Suggest good speakers and subwoofer for 2.1 music setup

sunilsanketh

Please suggest good speakers and subwoofer for the 2.1 music setup
My amp: Arcam SA 30
Budget for speakers: up to 4lkh ( Floor standers or bookshelf anything is ok)
Budget for subwoofer: up to 1.5 lk

That is a great budget and a great amp!

You can put down your preference in sound signature so people might be able to assist with a smaller list, the pool is too large otherwise!

How will you connect subwoofer to this setup?
If connecting a sub is possible then bookshelves would be a better choice as low frequency extension isn't required from your speakers.

The speaker needs to be selected based on
1) your listening preference.
2) listening distance.
3) room acoustics.

If connecting a sub is possible then bookshelves would be a better choice as low frequency extension isn't required from your speakers.

2) listening distance.
3) room acoustics.
Yes Arcam SA 30 has pre out which can be connected to subwoofer low-level input.

At this budget : Focals , Sonus Faber , Dali oberon 9 ..etc.
Subs : SVS , REL, Rythemic Sealed Subs.

Also consider Fyne Audio speakers, especially the 700 series and 500SP series. They are very good for 2-channel audio. They have Dual concentric drivers, which produce pinpoint imaging, even better than the bookshelfs. I always recommend Floorstand speakdrs over the Bookshelfs even when you are using a sub. And for Subwoofer, you can also consider XTZ. Rythmik is over priced at this point so don't consider that. Hope Rel will be good for music. Check also for PSA subwoofers, but that may be out of your budget, but they are very good for both HT & Music. The B&C drivers used in those subs are some of the best drivers from Italy, which are very Fast, Tight, Clean and can also go loud and dig deep.

Last edited:
My. Suggestion Q acoustic concept 300 book shelf & rel or sunfire subwoofer.

2) listening distance.
3) room acoustics.
Not only subwoofer out, the Arcam has Dirac Live room correction.

How many speakers are good for music just 2 speakers are a surround 5.1 or 9.1etc..cause av receiver are we need a intergrated amplifier for a music setup

How many speakers are good for music just 2 speakers are a surround 5.1 or 9.1etc..cause av receiver are we need a intergrated amplifier for a music setup
For music 2 channel stereo is the best. You may either go for a simple all in one active setup or an amp with passive speakers. In passive setup you can either go for an integrated amp or pre and power amp option. Having each components separately like dac, pre amp, power amp and speakers will provide us more room for future upgrades but it needs some expertise in mixing and matching components.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back