Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Congrats..How much did it cost? Duties if any?

10k (Rs 1200 customs included) not a bad deal IMHO.

Got RP1 delivered as well, playing the ARR vinyl, Rega distributer helped me to set it up in less than 10min. Very clean vocals, non tiring smooth sound is very likeable. So far so good. Let's see.

e3e5a7afadb0bc61a861b01a1506f2e2.jpg

10k (Rs 1200 customs included) not a bad deal IMHO.

Got RP1 delivered as well, playing the ARR vinyl, Rega distributer helped me to set it up in less than 10min. Very clean vocals, non tiring smooth sound is very likeable. So far so good. Let's see.

e3e5a7afadb0bc61a861b01a1506f2e2.jpg
10K is very good price incl of duties...

Congrats on the RP1..

10K is very good price incl of duties...

Congrats on the RP1..

You're the main reason for myself getting interested in low cost amps, I'll update anyway as it's planned to be used as a secondary setup for bedroom . Let's see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're the main reason for myself getting interested in low cost amps, I'll update anyway as it's planned to be used as a secondary setup for bedroom . Let's see how it goes.

[emoji1] It better serve you good..Having used it, i can firmly say these are very good products for the money..

Looking forward to your hands on experience [emoji106]

Hi all

Bought Yamaha Rx-V681 received a couple of days back.
34686323456_1ca566f267_n.jpg
[/url]
NOW Hunt for Speakers.. 1st 2 channel... thinking of
Bookshelf Speakers
1.) Elac debut B6 or B5
2.) Wharfedale Diamond 225
3.) Taga Harmony Platinum B-40

Suggestions from Forum members would be great

Room Size 17x14

Hello guys,
Just joined the forum.
Purchased Cambridge Audio Minx Xi for 47,000 in Oct,2016.
Added Cambridge Audio Minx XL speakers to it for 18,000.
Connected my old Apple Airport Express to Minx Xi using Digital Optical cable and using my phone to stream music using AirPlay.

Attachments

• IMG_2781.jpg
    IMG_2781.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_2786.jpg
    IMG_2786.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_2778.jpg
    IMG_2778.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 410
Hi ,
Glad to inform have gotten the The Tekton Pendragons full range speakers yesterday .
Whilst moving to the US , could not carry the then audio set up which still remains in India . As I settled in the new job and saved some $$ , started research on the next audio set up until someone from this forum suggested to have a look at Audiogon and check some deals . That advise was a learning curve and after interacting with other members on Audiogon and with a little research here and there , found a good amount of US local audio makers including some starts ups and designers , including Tekton design's Eric Alexander . The Lore Mini Lore was the first speaker I could afford at that time , and became a part of the modest audio setup . The reviews were great and is still the most loved budget speaker.

The Pendragons were later added as a new product . The specs will make one desire to own them immediately . The reviews later started to be printed and all gave this speaker pair a thumbs up . Had decided , would have the pair when I have space . These are huge in Size . Frankly WAF/ other financial priorities have held me off from buying a new pair until this add came up for a pre- owned pair just 50 miles away . With Quick negotiation , demo and renegotiation , sealed the deal . Ofcourse they are preowned but they sound as good and are very satisfying, much better than what I have head so far .

Tekton Website: Pendragons :Pendragon - TektonDesign LLC

The sound : The guy who sold me also had the Wisdoms ( had never heard of this brand) The Wisdoms were better in the highs and upper mids and with more clarity in that range , The demo actually turned out as to what am I missing in the Pendragons. The Wisdoms are pricey and have their own excellence areas but overall the Pendragons are definitely satisfying .
After connecting up and playing first two tracks , felt I could switch off the sub. These don't require a sub . They go nice and low . The later two tracks confirmed , my decision was right . Very revealing !!
Will stop here , write up is looking too long for a "post your new purchase " Topic.
Attaching some photos - 1)Size Comparison between Mini Lore and Pendragons.
2)The set up with the Pendragons .

Thanks,

Attachments

• Pendragons3.jpg
    Pendragons3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 398
  • Pendragons.jpg
    Pendragons.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Hi All,

Once the Audio system love bug bites i think its hard to say - "This is It".

In Jan 2017 when i bought Wharfedale Diamond 230 for my Onkyo TX SR 576 I thought - I have arrived at my dream system, I need no more.

