Post good DIY kit deals here:-

i am looking for plate amplifier for diy of sub woofer of 150 to 300 watt...can any one help me.....is going for passive sub with external amp is good idea...can i integrate it with my existing system....please help me to explore these option..

Last edited:
i am looking for plate amplifier for diy of sub woofer of 150 to 300 watt...can any one help me.....is going for passive sub with external amp is good idea...can i integrate it with my existing system....please help me to explore these option..
This could be bridged to 200W. Cost around 5-6K. I have one kept for future project. So far never got time for that. Also with minimal heat very small/little heatsink required, just connect with 220VA toroidal transformer. No problem for closed installation without clear air ventilation.

^^doors666

How difficult will it be to locally source the parts and complete this project ?
A rough idea about component costs, please?
Kindly ping me if you take up this project as I'll be glad to tag along, my handle on head-fi is MROFFICER123 and I'll order it directly to my address.

Thank You

^^doors666

How difficult will it be to locally source the parts and complete this project ?
A rough idea about component costs, please?
Kindly ping me if you take up this project as I'll be glad to tag along, my handle on head-fi is MROFFICER123 and I'll order it directly to my address.

Thank You

Main thing is the tubes, those you can get pretty cheap on ebay. you can try to find them locally also if you know some shop that sells tubes. other parts should be easily available in the ND local market. There is a huge thread (some 400 pages) on head-fi if you need more details.

Hi,

These components should be easily available. few caps are Electrolytic and a few ceramic and all resistors values in 1/4 watt?

LL

12AU7 Tubes like you mentioned can ordered online or locally sourced.These sockets/holders come along with tubes or have to be bought separately ?

Heatsinks used in this project look like one's on PC motherboard. Where do you find these? and any ideas about their cost ?

LL

Thanks

Sockets will be easily available in Delhi.The heatsink is about 15-20rs each.Ask for TO-220 heatsinks,big ones.

Where tubes are available in Bangalore ? I am looking forward to make one pre-amp.

I am checking ebay dot com and ebay dot in .
ebay dot com has better product, but expensive & delicate to get shipped.

Sockets will be easily available in Delhi.The heatsink is about 15-20rs each.Ask for TO-220 heatsinks,big ones.
Any suggestions on where to procure these sockets in Delhi, suraj? Lajpat Rai guys scratched their head when I asked for it - this is the only missing thing (and most crucial :lol) in my parts list for the Starving Student build

AFAIK, X over comes into picture only when components are put together. A good tweeter is good irrespective of what Xover is used. Its job is to reproduce high frequencies as flat as possible (for purists) or as smooth, crisp and extended as possible (for enthusiasts).
This is a very idealistic view, IMHO. I am sure there are good tweeters in existence which will fit your description, but we (in the Real World(TM)) rarely get to play with such tweeters. We pick tweeters for the job, for instance:
  • crossover frequency -- how low do I need to take the tweeter?
  • distortion graph plotted against frequency (as ZaphAudio does) -- this must be studied only in the passband, not in isolation in any idealistic sense
  • characteristics of the midbass drivers (e.g. if the midbass is paper cone, I may be more tolerant in some second harmonic distortion in the tweeter)
  • power handling (if not for a living room application)
So, what's "best" for one set of requirements may not be best for another.

And if you don't understand what I'm saying here, why don't you just use the SR10DT from Peerless India, available from diyaudiocart? It's a very good tweeter, till you reach such point where you start fussing with the parameters I listed above and hit a case where one of those don't fit the SR10DT. Really -- the SR10DT is a very good tweeter for many, many applications. I am told their TL26SG is a very good driver too. I'd happily use either for many designs unless I specifically had a problem.

Hey DIY Enthusiasts !

Can you give me some reviews on the LM3886 in comparison to TDA7294 ? A simple chip amp is what i am looking for.
Also, came across this Indian website..
LM3886 Amplifier PCB

Do any of you have experience with this website ?

Cheers!

I have got stuff from theaudiocrafts. since they are based in delhi, i usually call him and pick up the stuff on my own, rather than getting it shipped.

Yes, I recently purchased a soft start kit for an upcoming amp build from the Audiocrafts. I had a positive experience.

Back