i agree on the amp part. you're rather spend your budget on a good quality 2.0 system. and it works pretty well for movies too considering that the main use will be for music

manjog, if music is your priority seriously think about getting a 2 channel set up. Audition to really feel the difference.
If you still want an AVR, I would suggest the Marantz nr1501. That leaves you about 45-50k for speakers. You could get something from the Aviano series, Aegis neo3 etc. You could even try out the speakers our own Audire, Acoustic Portrait, Lyrita have.

So I infer from ur suggestions that i should buy a good stereo amp and two floor speakers. Fine. But would i be able to upgrade the same to a HT system at some stage later, or will I have to go in for a complete change over.

Whats appx price of Cambridge 540R with Cambridge DV99
with Q Acoustics 1050/2050 speakers? Also heard good reviews on Monitor Audio RS6 ,Polk Audio TSi-500 and Jamo C-406. Can anyone throw more light on these; if auditioned?
Also, can anyone suggest from where i can buy these stuff in Bangalore?

If you are open to used gear, you should check out the classifieds section - some really good deals there

cheers

hi odyssey i see you are a dealer for usher. are there any dealers in hyd. will be good to give them a hear

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back