Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Denon PMA2500NE
That's a really nice amp Kumar. Congratulation. I had the opportunity of extended listening sessions with it during lock-down. Nitpicking - is there anything that you DO NOT like about the amp? What speakers and source are you pairing it with? Are you using inbuilt DAC or an external one?

Got The Rontek Power conditioner, Aviron HTS one...
Thanks for the post. I'm also looking for a Power Conditioner to handle my TV, AVR & Dual Subs. I'm moving to a new home where there is a power issue and most part of the time, the society runs in diesel generators. So am worried about the equipment.

Planning to replace the UPS with a Power Conditioner.

A couple of queries...
1. In their site the HTS one says either 1KVA or 2KVA. How come you got the 7KVA one? Was it a custom order?
2. For my requirements I guess a 2 KVA should be more than enough to run the equipment in the signature, what do you think?
3. Do you have a contact to whom I can reach out to?

This Yamaha network audio streamer was being binned by the last owner so I decided to pick it up. Free. 8 years old, built like a tank and it works well. This is a device from the early days of streaming. No fancy Tidal, etc business going on here. The only way you can play music is via the network so I've got it talking to my computer on the same network. The only input source is wired ethernet. Mobile application is fiddly and not easy to use. I guess Yamaha stopped development. I just use my laptop as the playback control device. I've not tried too many genres of music. For the few that I have listened such as The Milk Carton Kids from HD Tracks, sound is smooth and laid back, which is a surprise for a Yamaha. Its got a sonic signature that's easy on your ears. I've always been a bit reluctant to buy anything Yamaha. After hearing this network audio player, I won't think again. Excellent stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20201208_184940.jpg
    IMG_20201208_184940.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20201208_185016.jpg
    IMG_20201208_185016.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 88
Thanks for the post. I'm also looking for a Power Conditioner to handle my TV, AVR & Dual Subs. I'm moving to a new home where there is a power issue and most part of the time, the society runs in diesel generators. So am worried about the equipment.

Planning to replace the UPS with a Power Conditioner.

A couple of queries...
1. In their site the HTS one says either 1KVA or 2KVA. How come you got the 7KVA one? Was it a custom order?
2. For my requirements I guess a 2 KVA should be more than enough to run the equipment in the signature, what do you think?
3. Do you have a contact to whom I can reach out to?
2.5kva is basic one
7.5kva is the higher version
You can Contact Jacob Abraham 9845047290

Got lucky. Twice!
1. Bought USED Cary Audio Cinema 1 monoblocks with a matching Cary cinema 11 pre.
These are old but still create a SUBSTANTIAL sound-stage to fill my living area.
2. Bought the Quad S2 bookshelves from a lovely gentleman here on the forum.
Been using them for my bedroom setup, paired with the SMSL AD18 DAC+ Amp.
They dint do well in my living room, but providing them with the confinement of my bedroom they have come alive. They play loud and sound musical even with this mini digital amplifier.
Cheers.

2.5kva is basic one
7.5kva is the higher version
You can Contact Jacob Abraham 9845047290
Spoke to knowledgeable Jacob and he suggested to get the "AViRON- HT" which seems to be a new model and I got the 3.5kVA one.
Spent ₹21,900 and warranty is 2 years.

• The input is a non-removable cord with a 5A plug.
  • Dimensions are 435x89x305mm.

During the discussion, we both agreed that UPS is not the right way to protect the equipment since the switching can result in some disturbance in case of line interactive UPS and in-case of online if it is not a pure sine way again the equipment might get affected. But we also did agree that most of the equipment has a good level of fault tolerance.

Thank you very much of posting about the Power Conditioner, I was looking to get a Furman one but they were too pricey and was not sure about after-sales service.

Last edited:
Spoke to knowledgeable Jacob and he suggested to get the "AViRON- HT" which seems to be a new model and I got the 3.5kVA one.
Spent ₹21,900 and warranty is 2 years
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the AViRON-HT does not have in-built UPS right? Nothing like that was mentioned on their website

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back