Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Picked up Apple TV couple of days back. It’s paired with my LG C9 and I’m surprised with the audio quality from Apple TV apps vs the native apps on tv. The sound is much better with the Apple TV.
great have heard good reviews but I am scared about what boundaries apple will impose...can I run Kodi on this to play my local files as well?

great have heard good reviews but I am scared about what boundaries apple will impose...can I run Kodi on this to play my local files as well?
No it’s not possible to download Kodi. However there seem to be some YouTube videos showing how to do that, try exploring it. I’m fully into streaming so this works best in my case.

Congratulations!
Congratulations..!
And Welcome to compact Box lovers Club..!!:cool::cool:
Thanks!
Enjoy the beast, bro!
And sooo many options on the backplate! Try them all out for the perfect set up. :)
Thanks, I plan to try all possible options! Many controls seem only applicable to Line input though.
You are quiet a tease sir :D
Thanks, sir! I still have an eye out for your white QAcoustics for atmos duties.
Thats quite close to the window glass. Unless that glass is double glazed, you may run into ringing, vibrations, or worse, a crack if you end up playing the system loud. Watch out for this.
I have been wary this. Unfortunately, this is the only place in my small room where subwoofer can fit in. I got the glass recently changed to double-gazed only to reduce outside noise. It made negligible difference to noise, but now I am glad to know that it may help reduce ringing/vibration and crack risk
Congratulations, how much was final price?
Thanks, PMed you.

The Mission MS450 has arrived (for those who followed the discussion on the other thread :))

While initially meant for my so-called entertainment room, I've placed it where the REL T9i for my right channel used to reside so that i can run it in.

And run in it has! Started playing tunes on my system (PC>Marantz SR 6013>Cambridge Audio CXA81>Quad S5 - w/ sub fed by LFE out of SR6013) at very low volumes.

I always get caught out by the fact that subs dont play loud right out of the box despite having made a mental note whilst setting up the MS450. As such initially, I had to max out the gain on the Sub to get it to match the Fronts.

Thought it was the length of the cable run (25ft) but after approx 2 hrs of playback at low volumes, the driver loosened up enough for the gain on the sub to be dialled down by 30%. After approx. 10 hrs of playback, it now resides at the halfway mark.

While the subwoofer orientation is far from ideal (i had the REL T9i aimed diagonally at the corner) and neither have i experimented with the positioning at all, the sub is digging down till 22hz before rolling off in my listening position (which is in the center of my room and hence, no boundary reinforcement of bass is involved to get an accentuated response - compared to this, the REL T9i in the same position goes down to 25hz).

Posting some pics down below juxtaposed with the REL T9i to give an approximation of the size for those who might be contemplating this behemoth (its grille for the driver is larger than the REL T9i - check image/file name"10"):

9.jpg

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    837.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    812.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    753.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    887 KB · Views: 154
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    989.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    756.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    756.6 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
The Mission MS450 has arrived (for those who followed the discussion on the other thread :))

While initially meant for my so-called entertainment room, I've placed it where the REL T9i for my right channel used to reside so that i can run it in.

And run in it has! Started playing tunes on my system (PC>Marantz SR 6013>Cambridge Audio CXA81>Quad S5 - w/ sub fed by LFE out of SR6013) at very low volumes.

I always get caught out by the fact that subs dont play loud right out of the box despite having made a mental note whilst setting up the MS450. As such, initially I had to max out the gain on the Sub to get it to level of the Fronts and I initially thought it was the length of the cable run (25ft).

However, after approx 2 hrs of playback at low volumes, the driver loosened up enough for the gain to be dialled down by 30%. After approx. 10 hrs of playback, it now resides at the halfway mark.

While the subwoofer orientation is far from ideal (i had the REL T9i aimed diagonally at the corner) and neither have i experimented with the positioning at all, the sub is digging down till 22hz before rolling off in my listening position (which is in the center of my room and hence, no boundary reinforcement of bass is involved to get an accentuated response - compared to this, the REL T9i in the same position goes down to 25hz).

Posting some pics down below juxtaposed with the REL T9i to give an approximation of the size for those who might be contemplating this behemoth (its grille for the driver is larger than the REL T9i):

View attachment 67490
Congrats DB, you may get good tactile feel sitting on that chair next to the sub and it could probably get converted to a massage chair in the heavy bass scenes. Enjoy your sub and pls post your observations.
It's quite big compared to your Rel T9i.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back