But as time went i was curious how a Stereo Exclusive amplifier will sound with my Wharfedale Diamond 230. The curiosity grew as i came across different store owners / online music enthusiasts (Audiophiles). Because these peoples always made statement - "A Stereo Amp will sound better than a AV Receiver". So again the Dream grew in my mind, we must get a Stereo amplifier. The big mistake i did was - I should have listened to a mid segment stereo setup before coming to the conclusion of getting a stereo amplifier, because only then i could have understood the difference between AVR & Stereo, Otherwise i was driven only by online review / forum posts / few sales rep i met.

I never used my AVR for surround sound music it was run on 2.0 or 2.1 mode. So after some online gyan i decided to go for any 1 of these: Marantz PM8005 / NAD 356 / Onkyo 9070. Onkyo i rejected because i already heard its sound signature thru AVR (its very good no doubt), then out of Marantz and NAD i got carried away by Marantz book specs. And bought Marantz PM 8005. Upper mid priced stereo amp availability is a issue you will have to wait for 1.5 to 2 months to get one. Very happy with my Marantz PM 8005.
Lets hope this is it :):clapping::eek:hyeah:

Attachments

• 20170519_200943small.jpg
    20170519_200943small.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 352
Hi All,

Once the Audio system love bug bites i think its hard to say - "This is It".

In Jan 2017 when i bought Wharfedale Diamond 230 for my Onkyo TX SR 576 I thought - I have arrived at my dream system, I need no more.

But as time went i was curious how a Stereo Exclusive amplifier will sound with my Wharfedale Diamond 230. The curiosity grew as i came across different store owners / online music enthusiasts (Audiophiles). Because these peoples always made statement - "A Stereo Amp will sound better than a AV Receiver". So again the Dream grew in my mind, we must get a Stereo amplifier. The big mistake i did was - I should have listened to a mid segment stereo setup before coming to the conclusion of getting a stereo amplifier, because only then i could have understood the difference between AVR & Stereo, Otherwise i was driven only by online review / forum posts / few sales rep i met.

I never used my AVR for surround sound music it was run on 2.0 or 2.1 mode. So after some online gyan i decided to go for any 1 of these: Marantz PM8005 / NAD 356 / Onkyo 9070. Onkyo i rejected because i already heard its sound signature thru AVR (its very good no doubt), then out of Marantz and NAD i got carried away by Marantz book specs. And bought Marantz PM 8005. Upper mid priced stereo amp availability is a issue you will have to wait for 1.5 to 2 months to get one. Very happy with my Marantz PM 8005.
Lets hope this is it :):clapping::eek:hyeah:
Congratulations. Hope u r enjoying ur stereo system.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. Wasn't content and satisfied with the 2 Channel Stereo performance/quality of the Yamaha RX-V377/HTR-3067 HT setup so bought a dedicated Stereo Amp for music listening.

Stereo setup includes -

Marantz CD-6006
Wharfedale Diamond 225
Sony BDP-S1500
Google Chromecast Audio
Belkin Spike
V-Guard Digi 200

HT setup includes -

BenQ W3000
Inlight Projector Screen 8X6
Hi-Shock DLP Link 3D Glasses
Yamaha RX-V377/HTR-3067
Yamaha NS-333
Yamaha NS-P51
Yamaha NS-SW050
PlayStation 4 Pro
Amazon Fire TV Stick
Belkin Spike
V-Guard Digi 200

Now happy with both these setups, one entirely for the movies and one for music!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Hunt for subwoofer ends. Enter XTZ sub 8.17.

Guys, 3 months back started home theater journey with Yamaha HTR3067 and Polk signature series S15, S35 and OWM3. For subwoofer waited for sometime, to increase the budget and was not decided also about which one to go for. Demoed Polk PSW 110 which was not adding anything to my main speakers and DSW 550 which was definitely much better but bit 'boomy'. Reviews of amplifier failing in Polk subwoofers were also confusing.

Last 3 months listened to 5.0 setup. It was a big improvement over my previous computer speakers. For music the subwoofer was not missed but for movies and serials (action scenes) it was missed badly. I have a small room 10X12 ft. So was looking for a sub with small footprint within 30k preferably.

In the hunt for sub listened to Sonodyne Roarr 1108, 1210, Wharfedale D10, Sunfire SDS8, and the famed SVS SB1000 and PB1000s. Interestingly, when I listened to Sunfire SDS8 (8 incher with auxiliary bass radiator) and SB1000 one after another in a stereo setup, the Sunfire performed much better. It was costing 41k while the SVS 48.5k. In another movie setup, the PB1000 outperformed SB1000. Was almost fixing my mind on the Sunfire but budget was the limiting factor.

