:Various Artists
-------
Ultimate Demonstration Disc:
*Chesky Records' Guide to Critical Listening
-------
True Audiophile: The Best of Groove Note
Various Artists
-------
The Journey Continues - Relaxing piano for sleep, meditation, and more.
Bradley Joseph
-------
I Dreamed A Dream
Susan Boyle
-------
Tranquility
Various Artists
-------
One Deep Breath - Ethereal, relaxing piano with orchestra
Bradley Joseph
-------
Solo Journey - The most relaxing piano CD in the world
Bradley Joseph, Bradley Joseph
--------
Breathe: The Relaxing Guitar
Peter Maxwell Davies, et al
--------
cannot Breathe: The Relaxing Piano
Claude Debussy, et al
---------
The Most Relaxing Piano Album in the World...Ever!
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, et al
---------
The Most Relaxing Guitar Album in the World... Ever!

^^ Wow what a collection... :thumbsup: Any chance of lending few for a nominal rent:D
BTW what is an XRCD??

Purchased Last week:

1. Amp: Marantz PM5003, 16.5K, at Viola Mumbai. Also tried CA azur 340A, Denon PMA500, Harman/Kardon 3490, Marantz PM4001 - the choice finally boiling down to PM5003 and PM4001. Chose PM5003 as I felt it had better overall clarity. PM6003 was also an option but at about 7K more for a gain of just 5Watts, I thought it wasn't worth the extra bucks.

2. FS Canton LE 170, 27K, at Viola Mumbai. Also tried Polk Audio TSi 300 and 400, Polk Audio RTiA7, MS Aviano 6, Wharfedale 9.5 and 10.5, MA 11L2, Infinity Primus 250, KEF C5, and Mission m35i. Chose the Canton as it paired very well with the Marantz PM5003. The Polk TSi 300 and 400 were a bit lacking in bass though they shone in the mids and highs. The Wharfedales and MS Aviano 6 also sounded quite good, but I didn't like the Infinity Primus 250, KEF C5 or the Mission m35i.

3. Speaker cable - DAC 12AWG OFC - freebie from the dealer. CD player-Amp cable - already had an MX Component cable so using that for now.

Need to Buy: CDp - kind of shortlisted Marantz CD6003 but not available in stock. Any pointers to availability in Mumbai - highly welcome.

Thanks,
Joshua

@ Vinod bhai
how i wish i could use that room on a regular basis, once back from work the bedroom rack with Quad Pre-Power+Marantz SACD Player serve best with mellow notes thru the Quad bookshelves. The AV room is usually used around weekends only.

@ Josh,
For the CDP, why dont you contemplate getting it imported from Chennai?
Let me know if you need numbers of the people to talk to.

Brgs

Purchased Last week:

1. Amp: Marantz PM5003, 16.5K, at Viola Mumbai. Also tried CA azur 340A, Denon PMA500, Harman/Kardon 3490, Marantz PM4001 - the choice finally boiling down to PM5003 and PM4001. Chose PM5003 as I felt it had better overall clarity. PM6003 was also an option but at about 7K more for a gain of just 5Watts, I thought it wasn't worth the extra bucks.

2. FS Canton LE 170, 27K, at Viola Mumbai. Also tried Polk Audio TSi 300 and 400, Polk Audio RTiA7, MS Aviano 6, Wharfedale 9.5 and 10.5, MA 11L2, Infinity Primus 250, KEF C5, and Mission m35i. Chose the Canton as it paired very well with the Marantz PM5003. The Polk TSi 300 and 400 were a bit lacking in bass though they shone in the mids and highs. The Wharfedales and MS Aviano 6 also sounded quite good, but I didn't like the Infinity Primus 250, KEF C5 or the Mission m35i.

3. Speaker cable - DAC 12AWG OFC - freebie from the dealer. CD player-Amp cable - already had an MX Component cable so using that for now.

Need to Buy: CDp - kind of shortlisted Marantz CD6003 but not available in stock. Any pointers to availability in Mumbai - highly welcome.

Thanks,
Joshua

Hope the meet made u to spend immediately.. Good effect. Enjoy your purchase and do post your comments.

Thank you Srini. I will post a comparison with my earlier CD 63 Mark II

where did you pick it up from captrajesh?

I bought at a dealer in Richie Street in Chennai.

Share us few more details capt. Who was the vendor and any other product you considered.

I was looking for a replacement for my earlier Sony CD Player & came to know of a pre-used Marantz CD 63 Mark II & having read all the good words about it in the forum, bought it 10 days back and was generally happy with the performance.

But since the buttons were a bit hard and also there was a bit of skipping once a while, I went back to the dealer to discuss about it and saw the CD 6003 lying packed in a box. It was supposed to have been imported by mistake and was absolutely brand new.

On enquiry, dealer said it would cost 20k.Since I went against the old wisdom which says not to buy pre-used CD player and having got a glimpse of what is in store, jumped at the opportunity & purchased it having already read rave reviews about the player.

Sidharth, I am REALLY impressed with the selections! Excellent choices. Glad you picked some of the albums we discussed. I'm sure you will love the stuff.

I've recently picked up a few items:

Hardware:
1) Ray Samuels Nighthawk F117 Phono Stage
This phono stage blew my mind with its sound quality and adjustability via easy to use dials. It has an introductory price of $650, but it will normally sell for $750. The reason I bought it is because it is extremely portable (will bring it with me to India) and extremely versatile. I might get a second table and would like to connect it to my preamp being able to run two tables with different cartridges.

