Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Posting some pics down below juxtaposed with the REL T9i to give an approximation of the size for those who might be contemplating this behemoth (its grille for the driver is larger than the REL T9i - check image/file name"10"):

Goodness me, that’s almost twice the size of the REL. you also have it in the perfect spot, just place your cocktail down and have it shaken for free!

Posting some pics down below juxtaposed with the REL T9i to give an approximation of the size for those who might be contemplating this behemoth (its grille for the driver is larger than the REL T9i - check image/file name"10"):

Nice Coffee table you got there :p
Can act as a subwoofer for rest purpose.

Enjoy the behemoth!

Nice Coffee table you got there :p
Can act as a subwoofer for rest purpose.
Goodness me, that’s almost twice the size of the REL. you also have it in the perfect spot, just place your cocktail down and have it shaken for free!
Ha Ha! That is exactly what i fear is going to happen!

Which is why, the next order of business is to get a slab of marble/granite/sandstone/(???any other suggestions regarding material and thickness???) to place on top of the subwoofer. A friend is getting his interiors done so the cutting and polishing bit should not pose a problem.

Congrats DB, you may get good tactile feel sitting on that chair next to the sub and it could probably get converted to a massage chair in the heavy bass scenes. Enjoy your sub and pls post your observations.
It's quite big compared to your Rel T9i.
I'm quite pleased to say i have it dialled in almost to a T as the massage is evenly distributed in intensity no matter where one is sat throughout the room :D .

Right off the bat, this thing is epic for theater on a budget! Further observations on the nuances of its performance shall be posted shortly on the dedicated Mission MS450 thread :)

Ha Ha! That is exactly what i fear is going to happen!

Which is why, the next order of business is to get a slab of marble/granite/sandstone/(???any other suggestions regarding material and thickness???) to place on top of the subwoofer. A friend is getting his interiors done so the cutting and polishing bit should not pose a problem.

I'm quite pleased to say i have it dialled in almost to a T as the massage is evenly distributed in intensity no matter where one is sat throughout the room :D .

Right off the bat, this thing is epic for theater on a budget! Further observations on the nuances of its performance shall be posted shortly on the dedicated Mission MS450 thread :)
Considering its features, wattage and driver size, it seems an overall vfm product .

The Mission MS450 has arrived (for those who followed the discussion on the other thread :))

While initially meant for my so-called entertainment room, I've placed it where the REL T9i for my right channel used to reside so that i can run it in.

And run in it has! Started playing tunes on my system (PC>Marantz SR 6013>Cambridge Audio CXA81>Quad S5 - w/ sub fed by LFE out of SR6013) at very low volumes.

I always get caught out by the fact that subs dont play loud right out of the box despite having made a mental note whilst setting up the MS450. As such initially, I had to max out the gain on the Sub to get it to match the Fronts.

Thought it was the length of the cable run (25ft) but after approx 2 hrs of playback at low volumes, the driver loosened up enough for the gain on the sub to be dialled down by 30%. After approx. 10 hrs of playback, it now resides at the halfway mark.

While the subwoofer orientation is far from ideal (i had the REL T9i aimed diagonally at the corner) and neither have i experimented with the positioning at all, the sub is digging down till 22hz before rolling off in my listening position (which is in the center of my room and hence, no boundary reinforcement of bass is involved to get an accentuated response - compared to this, the REL T9i in the same position goes down to 25hz).

View attachment 67490

OMG!!! baby ko bass pasand hai

Picked a pair of these used KEF SP3375. Also known as Kef Eggs. The plan was to used them as surround speakers. After playing them for a little bit, I realized they are quite capable as a main speaker for a small bedroom stereo system. These things sound lovely and pack in a little bass too. For 6000 INR, not too bad. Solid construction too.
Unable to post a second photo due to size constraints

IMG_20220225_153201.jpg

Picked a pair of these used KEF SP3375. Also known as Kef Eggs. The plan was to used them as surround speakers. After playing them for a little bit, I realized they are quite capable as a main speaker for a small bedroom stereo system. These things sound lovely and pack in a little bass too. For 6000 INR, not too bad. Solid construction too.

