Polk Audio TSi 200 Vs Wharfedale 9.2

cifrancis

Dear Members,

Planning to buy book shelf speakers, shortlisted Polk Audio TSi 200 & Wharfedale 9.2. My only criteria is good bass. Which one would be good for bass. Budget Rs 15,000/=

Hi Francis,

It all boils downs to personal preferences.Both speakers have different sound signatures.Why don't you listen to both of them and decide for yourself?

Hi Francis,

I have the Polk RTi A3 bookshelves & they are very good in the Bass department:)

The Mid-range & the treble is also sweet.

Have'nt heard the TSi series, but if I had to make a choice between Polk & Wharfedale, I'll go for the Polk anyday:yahoo:

Regards,

Francis Fernandes

I have the Polk tsi100's, and bass is simply great!! The tsi200's have an extra driver compared to tsi100's. Listen to both the speakers with Your preferred music and decide. Good Luck!!! :)

Last edited:
Hi Francis,

I have the Polk RTi A3 bookshelves & they are very good in the Bass department:)

Have'nt heard the TSi series, but if I had to make a choice between Polk & Wharfedale, I'll go for the Polk anyday:yahoo:

Regards,

Francis Fernandes

Thanks a tonne Francis

Regards

C I Francis

Hi Francis from what i see in the forum is that nobody favors Polk Audio and everybody is inclined towards Wharfedale, what is the reason.

Disclaimer: I Don't intend to hurt Polk RTI fans... the below is purely my personal observation /opinion...:eek:

Hi Francis,
I think you are choosing between TSI 200 and WD 9.2 b'cause they are at similar price-levels. If this is your criteria then my pers experience tells that WD 9.2 is clear winner in bass-extension at 15k price level. (I have auditioned Polk RTI A1 new piece earlier (this is higher level than TSI series), compared to WD 9.2 new piece, I found that A1 bass was very faint). The RTI dealer (for reasons best known to him) discouraged me from going for TSI 200 and TSI 300.

It's oft-repeated... I repeat again... try to audition both if possible with same selection of music CD, and then decide what you like.

Regds,

Hi Francis,

Regards,

Francis Fernandes

I have the Polk tsi100's, and bass is simply great!! The tsi200's have an extra driver compared to tsi100's. Listen to the speakers with Your preferred music and decide. Good Luck!!! :)

Hi thanks for the reply

Regards

C I Francis

Disclaimer: I Don't intend to hurt Polk RTI fans... the below is purely my personal observation /opinion...:eek:

Hi Francis,
I think you are choosing between TSI 200 and WD 9.2 b'cause they are at similar price-levels. If this is your criteria then my pers experience tells that WD 9.2 is clear winner in bass-extension at 15k price level. (I have auditioned Polk RTI A1 new piece earlier (this is higher level than TSI series), compared to WD 9.2 new piece, I found that A1 bass was very faint). The RTI dealer (for reasons best known to him) discouraged me from going for TSI 200 and TSI 300.

It's oft-repeated... I repeat again... try to audition both if possible with same selection of music CD, and then decide what you like.

Regds,

Thanks a lot

Hi Francis,

Regds,

You are right as both of them are similarly priced, thats the reason, i choose these two.

Why everbody is inclined towards Wharfedale in this form nobody is giving positive comments for Polk Audio TSi 200

Hi Francis,
My theory of the "probable" reason >> Most of us Indians like "laid back" sound, and this forum having predominantly Indian members, inevitably tilts the majority opinion towards "Laid back" sounding speakers and amps (note that Forward sounding amps like Cyrus and Rotel have few fans here).

Among the "Laid back" speakers Wharfedale population is the most because it is the cheapest among them + it delivers something else that majority Indians like... thumping bass (deciphering distinct bass guitar notes within the thumpy bass is not a matter of concern for many... the "thump" is an end in itself. To be honest this is not to say WD gives one note bass. OTOH it does a good job of a rounded but "clean" thump along with reasonably noticeable bass note tonality... oops... is anybody getting what I am trying to express here???:eek:. Added bonus is good dynamics for reproducing softest to loudest sound without breaking sweat.

All these features for almost the same price as direct conversion of its price in west!! No custom duty component added on to dollar cost! The parent company is definately subsidizing costs for Indian customer with a view of generating profits thru more numbers. I think their trick is working.

Phew.. I think the above gives you a fair idea about the reason for WD majority buyers in this forum (in budget segment)

Regds,

Why everbody is inclined towards Wharfedale in this form nobody is giving positive comments for Polk Audio TSi 200

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back