DSC_6278.jpg

2) Ray Samuels Protector balanced portable amplifier ($450):
This amp was unveiled at the headphone meet at my house. It sounded so awesome that I questioned the need for a fully balanced home headphone amp in my Ray Samuels B52. Anyhow, this amp was a dream with my Ultimate Ears UE11 pro In Ear Monitors. Will be perfect for travel. The amazing part was how perfectly it drove my Sennheiser HD600 with the Stefan Arts Equinox balanced cable. I fell really hard for the sound of this puny little amp as it rivaled multi thousand dollar home amps. I had to get one.

Getting a black one with a Silver knob, just like the Phono stage above:

DSC_6261.jpg

3) JMW 12.5 Armtube $1500: (EDIT: Purchase Confirmed now)
Finally, this purchase hasn't been confirmed yet, but I am going to pick up a second armtube for my turntable. This is a piece that will allow me to load a second cartridge mounted and ready to switch the armtube on my VPI turntable. I can swap cartridges under 10 seconds and maybe have a mono cartridge ready on hand when needed.

A very useful feature as I dwell deeper into Vinyl and it's superior sound to anything digital I have come across:

JMW-12-a.jpg

Last edited:
how i wish i could use that room on a regular basis, once back from work the bedroom rack with Quad Pre-Power+Marantz SACD Player serve best with mellow notes thru the Quad bookshelves.

Can the Quad 909 also be used with any other Pre-Amp?? :confused:

For the CDP, why dont you contemplate getting it imported from Chennai?

Let me know if you need numbers of the people to talk to.

I'm looking for a nice SS Integrated amp. Can I look towards a bargain deal?:licklips:

CD player-Amp cable - already had an MX Component cable so using that for now.

Thanks,
Joshua
Congrats on your purchase Joshua:)

I hope you are using RCA and not component cable for audio. About the CD 6003, check with CaptRajesh, even he bought one recently.

If you have a dedicated room and wonderful speakers and electronics to compliment the room, you'll order LPs, CDs, XRCDs just like ST ordered.

Well done!

:)
Vinod: I have often wondered how you are able to get so much time to listen to music. I envy you :)

My Purchases in last 2 weeks..

Blue-Rays -

Matrix - INR 999
Transformers INR 1299

at Shinestar,Promonade, Delhi

Purchased Last week:

Thanks,
Joshua

Never knew Viola has also started stocking Canton. Did you Audition the Wharfedales over there as well? Because thats also surprising

And finally I clearly remember he never stocked DAC. Infact he told me DAC is the worst. So Joshua please clear the confusion for me
About the CDP you looking for try with some grey dealers

Sam,
Nothing on rent but only meet-greet & listening sessions work well here.
You remember the last one you missed at Gurgaon?

Was that a Comment
23.gif

Well hard to explain why I missed, but to trust is all I can request. Will try my best to join the next one.

If you have a dedicated room and wonderful speakers and electronics to compliment the room, you'll order LPs, CDs, XRCDs just like ST ordered.
Well done!

I will very soon I will....thats my Dream.....just need your prayers....:)

Last edited:
Very excited! My separate JMW 12.5 armwand purchase has been confirmed! Updated page 3 :) Now I will be looking for a second cartridge.

I just want something cheap but a very high performer...Not sure what I want.

Sony DR BT101 Black Bluetooth headphones.

20p97ap.jpg

Price : 2000

Vender : 20th North

Well after trying to find a decent blurtooth headphones in the local market went for these, either I was getting some local chineese stuff for the same price or Nokia Headphones for around 4000, so keeping that in mind I think I got an OK deal. Got the product within 20 days and its working flawlessly with my LG LCD (has inbuilt bluetooth) and with my Nokia E75. Objective was not music listining but being able to watch TV at night for which it is serving the purpose pretty well.

Last edited:
hi,
i was very excited when i saw this thread.
below mentioned are the equipment i recently purchased and set up my home theatre.
DISLPAY: PIONEER KURO KRP-500M......As most of u know its a 50 inches full hd plasma display panel with breathtaking specs and images.

DVD PLAYER:pIONEER 410-S HDMI DVD PLAYER
BLU RAY: PIONEER BDP-320
CONNECTORS:DAIYO & BANDRIDGE
SPEAKER CABLES: AUDIOQUEST

AV RECIEVER: HARMAN KARDON 355
FRONT R & L : JBL ES-80 4 WAY TOWERS
CENTRE: JBL ES-25C
SURROUNDS: JBL ES-10
SUBWOOFERS: JBL ES250PW(WIRELESS SUB) & JBL L8400P

That Kuro is one of the best plasma.. Could you let us know how much it is and from where u got.. thanks..

Optoma HD20 : Visualapex: 979$
Lots of cables(HDMI, Composite, Component, Toslink): Monoprice : ~140$
Ausu O!Play: Compusa: 99$
Logiitech Harmony 670: Compusa: 59.9$
Top Gun Bluray: 14.9$: Bestbuy
Panasonic BD60 Bluray player: Sears: 129.9$

Optoma HD20 : Visualapex: 979$
Lots of cables(HDMI, Composite, Component, Toslink): Monoprice : ~140$
Ausu O!Play: Compusa: 99$
Logiitech Harmony 670: Compusa: 59.9$
Top Gun Bluray: 14.9$: Bestbuy
Panasonic BD60 Bluray player: Sears: 129.9$

About the projector, who took the delivery and customs headace, what was the final price after adding these in Rs plz......and just for the projector.....

I got my WDTV Live from USA through my brother for 119$ couple of days back, I played couple of films in m2ts format, the picture quality was excellent :licklips: but the sound was very poor on my 50B450 :eek:

Last edited:
Hi,

Optoma HD65 = $623 including shipping & customs.
Reason: Value for Money, Good reviews.
Pros: Value for Money, awesome contrast ratio, picture quality.
Cons: Placement restrictions.

I am as excited as a fluffy puppy with a new bone!

Cheers!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back