View attachment 67545
Where from you had sourced these??

Where from you had sourced these??
I live in Wellington, New Zealand. Dealer called WT Audio. An old retired Gentleman running the shop. Its like a a Hi Fi graveyard where everyone who wants to dump their Hi Fi, drops it off here and Bill (The owner) sells it. Unfortunately; he is selling the business as age is catching up with him. Its sad as I sourced some excellent loudspeakers from him. You can buy anything from here and take it back if you do no like it. He will refund, repair or replace as many times as you want. This is how you run a Hi Fi business. You don't really see it as a business. You do it out of passion. If I had the time and financial means, I would have bought the business from him.

Here's what the store looks like. There are no less than 50 pairs of loudspeakers in that photo. Nothing high end here. Once in a while a nice B&W or something similar may come by. He had a lovely B&W CM9 for just Rs. 50,000! (NZD to INR converted). I would have closed my eyes and bought it. I listened to a Wharfedale Evo 2-40. Beautiful looking loudspeaker and thats it. The sound was not a patch to my old B&W DM306. You can see the two Kef Eggs being tested in the distance, on the right, placed atop another loudspeaker. Thats pretty much your listening area and ability to judge. 9/10, I've got it right. I took back an Denon and Onkyo receiver and thats it. Once Bill gets to know you, he points you to the equipment you will like. Not one's you don't or won't care for. Thats attention to detail, for a gentleman who is >75!

Last edited:
I live in Wellington, New Zealand. Dealer called WT Audio. An old retired Gentleman running the shop. Its like a a Hi Fi graveyard where everyone who wants to dump their Hi Fi, drops it off here and Bill (The owner) sells it. Unfortunately; he is selling the business as age is catching up with him. Its sad as I sourced some excellent loudspeakers from him. You can buy anything from here and take it back if you do no like it. He will refund, repair or replace as many times as you want. This is how you run a Hi Fi business. You don't really see it as a business. You do it out of passion. If I had the time and financial means, I would have bought the business from him.

Here's what the store looks like. There are no less than 50 pairs of loudspeakers in that photo. Nothing high end here. Once in a while a nice B&W or something similar may come by. He had a lovely B&W CM9 for just Rs. 50,000! (NZD to INR converted). I would have closed my eyes and bought it. I listened to a Wharfedale Evo 2-40. Beautiful looking loudspeaker and thats it. The sound was not a patch to my old B&W DM306. You can see the two Kef Eggs being tested in the distance, on the right, placed atop another loudspeaker. Thats pretty much your listening area and ability to judge. 9/10, I've got it right. I took back an Denon and Onkyo receiver and thats it. Once Bill gets to know you, he points you to the equipment you will like. Not one's you don't or won't care for. Thats attention to detail, for a gentleman who is >75!
The pic shows huge collection, but sadly couldn’t see items clearly. It will be pleasure if the pic show the gears, I was anxious to see.

View attachment 67545
where did u buy it

where did u buy it

The pic shows huge collection, but sadly couldn’t see items clearly. It will be pleasure if the pic show the gears, I was anxious to see.
There is far too much gear in there for me to take photos of them individually. I can end up sitting there for several hours. I don't have time to do this. Sorry.
My visits are usually quick. I know exactly what I want. I look around, plug them in to listen and if I like it, I buy and leave. I don't hang around there
There are a lot of junk electronics. The usual Low Fi gear. Speakers are the main selling point as the range is good.

The Mission MS450 has arrived (for those who followed the discussion on the other thread
Damn! That is one big sub.
Were you able to audition this sub before purchase? I ask ask Mission's are not as popular as some of the other well known sub names.
Anything with a driver of that size and cabinet usually hints at strong, quality bass and more so if its oversized for a given room.
While its not an apples to apples comparison, be keen to know which sounds better. While its an easy guess as to what takes the crown for quantity of bass, quality is a different ball game. Thats something REL's are known to do better than any other English Hi Fi brand.

