Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Brought Polk HTS-12 Subwoofer from Profx Bangalore today in exchange for my old PSW110 that had gone bad. Yet to unbox it.
Original intent was to get a SVS that was on sale by an ex FM for a great price.
Sadly was in a different city and the logistics did not work out despite my best effort.
Will keep you posted on how my hts-12 breaks in. I am mostly 50% movies (from my dvd/bd/NF/Prime) and 50% music (old badly done mp3s from Ilayaraja) Any tips on setting up the hts-12, please do let me know

Spoke to knowledgeable Jacob and he suggested to get the "AViRON- HT" which seems to be a new model and I got the 3.5kVA one.
Spent ₹21,900 and warranty is 2 years.

• The input is a non-removable cord with a 5A plug.
  • Dimensions are 435x89x305mm.

During the discussion, we both agreed that UPS is not the right way to protect the equipment since the switching can result in some disturbance in case of line interactive UPS and in-case of online if it is not a pure sine way again the equipment might get affected. But we also did agree that most of the equipment has a good level of fault tolerance.

Thank you very much of posting about the Power Conditioner, I was looking to get a Furman one but they were too pricey and was not sure about after-sales service.
Try invention audio too before making a decision

Got an LPS for the source (Mac Mini retrofitted with Uptone Audio MMK).

LPS brings some substantial improvements vs a ₹500 laptop SMPS that I was using for the interim:
1. Bigger soundstage
2. Cleaner more natural sounding highs
3. Sweeter and more coherent presentation
4. Deeper, tighter and better controlled bass
5. Much better control over soundstage
6. Bit more warmer vocals with more weight and texture
7. Better timbre
8. Better micro detail

cleaner power brings in major improvements

With reference to my wanted thread https://www.hifivision.com/threads/vacuum-tube-preamp.83412/... this is the LITTLE DOT MKiv tube pre i acquired.
One 6H30P tube got damaged in shipping. So, i ordered a pair of Electro-Harmonix 6H30Pi Gold from eBay, which i will be getting next month... as a bridge gap arrangement i got these 6922 locally.

Also, i fabricated the tube damping rings as the seller misplaced them and couldn't locate. Thinking of getting them Gold plated... :)
Just connected the pre for a listen.

1614169096936.jpeg

1614169119309.jpeg

1614169168672.jpeg

With reference to my wanted thread https://www.hifivision.com/threads/vacuum-tube-preamp.83412/... this is the LITTLE DOT MKiv tube pre i acquired.
One 6H30P tube got damaged in shipping. So, i ordered a pair of Electro-Harmonix 6H30Pi Gold from eBay, which i will be getting next month... as a bridge gap arrangement i got these 6922 locally.

Also, i fabricated the tube damping rings as the seller misplaced them and couldn't locate. Thinking of getting them Gold plated... :)
Just connected the pre for a listen.

View attachment 54927

View attachment 54928

View attachment 54930

Congratulations. Enjoy your fav songs.

Nice looking pre-amp, especially the damping rings look cool... does the rings have any influence on sound?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back