Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

thanks naturelover - the TV stand i have placed the speaker is solid. However, are you suggesting i place them on separate stands? will there be any difference sonically?
Definitely. In any case, turntable and speakers on the same surface is not good.
Also, if you can, try and play with speaker placement after getting stands.

Definitely. In any case, turntable and speakers on the same surface is not good.
Also, if you can, try and play with speaker placement after getting stands.

Thanks much - I agree especially with the turntable. Will check out for proper stands over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purchased Fiio Q1 Mark 2 IOS / Apple DAC .

Hello,

Background: I travel a lot on business and over all there is an international travel every month .
As a frequent traveler , I have my entertainment kit as every one : Active NC head phones-3 Nos - must have , viz 1) Of course the legendary Bose QC 25 2) PSB M4U NC - Better sounding than the Bose with similar NC 3) Velodyne NC : Don't use much as its not up to the mark , emotional buy and complete waste IMHO .

Music Source :Apple I phone 6 S- 64 Gb : dedicated as a music player .

Head Phone AMP: Use an inexpensive but very capable Head phone amp, the Fiio A3 E11K for travels and for that extra oomph on flights . Lately , when the upgrade bug hit, the natural choice was to check for a Blue tooth NC, like the Bose NC35 or the Sony 1000X (which is very promising with capable performance & the deals going around). However , did I really require an Headphone change? No . Can a Blue tooth HD sound better than a wired ? Decided to give the Bose a makeover with upgraded cables ( Nice braided one) new ear and foam pads . Plenty options available on Ebay .

The missing link : Can a DAC be an answer . The onboard DAC on the iphone is itself very good and very few makers have a DAC for IOS until I read about the Q1 Mk2 IOS DAC. Its affordable but reviews were not to be found as its a relatively new product .

Price :$100 . You get all cables (incl usb/OTG cable) and accessories including a nice pouch . All this in $100 , WoW! Not to forget clamping bands for stacking.

Fit/Finish : Great AL Chassis. Nice rounded corners. The power button has a nice click . Fit and finish up to mark . Nice paint work . Slim and smaller than a pack of cards , may be CC size . However the bass boost and gain switch are miniscule and a little problem to operate .

Performance: And this thing does its job well with 384kHz/32bit decoding as well as native DSD converting up to DSD256. There is no jitter from a iphone any way but when you connect this you hear noticeable difference - viz the background is quieter , Sound seems fuller with added punchiness.
The iOS upgrades now and often and the DAC is able to handle the upgrades and stay connected. So far so good. This is one issue that will keep on bothering .Believe Its predecessor was a victim of this .

Improvization: Now when things were appearing to look pretty , added the E11 HD phone amp after the DAC . This added amplification further improved the sound stage especially when listing at low volumes, the vocals were clear and really enjoyed the guitar plucks etc . Had never so much enjoyed music whilst traveling and at home .
Head phones used - all of above plus Audio technica M50 . Downside : the gear is like a small brick stack. The phone , DAC and the AMP . Have to keep them charged , all of them .

Over all a good buy and recommended .
Thanks,

Attachments

• Fiio Ipone dac 2.jpg
    Fiio Ipone dac 2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Fiio Iphone dac.jpg
    Fiio Iphone dac.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Purchased pioneer vsx 930 unused box pack for 29k and jamo s606 pair for 30k unused
Searching for center speaker

Thanks much - I agree especially with the turntable. Will check out for proper stands over the weekend.

Hi Karthik you could also further use something like the stillpoints isolators for your turntable to eliminate any further interference due to vibrations. Further more you could also look at keeping your TT on an inert surface like granite.
Happy listening!
Cheers!
Anand

STEREO: Transrotor zet 1 TT, Transrotor 8.2 MC reference phono stage, Ortofon rondo red cartridge, MSB Platinum iv DAC, MSB DATA TRANSPORT iv CD transport, mola mola Kaluga power amplifiers, Transparent audio Ultra cables and interconnects, Transparent audio premium USB cable, Transparent audio Reference Power cables Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive, Mac book air with Roon, Joseph Audio Perspectives Floor standers, Stillpoints Aperture Acoustic panels, Stillpoints Ultra mini isolators, Blue jeans CAT6a cables. Transparent Audio Power isolators MM2.

HT1: Optoma HD 82 projector, I box media player, Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive, Anthem MRX 500 AV receiver, B & W center & DALI surrounds, REL T5 subwoofer.

HT2: Panasonic 42' Plasma, Monitor audio Radius R250 center and front speakers, Radius R90 surrounds and radius R360 subwoofer. Dune & Zappiti media players and pioneer BDP 140 blu ray player.

Purchased Last Month :
- Parasound ZDAC (pre-owned)
- Schiit Magni-3 (new)
- Sennheiser HD650 (new)
Purchased Last week : ELAC-Debut-B6 Speaker Pair (new)

Bought Schiit Modi Multibit from Schiit Audio USA. This is a upgrade from inbuilt DAC of Marantz PM6006. The sound quality has improved by miles!
9075c443b6e290620a9a99e1830adb29.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back