Next some more research and came to know from AVSforums US that RSL speedwoofer 10 is the hot favourite in USA in $399 range and giving SVS a run for money. Corresponded with RSL and found that the have an ebay international store from which can be ordered at $435 shipping included (duties extra). But couldn't risk ordering from US without warranty. Other new favourites are the Emotiva BasX series which have been recently launched. Asked Acoustic arts, official distributor in India, said that will be available Mid May. They have a dealer in Kolkata but I didn't think they will have them for demo soon. Didn't get good feedback from them while I enquired about SVS and velodyne subs for demo earlier. Otherwise Emotiva BasX 10 at 32k MRP is a good bet in this price.

Now research moved to AVforums UK. Their current favourites are two companies I never heard of before, BK (British company) and XTZ (Swedish). Visited corresponding websites and found out that BK has no distributor in India but XTZ has one - Surround Swar in Chennai. Emailed to them and found about prices and availability. They didn't have dealer in Kolkata but could ship directly. XTZ 8.17 fit my requirements perfectly.
This is the product page XTZ SUB 8.17 Activ-Subwoofer - XTZ Sound in Balance.

Frequency extension looked good for an 8 inch sub with amplification of 200 watt RMS and small footprint were all good for me. There are quite a few tuning options like two pluggable ports tuned differently, 3 EQ settings, etc. So in one sub you get sealed, one port open (left port open and right open have different characteristics as they are tuned differently), and both port open options. Price quoted was 31k with shipping. So went ahead and booked it. Ultimately after listening to all these subwoofers, purchased something without audition. Was pretty tense regarding the final outcome.
Finally the sub arrived yesterday via Fedex. Fit and finish excellent. Blends in my existing setup well. Hooked it up, EQ reference and left port open configuration, played a few songs and immediately found the difference. Then played John Wick chapter 2 on bluray and gosh! The bass was tremendous. All the car collisions, gunshots, explosions, kicks and punches came alive. Looking forward to some more improvement after burn-in.

I have attached some pictures below.

Attachments

• IMG_20170515_194423.jpg
    IMG_20170515_194423.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_20170515_194741.jpg
    IMG_20170515_194741.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_20170603_073605.jpg
    IMG_20170603_073605.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_20170603_073619.jpg
    IMG_20170603_073619.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_20170603_073637.jpg
    IMG_20170603_073637.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 338
Congrats, I think you are the first bought this sub. Would you mind if we ask for a detailed review about the sub interms of movie/stereo?

Well finally I own an Oppo, and it's the UDP-205. I bought this keeping music in mind too. While I have set it up, I think a few more sittings would give me a fair idea of the sound. Though must admit, my first impression is quite good. So for now I'll just share some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_2333.jpg
    IMG_2333.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_2338.jpg
    IMG_2338.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 305
Terrible, congratulations. Could u share us the price and where u bought it? Ofcourse its the top notch player but it will be good if u share us about the performance.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Terrible, congratulations this is killer purchase man. Could u share us the price and where u bought it? Ofcourse its the top notch player but it will be good if u share us about the performance.

Terrible, congratulations. Could u share us the price and where u bought it? Ofcourse its the top notch player but it will be good if u share us about the performance.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thank you Vinoth. The price for me was 1.25 from oppodigital.in.

Off the bat, the sound is very good, both, stereo through RCA as well as HDMI (audio). As for visuals, I don't think I'll be needing madVR and lav filters combo anymore.

Thank you Vinoth. The price for me was 1.25 from oppodigital.in.

Off the bat, the sound is very good, both, stereo through RCA as well as HDMI (audio). As for visuals, I don't think I'll be needing madVR and lav filters combo anymore.

I got the Oppo 205 as well around a 10 days ago . Still got to hook them up

Got the Yamaha R N602 Network Receiver :yahoo:! Fantastic device, I'm hooked to the Internet radio! There's so much music and so many connectivity options. Still burning in, but the sound is superb and i hope it'll only get better! It's very easy to set up and connect to the network and the music cast app offers so much convenience.

Attachments

• AF087E00-83D1-4D43-94C4-E1DA3833327FL0001.jpg
    AF087E00-83D1-4D43-94C4-E1DA3833327FL0001.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 351
  • E85E68C8-D426-4F7F-8D12-53C14619A6E4L0001.jpg
    E85E68C8-D426-4F7F-8D12-53C14619A6E4L0001.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 349
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back