Post good DIY kit deals here:-

AFAIK, X over comes into picture only when components are put together. A good tweeter is good irrespective of what Xover is used. Its job is to reproduce high frequencies as flat as possible (for purists) or as smooth, crisp and extended as possible (for enthusiasts).
Right, Right and Right.

And the "silkie" is a wonderful tweeter - no doubt about it. BUT, you have to take into account your budget and what you want to cross it over at among other things. All I'm saying is that you MAY be able to get away with a "cheaper" tweeter which fits your budget if you know in advance what I just said in the previous sentence.

Here's a very good option for someone looking to build O2 headphone amp - JDS labs is now offering it in kit form, their shipping time, cost and communication is exceptional speaking from personal experiences

JDS Labs - Objective2 DIY Kit

I got jds labs O2 kit and I am a newbie :(
Planning to make a cheap cmoy amp to get the basics right.
Can you tell me how difficult can this kit be ?

I got jds labs O2 kit and I am a newbie :(
Planning to make a cheap cmoy amp to get the basics right.
Can you tell me how difficult can this kit be ?

With decent soldering skill and few basic tools, putting a kit together is pretty easy, as there are all the parts included specifically for that PCB and application. PCB will have all markings on it plus both Cmoy and O2 are extremely well documented and popular, that means if you get stuck somewhere searching for an answer wont be difficult.

Soldering skill is prime !

Any good plate amp deals in India? Or any Class-D mono kits which people on HFV have used? Any DIY crossover kits?

Anyone tried DIY Tube MM Phono ?

Hi Friends

Just curious to know if anyone tried to build a Tube based MM Phono stage ?

If yes, could you please share the experience , expenses , and sources

Best Regards

Tanoj

This is an interesting site for Class D amps and kits. People who have bought them are very pleased with the quality of sound for the price. They were also very helpful to my mails when I was shopping for an amp.

Home page

Back