Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Wow ..congratulations ...any specific reason for sb16 instead of pb-16

Rajith

Couple of reasons why i went in with the SB 16 instead of the PB 16

Sealed subs are always more accurate and faster than ported atleast to my ears .
Yes there is a small sacrifice of maximum SPL and low end extension. However considering each SB16 ultra has 1500 watt RMS amps and a pair would have in excess of 1 kilowatt peaks. I would be impossible for me to ever want more power in our medium size Indian rooms. I can assert that even large rooms would not need anything more
Also considering that my Von Schweikert Speakers have a 10 inch sub each in a quasi transmission line enclosure that goes down to 25 hz -3db
The SVS subs would be crossed at around 40hz with 24db slope considering the narrow bandwidth the subs would be operating the Sealed version made more sense

Considering room gain with Sealed Subs I am sure I would hit around 10 - 13hz in the low end. Due to travel i have not had time to take in room measurements with REW. But I am pretty sure it would hit the above mark

i have a Servo Rythmik FV15HP ported Sub as well as a pair of Rythmik F15HP Sealed Servo subs and they are fairly highly regarded audiophile subs and go down to 12hz and have 600 watt RMS amps. the Ported is a beast in terms of sheer output. but the sealed is way more accurate and blends better with the main speakers
Sealed are just more tuneful, stop at a dime and lower levels of group delay and ringing in deep bass

Rajith

Sealed subs are always more accurate and faster than ported atleast to my ears .
Yes there is a small sacrifice of maximum SPL and low end extension. However considering each SB16 ultra has 1500 watt RMS amps and a pair would have in excess of 1 kilowatt peaks. I would be impossible for me to ever want more power in our medium size Indian rooms. I can assert that even large rooms would not need anything more
Also considering that my Von Schweikert Speakers have a 10 inch sub each in a quasi transmission line enclosure that goes down to 25 hz -3db
The SVS subs would be crossed at around 40hz with 24db slope considering the narrow bandwidth the subs would be operating the Sealed version made more sense

Considering room gain with Sealed Subs I am sure I would hit around 10 - 13hz in the low end. Due to travel i have not had time to take in room measurements with REW. But I am pretty sure it would hit the above mark

i have a Servo Rythmik FV15HP ported Sub as well as a pair of Rythmik F15HP Sealed Servo subs and they are fairly highly regarded audiophile subs and go down to 12hz and have 600 watt RMS amps. the Ported is a beast in terms of sheer output. but the sealed is way more accurate and blends better with the main speakers
Sealed are just more tuneful, stop at a dime and lower levels of group delay and ringing in deep bass[/QUO

Thank u .... r u going to run the four subs .. Sure u will rock the LFE...ha ..ha..wow waiting for ur reviews

Hi Vinoth - Have you decided on your purchase? Did you audition the KEF and Dali which you were considering?
Hi Karthik,

Arcam officials themselves suggested to look for KEF R/Reference and Revel speakers to audition as these were giving perfect results for them in testing. Just auditioned KEF R700 and I am more into it. But still have to try ATC and Dali. Unfortunately shops dont have Opticons for demo :(

Rajith

Sealed are just more tuneful, stop at a dime and lower levels of group delay and ringing in deep bass
Hey flash
So what model of sub u recommend..svs or rhythmic for movies?

R
Hi Karthik,

Arcam officials themselves suggested to look for KEF R/Reference and Revel speakers to audition as these were giving perfect results for them in testing. Just auditioned KEF R700 and I am more into it. But still have to try ATC and Dali. Unfortunately shops dont have Opticons for demo :(

I liked the KEF R700 - it was punchy and nice. You should be able to check out Revel in Decibels.

The A7's go quite low . so basically u need a sub/subs for 40hz and below
if budget permits Dual PB 2000 or else Dual PB 1000..

Go in for Duals instead of a single sub ... It much more bang for the buck than a single big sub.

U will have a better frequency responsive irrespective where u are sitting in the room

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back