Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Thanks Bizi. Rethm claims 30hz, but I am not sure. It does not quite have the punch at the low end, maybe because the bass fires downwards instead of firing to the front, if this makes any sense. But I find it to be adequate.

Thanks Bizi. Rethm claims 30hz, but I am not sure. It does not quite have the punch at the low end, maybe because the bass fires downwards instead of firing to the front, if this makes any sense. But I find it to be adequate.
Hi
Congratulations on your new acquisition. You must be very happy with this big guys. BTW which amp have you been using with this speakers? and also what are your sources?
Regards

Thanks Bhaskar, actually I bought them used from a felloe member. Yes I am happy with these, though have not able to spend much time listening to them.
I am currently using my old Marantz pm 6005, no money left to upgrade these at the moment. Maybe will go for a DIY tube integrated in due course. The source is all digital, I have a Allo digione player connected through coaxial, flac files through usb and spotify.

Last edited:
Thanks brother for your valuable feedback

Thanks Bhaskar, actually I bought them used from a felloe member. Yes I am happy with these, though have not able to spend much time listening to them.
I am currently using my old Marantz pm 6005, no money left to upgrade these at the moment. Maybe will go for a DIY tube integrated in due course. The source is all digital, I have a Allo digione player connected through coaxial, flac files through usb and spotify.
Thanks for sharing. I have also that amp pairing with wharefedal diamond but my sources are TT and DVD player.
Regards

The missus wanted to do some voice overs/ narrations - so got a rode nt-1a microphone with the focusrite scarlet2i2 preamp. Had a small closet to convert, and hence got some acoustic stuff from MMT (bass trap/ foam etc). Then a 27 inch monitor and finally a 1T AC to catch up some lost breath. been heavy on the pocket and all that was saved during the pandemic by not doing anything at all and staying home. Will post pics later once it is all done. The elder daughter plays some violin and hope to record.

Since May'20...

Used Tannoy Xt6f from a forum member here
Proac Tablette Signature series new
Cambridge Audio CXA81 new
Denon 3600h used
Rel HT1205 new
Sennheiser HD 600 new
Hifiman Arya used
Rocket 22 audioquest used
160 meters of Belden 8473 new
Bucket loads of adapters and interconnect cables
2 Google Chromecast Audio. New from Dubai

That's it. This madness needs to stop!
Since the madness continued...added tannoy minis, tannoy center channel, second ht 1205, 14 pairs of monoprice angled banana plugs! Now I'm on cup noodles diet for the next 12 months to recover financially!

Since the madness continued...added tannoy minis, tannoy center channel, second ht 1205, 14 pairs of monoprice angled banana plugs! Now I'm on cup noodles diet for the next 12 months to recover financially!
By Tannoy minis, do you mean Autograph Mini?

I used a very normal $100 BD Player from Panasonic for playing my audio CDs but the spinning noise/sound was always a distraction. Then I spotted this bulky and heavy player from Denon model of which is DVD 2500 BTCI. This is just a transport with only HDMI. Yes, this resolved my problem; I do not hear any spinning noise anymore but the surprising bonus was that playback quality improved too. So, another example for me to believe that bits aren't just bits :).

1608950044662.png

And then, I was so impressed with my dCS Puccini u-Clock that as soon as I found Rossini clock in the used market, grabbed it. As for performance, as expected, music is more palpable more haunting more exciting as ever. It has come to a level where I find hard to describe it. But what I can guarantee is that all the digitals I have had in past, I do not think they were true to source or soul of the music (if I may become poetic here :))

1608950342402.png

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back