Many a times, the feeling that I'm at the wrong place , or possibly in the wrong Timeline:).

Damn! That is one big sub.
Were you able to audition this sub before purchase?
Unfortunately, i couldn't audition. But i needed something cheap and cheerful for my second HT setup and the Mission seemed to fit the bill perfectly as i wasnt expecting much on the quality front at the said price point.
I ask ask Mission's are not as popular as some of the other well known sub names.
Agreed. But they have been in the speaker business long enough to not horribly mess it up. And I'm glad to report that they didn't. Its all a matter of expectations which is inextricably linked to the price. I kept them low considering the price point and I'm thrilled to say that it far exceeded them.
Anything with a driver of that size and cabinet usually hints at strong, quality bass and more so if its oversized for a given room.
Strong? YES! Quality? After you hear a REL, and if your primary requirement is a sub for music, others simply can't do it. And the Mission doesn't do it either. Somehow, the "air" and "atmosphere" you hear with a REL (referring to only one REL T9i) is absent though you can tell that the Mission is pressurising the room far more effectively.
While its not an apples to apples comparison, be keen to know which sounds better.
That's right. Its not a fair contest as the Mission is 40% the cost of the T9i. The REL is miles better for most situations as it's speed, and more importantly, timing is impeccable. You can track every single reverb in bass notes during music which lends a certain three dimensionality and makes the Mission sound almost one note in a back to back comparison. People can't tell that the RELs are playing till i switch them off... And as one FM who visited very aptly put it - "awaaz ka mithaas chala gaya". And this was during a ghazal by jagjit singh where the bass notes didnt dig deep.

Quite simply put, switching off the two REL T9is sounds like you've shaved off a couple of lakhs from your speakers, something which it ought to.

But what a single mission MS450 does for the big ticket scenes during movies, you need two REL T9is to accomplish. And that's high praise indeed.

So much so that while i initially intended the Mission to service my second HT setup, it's simply fantastic for the standalone LFE channel during movies (i have it switched off for music) as it pressurises the room effortlessly.

I have the two T9is connected to the Front L/Rs through high level (during movies, i have the Front set to large in the AVR. For music, i play it through my IA so the signal is always full range).

While its an easy guess as to what takes the crown for quantity of bass, quality is a different ball game.
A single mission MS450 has more driver surface area than two REL T9is (and 400W vs a T9i's 300W). But Two REL T9is get there with respect to quantity. And, with respect to quality, the REL demonstrates that there are levels to this.
Thats something REL's are known to do better than any other English Hi Fi brand.
Any brand I've heard so far irrespective of territory :)

Last edited:
But what a single mission MS450 does for the big ticket scenes during movies, you need two REL T9is to accomplish. And that's high praise indeed.
A large, well braced & designed cabinet, combined with a large driver usually lends itself well for movies more than music. In movies, you want absolute impact and you want them sustained for however long the source pushes it. Larger also helps in the sense that the speaker can be left playing low (as in gain) while still being able to deliver reasonable impact. In music, its more a fill purpose for bass notes that your main loudspeaker can't do. Even if it did, a good sub provides support for the lower octaves of bass that is difficult to reproduce. I jumped on sub's rather late for music so have understood their benefits only in the last year or so.

I guess the REL's also have the added advantage of being sealed + that passive radiator. A killer combination for music.
Thanks for sharing. At the asking price, that Mission sounds like a bargain basement earthquake simulator.

Last edited:
Today I bought Sony Bluray player. BDPS1500. They delivered it within 5 hours of order placing to my home. Watched parts of a cartoon film with the kids "planes fire and rescue" - it is the same as PS4 PQ. Only difference I noticed is that the remote is sleek and nice instead of the console joystick and there is no screensaver activation when frame is paused. Great sound clarity too.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back