Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Since I couldn't find any specific thread for cables review I'll post my purchase here itself as many people look for speakers cables on low budget.
Got amazon basics 14gauge 99.9% ofc speaker cable. I have used many amazon basics products and they all have always proved to be good for the money.
Forgot to take pics of the wire but they were thin stranded and quite soft unlike the wires we use in electrical wiring.

Attachments

• IMG-20181002-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20181002-WA0004.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG-20181002-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20181002-WA0005.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 33
Was not posting in this for some time... recent upgrades
Sub - moved to SVS PB1000
Speaker upgrade -
Fronts - Polk RTi A3
Surrounds , Atmos - Polk RTi A1

Now the room is really a movie house :)

Congrats. How much did it cost you and from where? I myself am thinking to go in this direction for the first time.
Got it from dealer in Chennai - audioholic for 69k .
Benq w1050 was also in my contention (59k) but went with viewsonic since it boasts a minimal 16ms lag which is good for gaming . And better luminance over the benq. The Benq however is much better as a full fledged movie projector since it has a better contrast ratio and better color reproduction

Got it from dealer in Chennai - audioholic for 69k .
Benq w1050 was also in my contention (59k) but went with viewsonic since it boasts a minimal 16ms lag which is good for gaming . And better luminance over the benq. The Benq however is much better as a full fledged movie projector since it has a better contrast ratio and better color reproduction
OK. Thanks for the details.

i recently upgraded my hometheare to dolby atmos.
avr -marantz 8012
height speakers-svs prime elevation
rear surround -svs prime satellite

i had a svs pb13 ultra .now i have ordered a pb4000 to ake it a 7.2.4

Wow thats an impressive list. Congratulations.

Are you going to keep the pb13? Do post pictures of your setup.

MaSh

It would be quite louder I guess. I couldn't tolerate my PC12plus with default gain level (Volume knob at 20db). I always use it at 23
Not really .They are 8 inch subs with twin port . More then loudness they focus on fast agile bass response . am using 2 of them still I wouldn't call them as loud

I was completely immersed in cycling....so much so that I dismantled my open baffles and sold Marantz PM 6002 few years ago because I had no time for music.

I am still cycling but decided to give time for music too.... at least 30 mon a day. So bought another Marantz. This time PM 5005. I knew Marantz sound. So purchase was pretty fast.

Speakers: searched a lot on line. Auditions were tough here in Goa. I was thinking about Mission LX2 or something similar but ultimately went for completely different choice. Ahuja SRX200 speaker

Source: my desktop PC using VLC player. EQ on with 2nd pass filter.

Now about speaker choice:

Many eyebrows will be raised here after reading Ahuja name on audiophile forum. However my OBs were based on Ahuja FR drivers. So I knew they sound good. + Ahuja website give driver TS parameters too with recommended enclosures. So hopefully they know their stuff. The speaker has a 12" full range driver and a Piezo tweeter. Most probably there is no XO and there is only a high pass filter for Tweeter (Ahuja mentions XO frequency for speakers having mid/bass drivers but not for speakers with Full range drivers. I have sent e mail to them about XO, yet to get reply). Piezo was another thing that is not considered 'audiophile'. Somehow these Piezos are very nice. Cymbals and high hats of drums sound spot on (I used to learn drums so I know their natural sound). No shrill sound at all. Even the fading off sound of those cymbals is perfect.

Speaker sensitivity is a very nice 97db/w. So I don't have to push volume dial beyond 10 o'clock position

Sound: Day 1 was disappointing in Bass department. Mids and highs were nice. They were used for 2 hrs daily for 3 days using different music types. Slight changes in speaker placement were done (toeing in and tilt). From Day 3 speakers improved ...a lot. I am happy with the choice. Thoroughly enjoying 30 mins of music daily at night. These Speakers sing.
2 songs: Radha kaise na jale (starting music piece)from Lagan and Hotel California 1994 version....got goosebumps while listening .Yet to test them for movies.

Anyone from forum Visiting Panaji(Goa) is welcome to listen to the set up.

I was completely immersed in cycling....so much so that I dismantled my open baffles and sold Marantz PM 6002 few years ago because I had no time for music<snip>I am happy with the choice. Thoroughly enjoying 30 mins of music daily at night. These Speakers sing.
2 songs: Radha kaise na jale (starting music piece)from Lagan and Hotel California 1994 version....got goosebumps while listening .Yet to test them for movies.

Anyone from forum Visiting Panaji (Goa) is welcome to listen to the set up.

How do you have them placed. Look up HK/Limage. Try it out regardless of how impractical it may seem to keep it in that position (and I have them there much to my wife's total disgust). I am working with a different kind of dipole but the principles are the same

Would be great to visit Goa, some day maybe. Been wanting to cycle the coast for a while now.

ciao
gr

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back