Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Bought Chromecast audio to stream music from WD. Quality and connectivity are good. Waiting for mini toslink to toslink cable to connect with DAC.
402a93f1fee03ee473c7eeb5ce5495d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Post your setup after connect with DAC:)

Hi Rajith,

Congrats, How are the twins performing??

You bought it in Chennai? Do you mind sharing the price and where you bought from. Planning to get a sub to go with my zensor7 5.0 - contemplating b/w this one or pb1000 or sds10. also do you know anywhere they have the e-12f for demo?

Thanks
The twins e-12f are awesome. Now the bass response is very good across the rooms. It's shaking my HT room with the pressure waves. This e-12f is technologically advanced which has digital amplification. I got it from Vipul audio. Earlier he had demo of e-12f, but now some renovation work going on. Also heard that he is moving to higher series of dali like opticon along with Zensor, hope after renovation you can check with him . I think the other AV shop at Chennai dealing with Dali is AV Cressida and Grand cinema ,please check whether they have demo of e-12f.I have not heard svs pb1000 personally, but have very good feedback with our forum members . U can audition it at Volumate near OMR(one of our forum member has recently auditioned it).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Got this JBL Flip 3 in Red, and this is really good in its overall performance.

Attachments

• 20170414_160219.jpg
    20170414_160219.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 259
Purchased Marantz PM6006 from Audiomaxxindia

Congratulations. How was the buying experience from this site? Which speakers are you going to pair this with?

Fiio X5 3rd gen. And me likes it.

Congratulations. Don't see many buying these players these days, since mobiles now a days do almost everything. How's the sound quality of this device? Do you need a headphone amp with it, like most mobiles do?

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Congratulations. Don't see many buying these players these days, since mobiles now a days do almost everything. How's the sound quality of this device? Do you need a headphone amp with it, like most mobiles do?

MaSh

Thank you MaSh

I am not a big fan of using my phone for everything, hence I use my phone only for communication and light browsing when I do not have any other device at hand. I have never found music very satisfying on phones even though it is the most convenient, there are several reasons for that. The sound quality is only acceptable even on the best phones out there (I have the Oneplus 3 now and have had Samsung s6 and HTC J1 in the past). The phones can power my iems fine but I had to have an amp if I wanted to use any of my headphones accept the ue6000. Then there is the problem of volume control on the phones which really gets on my nerves, one step I can barely hear the quitter instruments and the next point it becomes painfully loud. I did try going the external dac way with my phone for a while and the issues with that are way too many although when that works it works really nicely. But with that comes the next problem, most phones nowadays have fixed storage and battery life. Once you start putting lossless music on your phone the storage and battery starts running out very quickly. (I can barely manage 10-12 hrs. of battery life with texts and calls alone and in the past every time I was on my way back home on a bus/train and I wanted some music, my phone was out or almost out of juice). But I will stop my rant here :D

Coming to the player and replying to your first point Daps are making a comeback nowdays as far as I can see. All my friends who really care about their music either have a dap already or are planning to get one very soon (waiting for the x3 3rd gen mostly :p).

Finally the sound quality The sound quality is excellent. There is absolutely no black noise I can hear from the players inbuilt dac amp combo. The amp is decently powerful and drives almost everything I own to moderate listening volumes (Including the T50s which are the biggest pain when going portable, but then they dont see outdoors much anyway). I might add an A5 or the likes in the future just to bring out that lower end. But overall the output is good. (What I want to say here is that for most of us out there who are not on this forum i.e. who do not have a compulsion to buy audio gear would be just fine with the output, its just that people like us who know what difference an amp can make will end up getting one even if we dont need one).
The sound is slightly on the warmer side when compared to my two Smsl setups at home. I am not sure yet which one I like more. I dont have a balanced pair of headphones or earphones yet so cannot test that (If someone is willing to lend me a pair I would happily give my opinion :D ) but in general the stereo separation sounds good as tested on my Shp9500. Well thats pretty much all I can think about at the moment.
-Akstorm

ya i agree these days dap's are making come back and there is noticeable difference in sound quality in dap and phone, i have fiio x1 and will upgrade in near future

@arindamcc Audiomax is from ebay.in right?
Seems its very reliable to purchase from them.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Hi Friends,
Finally got my Basic AVR Setup installed in my hometown.

Denon 1300x with POLK TSX 440T Front, Polk 150 Centre, Polk Surround 220, Roarr 108 Sub whoof.

Photos attached...

The icing is, I got all without auditioning; as its 300 km from my city and im deep into client projects, forum info and members was helpful, thanks all.

I shell out Rs. 4000 extra for city delivery and Support engineer to do wiring, fixup, wallmounting, calibration. Which is a cost saver, as 2 days in delhi car travel + decent hotel + food would have costed me around 12K @lol.

Any info to get good music, movies in decent budget, apart than torrents free.

Anyone bought good reclyners / massage chairs ? Brand and Budget

Any tips... will be great

Sushant

Attachments

• IMG_20170415_123148.jpg
    IMG_20170415_123148.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20170415_123122.jpg
    IMG_20170415_123122.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Hi Friends,
Finally got my Basic AVR Setup installed in my hometown.

Denon 1300x with POLK TSX 440T Front, Polk 150 Centre, Polk Surround 220, Roarr 108 Sub whoof.

Photos attached...

The icing is, I got all without auditioning; as its 300 km from my city and im deep into client projects, forum info and members was helpful, thanks all.

I shell out Rs. 4000 extra for city delivery and Support engineer to do wiring, fixup, wallmounting, calibration. Which is a cost saver, as 2 days in delhi car travel + decent hotel + food would have costed me around 12K @lol.

Any info to get good music, movies in decent budget, apart than torrents free.

Anyone bought good reclyners / massage chairs ? Brand and Budget

Any tips... will be great

Sushant

Congratulations, looking good.
Do experiment with front speaker position if feasible. Its a cheapest trick to enhance the audio experience.

Also put a thick centre mat or carpet till listening position which is a must.

Last edited:
Got SMSL AD18 amp from AliExpress , after much deliberation, hadn't critically listened to one of those, wanted to give a try. 45w/8ohm is quite reasonable IMHO.

56036f64a05b7de0246cc1ca1fef54ce.jpg

Looks so puny in front my other two amps, but don't let looks deceive you...

62ae495361b21e472f6b161a247efb36.jpg

Just connected and played once, its pretty good in fact, needs some critical listening though. Thought I'll share my experience here, now seems like it warrants a separate review thread. Will keep everyone posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back